Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 01-22-09, 02:53 AM   #76
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

my biggest gripe with champions is this......i have a buddy that has a new 210elite with a 250 proxs, beautiful boat and rides nice. but i hate the way it fishes, the bow of the boat sits so high out of the water that when i am running the trolling motor i feel like i am leaning up a hill and one leg is higher than the other. when i reach over the sides to the water it seems like it is a long ways to the water, and the wind seems to catch the front end really bad. plus it is so heavy that it takes a long time to change directions with the trolling motor. i know it sounds like i am running down champions and i am not, they are an ok boat in my opinion but everybody looks for different things i a boats design and it just didn't fit my needs all that well.

i still say bass cat
Old 01-22-09, 01:42 PM   #77
skeeterman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to skeeterman

Well i have heard all the this boat better than that.IMO if your boat floats you have a good one lol
skeeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 02:17 PM   #78
jcw1503
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i agree with skeeterman
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 06:20 PM   #79
barkelypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
Well i have heard all the this boat better than that.IMO if your boat floats you have a good one lol

Post of the year. Hands down.
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 08:53 PM   #80
rangerryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
as long as you are pulling it with a GMC or Chevy..... lol
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 09:36 PM   #81
skeeterman

Send a message via AIM to skeeterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerryan View Post
as long as you are pulling it with a GMC or Chevy..... lol
I guess i have a good one cause i pull mine with a chevy trailblazer lol
skeeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 08:07 AM   #82
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The nicest boat I have fished out of was a sprint.I would love to own a sprint but I probably never will. I do like skeeters, they aren't bad but its difficult to beat a Champion for the ride.I fish mostly out of Rangers and Tritons. Any of them are nice, some better than others.

Bob,The most I have ever been scared in my life was riding in a Bullet.We were flying at 80 mph through pretty heavy boat traffic. The boat was chine walking like crazy but the guy wouldn't slow down.Even after I asked him to once we were picking up to run to another spot. I think I would decline to fish if I were ever drawn with him again. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 09:29 AM   #83
bamabassman

pnj, that is the ONE reason i probably would never go with someone who has a bullit. most of the guy that own one, own it so that they can go full blast everytime. a bullit is a fine boat don't get me wrong. my neighbor had one. he never used it for the fact that he said the same thing. it is like something posesses him when he would take it out. so he sold it, to save his life he said. personally, i truly don't care which boat one chooses, just be cautious and don't let the horsepower turn you into a speed freak. my cajun has a 200 hp motor on it, venom ok? now i will floor it at times, but to say i rip up and down the river is just flat out WRONG. it has duel tanks,25 gals each i think. and last summer from say march till dec. i have filled up both tanks TWICE. and one tank is still full today. that ought to tell you that i am out there to FISH and not rip up and down the river. it ain't JUST because of the gas prices that i didn't run the outboard. it helped, but that is not why i am out there. now as for my trolling motor.......welll it needs up graded. i have a 56# thrust right now. gonna get me an 80# this year i hope. and some better batteries to go with it.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 04:49 PM   #84
scooter520
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Best Boat on the Market?

Depend on what you mean by best. What do you want your boat to do? Go faster that lightnin but have no room to fish? Get an Allison. Wanna go a little slower, and maybe take a wave or two? Get a Bullet. Wanna have a boat that comes with a for sale sign? Get a Nitro. Want a pretty fast ride, good rough water boat? get a Legend.
But do you want to prowl on the Big water? Look at Annacondas, Big Champions, Big Rangers, and yes Big Skeeters.
I don't care, all three will get me there and back. The Skeeter just rides the big stuff better. As for leg room, I'm 6'1" 330lbs and don't have a problem. And you know what? I do not own one. But I've been in em all. Story. Making a 25 mile run on Lake Michigan in a new Champion 206 with a 250XS, 3 ft seas, Wide Open, and out of NOWHERE comes a 20i with a 300 four stroke.... FOUR STROKE !! And I'm gettin pounded, these guys go by me eating breakfast and having coffee !! ( not really , but they were not getting as beat up as we were).
Old 01-26-09, 12:23 AM   #85
Frogman51
BassFishin.Com Member

My son has a 18'9" 2000 Skeeter and take it from someone that has a broken back in 3 places, a herniated disc and lost my right leg below the knee. Skeeter is the smoothest riding boat on the market. I've rode in them all, Rangers, Champion's, Nitro's, Bass Cats, Etc. and you'll never convince me of anything different. Triton is the worst riding boat of them all. I can't walk after riding in a Triton for 6 to 8 hours.
Frogman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 01:06 AM   #86
boater

Oh you poked a bear wit a stick. How much room you need to fish??? I only take up 1.5 square feet of area on the front deck of my Allison have rods spread out tackle and another person. hmmm
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-09, 01:30 AM   #87
carolina-rig-01

i have never been in an allison so i can't speak for how much room they do or do not have. but i generally have several rods layed out on the front deck and hate to feel cramped for space. and nothing makes me more upset than having to step over or around a co-anglers gear.
Old 02-01-09, 05:49 PM   #88
1FASTLASER

Ok here is the nut cutting. Skeeters are ok as far as cookie cutter boats are concerned but they arnt the best in MY opinion. They have the ammenities but not enough for me to buy one if I was buying a new one. Neither does stratos,procraft and the list goes on. Now if your gonna buy new and want ALL the bells and whistles lets get into real boats that do it ALL in a big way. Now mind you we are talking cookie cutter boats. OK here goes it Gambler,CHampion,BumbleBee,Blazer......get the picture. Thes boat builders and they are cookie cutter boats take the time on the fit and finish and the layout and ALL the bells and whistles from the get go to make a boat that you can buy and go fishing in RIGHT away and npt have to change anything. PLUS THEY WILL RUN wit the big dogs. Now I aint saying that the rest dont build a good boat...........they do they just dont build the kinda boat I am gonna layout out anywhere from 30-45,000 for and not be happy with anything.
Old 02-02-09, 09:44 AM   #89
boater

BWB magazine does a good test of about 50 boats about once a year it is an informative article.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-09, 03:04 PM   #90
aikenyounggun

Ill say it again.... a Champion is unbeatable.
aikenyounggun is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.