Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-08, 08:46 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Angry Help!!!!!

ok, gang, i need some help. like REALLY BAD!!! i went fishing today at south sauty camp on guntersville lake. guys and gals.... itried EVERYTHING i could think of. here are the conditions, windy as he--, blowing 10-20 mph. water is clear to stained. water temp was 64 degrees. air temp was 62 degrees. oh, sorry wind outa the north too. tried a yellow trick worm ( boat launch man said that was what everyone reported they were catching em on). nothing!! tried manns 8"grape worm, nuthn. tried a black zoom with a blue tail, nuthn. tried a black with red tail, nuthn. went to a flat a crank, shiner color, nuthn.lol getting the picture? tried spinners, white, yellow, blue/red, red, nuthn. tried most everything in the boat minus the telephone and dynamite. any suggestions? oh yea even tried the drop shot. NUTHN!!! weather is supposed to be 50 in the morn. calming winds maybe 5-10 outa the north northwest or maybe the south, southwest. (getting a little frazzled here). now i know that they are getting ready to go on bed cause i saw 3 right on the bank, fish em with worms and crawdads for an hour, nuthn still. what now friends?!? help me out gang. and thanks a bunch.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 08:52 PM   #2
zooker

fish are beddin bites are very touchy. give it a couple weeks and they will be on the points schoolin and feedin heavy..i loath this time of year too..

zooker
Old 04-19-08, 09:06 PM   #3
bamabassman

but they weren't a week ago!!!! or 2 weeks either. what the ----??? hahaha. just going crazy i guess.
Old 04-20-08, 12:52 AM   #4
Rebbasser

Bama, sounds like you were fishing the bass fisherman's nightmare-post frontal conditions. That same front blew through here Thursday night.
Old 04-20-08, 08:13 AM   #5
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'd head to another section of the lake and try and find more aggressive fish. Got the same thing going on here. Tough fishing in one half of the lake and 19-25 lb sacks coming out of the other.
Old 04-20-08, 09:00 AM   #6
bamabassman

thanks guys. what zooker said is what has happened. neighbor said that the bass were bedding all over the lake. i went to another section instead of my normal launching area. he went to another section as well. both got the same results. oh well, i can wait 2 weeks till they come off the beds. may should be a killer month for us here. thanks for the input. thought i was losing it there for a minute. still ain't used to the changes from south bama to north bama. i really thought they were off the beds here. they are down south i heard. going to the beach next weekend with my wife for a little r and r. then watch out sow bellys!! hahaha, yea like i am a threat to em, rofl.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.