Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 07-06-11, 10:28 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default mrs. dickerson needs our help on a rod n reel gang

got an email form mrs. dickerson folks. she is blaming me for getting her hooked on fishing, lol. she has got a fishing partner and needs our help on getting her set up with a rod n reel for general fishing. she wants something strong enough for cats as well as bass and bream. so if ya'll would, give her your opion on what she needs to get.
let me remind oyu now she is not into the high priced stuff we all get and want. so i think baitcasters are not included. she needs something not too expensive yet good for someone who is kinda a novice. she is one of our senior citezens too ok? she can handle a spinning reel nicely, as this is what she used at the wheeler get together. i told her that is probably gonna be her best bet on a combo. along with a ZEBCO combo. so that is 2 combos for her to use. giver her YOUR opion on which reel she should get on the spinning reel. i say a ABU CARDINAL along with a nice medium rod from wally world. spooled with 10 pound mono to get her started. what's ya'lls opion?

thanks in advance on her behalf gang.
Old 07-06-11, 10:47 PM   #2
Bassboss

Exactly what I was thinkin john. Another vote for the cardinal. Either a 2500 or 3000 depending on the size of the cats she's going after. I'd probably go with a garcia 6'6" or 7 medium spinning rod to top it off... and some good 10 lb mono like you said. Something tough, but limp, maybe trilene Maxx?

Also when I was at cabelas a few weeks ago, I saw some nice AG cardinal COMBOS for 70 bucks I think. I didn't get to fiddle with em much but they felt nice.
Old 07-06-11, 10:48 PM   #3
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I am going to go out on a limb and say this, and I don't mean it to sound rude. With all the rod and reels that Zooker had, if she has any interest in fishing at all, it seems to me that she shold have an opportunity to use one of the many combos that Zooker owned. Maybe I am out of line, I don't know, but it seems reasonable to me.
Old 07-07-11, 08:04 PM   #4
bamabassman

tavery, i understand waht oyu are saying. and if she wasn't so far away.......she would have her choice of which set up she wanted. i do have the rods and reels. and if she wants em, they are hers. i was gonna send her one anyway. and now that she is wanting to get into fishing..........i am sending her a nice spinning reel and rod. but she wants to get one now, so i thought i would ask the gang here waht they recomended. so you are ok buddy. no harm, no foul.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.