Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 04-04-10, 07:14 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default East Fork / Newton Lake Illinois

Anyone on here fish em ? I have never been , and I have tournaments on both lakes this year and I dont have time to prefish. I need to know any certain area's that have good structure / cover. Thanks in advance.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 11:49 PM   #2
Bender

I have never been there but some of my friends went this winter. They caught their fish on shaky heads and jigs. There are some pigs in there! I don't really have any information other than I think they have a 25HP limit but they do allow bass boats to launch and use only the TM, at least until you are out of sight of the ramp. Not sure how that will work in a tournament since you have to abide by all laws or get DQ'ed usually.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 04:09 PM   #3
CMorg

Thank you bender , I have a 25 hp outboard
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 09:18 AM   #4
basscaster
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to basscaster
Default Newton

When are you going ? I have been to Newton twice this Spring.There are two ramps here with main ramp on the beginning of hot side(looking out-left) cold side straight ahead of you). Go south around the dam and stick to the lake and there is another real good ramp- (middle of cold side) that has 10/20 boat trailers on busy day compared to 120/150 on Main ramp. Fishing has been slow for me, real slow.I had one good afternoon out of 6 days of fishing.It is a good jig lake with alot of fallen timber everywhere.Spinnerbaits and topwaters work good. Stick to the cold side.Last week- discharge area 80+ degrees, main ramp 70 and cold side ramp(2 miles up was about 65).
basscaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.