Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-25-05, 04:56 PM   #1
abugarcia6
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fireline?

nebody used fireline? just bought sum 10 pound test of it and am about to try it this upcomin week...is it good or bad?
Old 12-25-05, 05:00 PM   #2
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Fireline to me is a great line on spinning reels. Excellant sensitivity,small diameter, casts VERY WELL on spinning reels. Baitcasters dont like it to well. Backlash and you can just about forget that spool.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-05, 05:33 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

have used it on both prefur it on spinning reels bait caster tends to cut my finger apart every hook set.. this is the real thing never pull a hung up lure free with bare hand while using fire line it will cut you like a razor..

zooker
Old 12-25-05, 10:39 PM   #4
Fish2win

It is very limp. Has very little memory and cast great. I dont use it for every application but I do use it on Casting tackle. It is great with a spook. It is also great with Texas rigged worms or craws. I dont care for it much with crankbaits or spinnerbaits and opt for Trilene then.The diamater of 14 is the same as 8 I beleive. It is verylow stretch as Zook aluded to, not a bad as original Spider Wire but low stretch none the less.Fish2win
Old 12-26-05, 12:13 PM   #5
Stick-em

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Default FireLine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Fireline to me is a great line on spinning reels. Excellant sensitivity,small diameter, casts VERY WELL on spinning reels. Baitcasters dont like it to well. Backlash and you can just about forget that spool.
And, I would never fish at nighttime with fireline again. It just seems to find every nook, crack and cranny it can find to wrap around for sure. I like it during the day for cutting those weeds if getting hung up in them. That no stretch line can cut you for sure as Zooker said. I always wrap a rag around my hand and then the line if hung up on the bottom or something...
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 09:12 PM   #6
Marty

I've been using 14# Fireline on a spinning reel for a couple of years and am mostly pleased. My experience has been different from a couple of previous posters, in that it doesn't cast as well for me as 10# mono. It seems to dig in to itself a little, but whatever, I can't cast it as far as the mono.

I am amazed at its abrasion resistance to vegetation.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-05, 09:29 PM   #7
KH.

fireline is personally one of the best lines i have used on spinning reels.the only problem i had was getting it spooled on there.it eventually broke for the first time this fall while fishing a spook(like f2w said this line works well with this lure).had a blow up then i set the hook and it broke.hasnt cut me yet but theres always a time
Old 12-28-05, 12:43 AM   #8
bass kicker

used it drift troolin for pike and musky and a 4 lb pike slamed my sucker and the line sliced right through the flesh on my finger to the bone. its best on spining reels

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.