Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-05-09, 09:48 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default A thank you for a fantastic weekend to mississippiboy and mississippigal

i want to publicly thank daniel and louann for a GREAT weekend. lisa and i had a fantastic time.
we arrived at their house around 5 pm. there was louann waiting for us with open arms. and then daniel came home from work (poor dog,lol). and his parents also came over to join us for dinner.they are the NICEST folks too. daniels mom and louann and lisa went in the kitchen and started cooking the sides on a belly satisfyling meal. we had corn on the cob, smashed taters (louann, i did noticed the sour cream too, it was great, not alot and i loved it darling), corn bread and STEAK! desert was some of lisa's strawberry pis and daniel's mother made one of the BEST peach cobblers i have EVER put in my big ol mouth. i am telling ya'll we have GOT to get them to come to kentucky so she can make some more. daniel was busy on the grill cooking some REAL good MEAT. his dad and i talked while we watched them all cook foaming at the mouth,lol. his dad is a great fella too. really wish they would come gang. VERY GOOD FOLKS. then after we ate and chatted and yes moaned over the fact that we all ate too much,lmao. we all went to bed.
we awoke at 4 am ready to hit Calling Panther lake. packed up tha cajun and headed out. we were the FIRST to launch, barely dawn, quiet and a little fog rising over the water. we rigged up our rods, the ladies were there too. and started flinging.
while we didn't get so much as a nibble. even if lisa said that she SWORE she was getting bites,lmao, we talked, and laughed all day. the sun came out and it was a BEAUTIFUL day. the gals left around noon, and daniel and i fished the rest of the day. throwing just about everything and anything we both had. lost 3 jigs (no kory, not a thunderstruck), and i think a pack of worms,lizards all together, and around 4 crankbaits. although i did find a spinnerbait,lol. we were running low on the troller batteries and the sun was about gone. we headed for the house.
spent of energy, we called good ol pizza hut and pigged out again. decided we would go to BASS PRO SHOPS sunday and hit the hay like a ton of bricks. we were TIRED but happy as pigs in slop i tell ya.
got up sunday morning and together we went to bps. shopped and restocked our losses. said a heartfelt and tearfull goodbye with promises for a return visit THIS year. that lake ain't gonna whup us i can PROMISE you that friends. and with this couple with a newborn on the way...... WE WILL BE BACK! if anyone of you folks are lucky enough to be invited to go and visit, GO. lisa and i talked about the fun we had all the way home.
oh yea... i better mention that there was ONE fish caught. and YES LISA CAUGHT IT. a crappie that weighed 1 pound and 8 ounces, on a big shiner. if i didn't mention this i would never live it down. so again....... the mrs bamabassman won the day for us to not be skunked. congrats to my beautiful bride. and thank you honey,lmao.
so i will close by saying again to daniel and louann, THANK YOU, AND GOD BLESS YOU TWO AND YOUR NEW BABY ON THE WAY. we had a great trip and will look forward to many more in the future.

your "new" aunt and uncle,
john and lisa
Old 04-06-09, 09:42 AM   #2
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

That's awesome Bama!
Old 04-06-09, 12:30 PM   #3
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ok, now that John is finished bragging on me, it's my turn to brag on him. Although I'm not quite as verbose as he is, so this'll be a shorter post.

John and Lisa were the perfect guests, plus they're some of the best people you could hope to meet. Anybody that was at the member event at Guntersville last year can attest to this. They're family, no doubt about t. We had a great time all weekend, even with only 1 fish between the four of us. That's about 36 man-hours of fishing . I've got pictures in my album, as soon as they get approved.

We threw everything in the tacklebox at them. We started off with buzzbaits, a Spook, Pop'r's, rattletraps, and spinnerbaits. Came up empty on all those, so we switched to worms, craws, jigs, deep and shallow crankbaits. Nothing. Shaky head, frogs, different colors of everything, C-rigs, T-rigs, deep water, shallow water, suspending jerkbaits, flukes, slow retrieve, fast retrieve...................We kept joking about how we were going to get on this site Monday and everybody's going to say "You should've tried _____ with a _____..." or "They were probably at ___ depth..." or "Did you try around ______ type of cover..." or "They would've gone for a ______..." So we threw everything we had in the boat at them, in hopes that we won't get one of those kinds of replies, slap ourselves on the head, and say "Of course!!!!! Why didn't we think of THAT!?!?!?!?"

But we had a great time. We laughed and joked, goofed off, had several deep conversations about the meaning of life and the origin of mankind. I can't wait for May to come around. And if we can swing it, either the Seavers are coming over here again, or we're headed to Alabama. The last thing John said to me was "That lake ain't beat me yet. I'll be back."
Old 04-06-09, 12:52 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01

should have tried chartruese dynamite lol.

sounds like you all had a great time, that's great. looking foward to meeting yall at kentucky.
Old 04-06-09, 02:11 PM   #5
MississippiBoy

We thought about it, C-Rig. If we'd had some, I betcha we would've tried it, just to prove the fact that there were, indeed, fish in that lake.

I forgot to mention how many lures we lost over the course of the day. I lost 2-3 spinnerbaits, 1 jig, several T-rigs, and a crankbait or two. Plus I straightened out the hook on a couple more jigs. After the second or third time bending them back with pliers, I could definitely tell they were getting a little weak, so I retired them. Time for another order of jigs, methinks.
Old 04-06-09, 02:17 PM   #6
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

It's really cool to meet people for real, from a message board.
I've met several from a sports forum I post on. Been to several football, baseball and basketball games with some of the guys.
In fact, this will be our 2nd annual Memorial weekend BBQ & Tigers game.
Old 04-06-09, 04:22 PM   #7
CMorg

What is strawberry pis ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 04:36 PM   #8
bcklash

MississippiBoy, we got to have dinner with John and Lisa last fall and your right they are great people and during our conversation that I found out how much they think of you and Louann. And yes we will have a great time in Kentucky. Just 37 days away.
Old 04-06-09, 04:49 PM   #9
bamabassman

cmorg, strawberry pis was meant to be strawberry pie. lisa made it, so sorry for the misspelled word. i was VERY tired last night. happy....but tired. and c-rig....we did say we should have used dynamite,lmao. for real,hahahahhaha.
Old 04-06-09, 08:17 PM   #10
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sounds like a good weekend fellas. ya'll will get em next time....
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-09, 09:52 PM   #11
CMorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
cmorg, strawberry pis was meant to be strawberry pie. lisa made it, so sorry for the misspelled word. i was VERY tired last night. happy....but tired. and c-rig....we did say we should have used dynamite,lmao. for real,hahahahhaha.
Hey, I understood what it was. I just found it funny in an imature way...
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-09, 01:42 PM   #12
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
What is strawberry pis ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
Hey, I understood what it was. I just found it funny in an imature way...
I wondered how long it would take to come up. Bama, sounds awesome.

BB

P.S. bama, might want to try reading the posts over before ya post. I do it most of the time. You'll catch most of those... er.. funny little errors and probably get a good laugh.
Old 04-07-09, 06:22 PM   #13
bamabassman

yea bb you are right pal. i was just soo very tired but wanted to post this thank you before i went to bed that night. besides.... folks like it when ya make mistakes anyway. hahahahahaha.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.