Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 08-24-10, 04:47 PM   #1
HarveysMinnow
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Chatuge Lake, Ga & NC

Has anyone fished recently in Chatuge Lake, which straddles the Georgia and western NC border?

If you have, what kind of luck did you have?

Old 08-28-10, 11:10 PM   #2
HarveysMinnow

OK, has anybody even heard of Chatuge Lake ? Never been there myself ... it appears to be in a rather remote area.

Old 08-29-10, 09:18 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Harvey, i ain't heard of it pal. Sorry. Hope oyu do great though!!
Old 01-11-11, 01:53 PM   #4
Brwnbass
BassFishin.Com Member

I have a friend that fishes that lake alot. It is full of big spotted bass. along with largemouth & smallmouth. The smallies are almost gone from what he says,tho. The lake is also full of alewives & blueback herring & the bite follows them.
Old 01-11-11, 04:46 PM   #5
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There is a guide in north georgia (cant remember his name) that fishes that lake. he seems to do good there. Ill see if I cant dig up his information.
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 07:00 PM   #6
HarveysMinnow

I had all but forgotten that this thread existed. I fished this beautiful lake back in Oct of last year...no luck to speak of. Didn't feel too bad though, since no one else was catching anything either. It's unlikely that I'll go there again, cos it's about a 7 hr drive from me. Anyways guys, thanks for your comments and willingness to help.

Old 01-12-11, 10:11 PM   #7
Carolina Fisher
BassFishin.Com Member

This is my home water , its a highly pressured small lake that usually takes a bag of 14+ to be in the money . There is generally 3 evening pot tournaments a week from multiple ramps , and usually 3-7 club tournaments every saturday followed by a 6-12 pm night tournament that draws an average of 40 boats every saturday night . This lake is blessed with structure , blowdowns , brushpiles , chunk rock , clay , numerous islands and points . and plenty of boat docks .

If you were here in October , you were on the back end of a summer that saw a huge drought , record temps and extremely high water tempratures . I haven't saw a smallmouth weighed in in almost 3 years now . Some VERY healthy spotted bass , and a quality population of largemouth are the norm . Popular lake to fish and as you said beautiful scenery .

I had alot of successs in October both on the drop shot , and crankbaits . Anything green in soft plastic is your color of choice , shad patterned crankbaits and you can't go wrong . Wind and typical "spot" patterns will bring you the most success , if your looking for largemouth head to the rivers both on the NC and GA side .

If you ever do decide to make a return trip shoot me a pm and I'll get you pointed in the right direction , very good lake , but tough to figure out .
Carolina Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.