Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-20-15, 07:54 PM   #1
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Dale hallow

Thinking of going thanksgiving weekend anyone interested
Old 10-20-15, 08:59 PM   #2
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I just looked that up, online. Beautiful place. But Thanksgiving won't happen for me. I get back from two weeks in Houston that week, and family always comes first. Too far a drive from Central Florida.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-16, 05:49 PM   #3
Captmikestarrett

Watching MLF on Dale Hollow and I have to say these guys do not have it figured out. Man that water is so clear and the hydrilla is awesome. Why do I not see anybody throwing a stick bait and covering a lot of grass??

With spots and smallies you would think they would capitalize on a sinking rap or a suspending bait..

That is me always second guessing the pros..

Capt Mike
Old 01-19-16, 11:57 AM   #4
nobass

i am no expert on dale hallow lake by any means . but they where fishing in wolf creek which is in the lower area of lake in summer time. though it looked like they where fish shallow. they where more likely sitting in 30 to 40 foot of water . throwing to bank that could be from 1 to 20 foot deep. on dale lower end is for small mouth if you what lg mouth you need to fish upper end . the sm mouth will be suspended it 50 foot plus water during daytime and feed mostly at night. as you saw most fish caught where spots or lg and scattered . it is really hard to get sm. as you asked capt. mike . early am or late pm. you will have better luck throw stick baits and swim baits over the grass. i was on dale last weekend. most of the fish i caught where on a jig fishing main points in 20 to 40 ft. ok water. also had some luvk with a rig. float and fly should really be could after this week with the temps being in low teens. also live shiners under floats where working. i hope this helps explain. dale will hand you your hat in your hand . more often than not. love fishing that lake if you ever get a chance you should give it a try. best time are from thanksgiving till mid of may
Old 01-19-16, 08:44 PM   #5
Captmikestarrett

Capt Dave and I are fishing Guntersville in Oct two weekends in a row to and from Houma LA. I suspect that a couple of guides who fish tides will also get our hats handed to us.
I really should not second guess PROS but it seemed like the perfect bait.

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.