Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-06-08, 08:44 PM   #26
bothomas
BassFishin.Com Active Member

well done WTL. one more thing,,,,,,,,,,, If I'm on the water the wind will be blowing 15 mph.... So you guys decide if you want me to go or not....lol
And yes,,,,,,, there will be multiple tourny's on sat and sun. Hopefully a lot of jet ski's, sailboats, and cruisers. But we'll have to see!
bothomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 09:03 PM   #27
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Hey guys. We've been talking and since my dad's only got spinning rods/reels we're looking for a baitcasting setup for him before we go. We're also going ot get my flippin stick built and get me a reel for it. We're really looking forward to coming and hopefully learning some stuff.

Thanks again guys,
BB
Old 05-06-08, 09:59 PM   #28
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Jealous, Jealous, Jealous! Fellas those of us too far away and to self-concious about our lack of knowledge (and gear) are going to need lots of pictures and posts from that weekend....

Last edited by brushhog; 05-07-08 at 08:53 AM.
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 10:12 PM   #29
bamabassman

brushhog.. that is why I stated to EVERONE TO BRING YOUR CAMERA!!! HAHAHA, we want lots of pics gang!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-08, 10:30 PM   #30
WTL

The camp is near middle of the page on the above pic - near where it says public access area.

Old 05-06-08, 10:44 PM   #31
bamabassman

Thank You Wtl!!!! Awesum Man.
Old 05-08-08, 10:40 AM   #32
rodman rat

Stupid kid caught stealing $1600.00
Dog eats tennis ball $3000.00
Missing the fishing get together of a life time PRICELESS!!
rodman rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-08, 10:48 AM   #33
Kevin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman rat View Post
Does this mean we should add your name to the attendance list?
Old 05-08-08, 11:09 AM   #34
rodman rat

Is that ment to be funny Kevin!
No I will not be making it but will be crying the whole time!
Old 05-09-08, 11:19 AM   #35
rodman rat

I will be thinking about ya'll the whole time!!
Old 05-09-08, 04:56 PM   #36
MississippiBoy

Sorry you can't make it, rat...there'll be more trips later, I'm sure. We'll post lotsa pics once we get back.

WTL and Bama...I hear through the grapevine that spinnerbaits are the lures of choice for guntersville...is this true, and what has been the most effective, in your humble opinion(s)? Colorado, willow, or Indiana blade, bright or dark colors, etc...
Thanks guys.

By the way...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-08, 05:06 PM   #37
WTL

They are one of the lures, definitly. Rat-l-traps too.

I like to throw a homemade tandemn indiana/colorado spinnerbait with white painted blades. That will be tied on one of my rods as soon as I leave, thats for sure. You can catch them on many different types of blades of course, I just feel confident in that one personally.

Oh yeah - plastics - I use red shad and junebug a lot.
Old 05-09-08, 06:37 PM   #38
BigBassin144

What color traps work good down there??? That Baitmonkey will be hittin us specially hard before the trip. My dad's been looking at some baitcasters and rods since he only has spinning rods. He's trying to get a Revo Premier in eBay. Is the Premier better (besides being lighter) then the STX?

BB
Old 05-09-08, 06:51 PM   #39
WTL

I normally stick to the spinnerbait, so I don't want to tell you wrong on the traps. I just know that they are popular ripping it out of the grass.
Old 05-10-08, 01:24 AM   #40
bamabassman

mississippiboy and bb...yes spinners are what they say is the hot ticket on the lake. i use a white lazer eye with a white blood skirt. willow leaf and colorado blades. and sometimes a white blade like wtl. rattle traps... ok, lots of em, lmao. but the orange tiger stripe, baby bass( painted like a bass), silver with blue and /or black backs. any type of orange will work. and DO NOT FORGET THE 6" ZOOM LIZARDS!! punkinseed with faded chartruse tail. or black, blue worms.
Old 05-11-08, 07:01 PM   #41
bamabassman

wonderful backinthesaddle!!!!!!! did ya get the boat too?
Old 05-11-08, 11:50 PM   #42
backinthesaddle
BassFishin.Com Member

Talking

Well the wife isn't as upset at the idea as I thought she would be so its a go. Just gotta getter checked out first. usually I ask forgiveness not permission but it was mothers day and my son let the cat out a the bag. Not gonna gettem for it though he's only 9.
backinthesaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-08, 04:54 PM   #43
bamabassman

hahaha, backinthesaddle. gotta love the kids and their "keeping a secret". hahaha, great that she is in agreement, she is coming too?
Old 05-14-08, 06:54 PM   #44
bamabassman

okay gang. i have an idea for the get together. if it is ok with everyone. my wife and i agree that it would be easier for us, so....how about everyone give us $10.00 a head and we will take care of all the food. minus of course the fish we eat,lol. and here is the game plan i have in mind. everyone that can, meet at the campsite at 7:0 p.m. friday night. kinda meet and look at where we all will be and get to know who everyone is. friday night food is on yourself. then we will start the fishing at 5oam saturday morning (sunup will be at around 4:30) if you want to meet earlier that is fine too. everyone comes in at 11:00am for lunch and to show what you caught and such. for lunch we will have sandwiches (all kinds of coldcuts and chips). then we go out again around 1:00pm or so and fish till 6:30 pm. be at the campsite no later than 7m. so we can clean our catch and start ooking. eat dinner and mingle some more. laugh, whatever. then on sunday morning starting at 8:0am. my wife has volinteered to cook her homemade egg gravy (best gravy i ever ate) and homemade biscuits for breakfast, say our goodbyes. if everyone agrees to pay the 10 bucks a head that will take care of everything except wht you drink. that way she knows that she will have all the stuff to make sure that we don't have to run to the store cause someone (me,haha) forgot something. then all you have to bring is chairs and drinks and where you will sleep. sound alright to ya'll? and does the gameplan sound good as well? keep in mind that i want each and every one of you to keep trach of EACH AND EVERY FISH YOU CATCH, ALL OF THEM. NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG. BRING YOUR CAMERA AND TAKE PICS OF ALL THE FISH TOO!! THIS IS FOR FUN AS WELL AS FOR SUPPER GANG. but i want to know how many and how big all the fish are, ok? also, i need to know who is staying at the campground and who is staying at hotels and so forth. i will be there with our travel trailer. i wil have 2 battery chargers, extension cords and 3 way plugs too. i have 1 table (if someone can bring another, we need it bad), and i have 4 chairs. so bring a chair or 2 in case some one don't have one. i will have the firewood too. and i will have 2 fish fryers. not gonna have room for my big gas grill. i really don't think that we will need one, but if you think we will ,wtl, bring yours. and i think that that is it gang. what do ya'll think? let me know quickly now, we got just 2 weeks to go.
Old 05-14-08, 06:55 PM   #45
bamabassman

oh, the $10.00 a head can be collected when you get here. ok?
Old 05-14-08, 08:11 PM   #46
BigBassin144

Sounds pretty good. We've booked a room in the lodge for saturday night, (only night available) and we'll be getting a room at a motel nearby for friday night. John, will you be there earlier than 7:00 Since we'll only be coming from Cullman, I expect we'll be there earlier. still can't wait!!

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 05-14-08 at 08:25 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 08:17 PM   #47
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

When I think of down sout, especially Guntersville, I picture a trap being 'the bait'. Don't know why, I just always have...

-Buzz
Buzz Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-08, 09:18 PM   #48
bamabassman

bb yes i whope to be there waaaayyyyy before 7o buddy. and buzzie..what trap? i ain't setting a trap for you pal. this is for real. and bb i lice , like, 10 minutes away from the campsite. just thought it would be better if we stayed there so we could greet everyone and set up everything. and we want to try out the travel trailer, hehehe. we hope to be there thursday (wife wants us to have a night alone, hehehe). naaaaa, just really want to make sure the trailer is ok and all. i am planing on either taking a vacation day or calling in sick. yea, i like the sick call better...."yea boss, i am sick.....SICK OF WORKING!" HAHAHAHAHAHA. hey bb, ya'll happen to have access to 1 more folding table? if not cool, we'll get by.
Old 05-14-08, 09:39 PM   #49
BigBassin144

I'll see what I can find table wise bama. I think we may have one, but I'll have to find it in our basement. I'll let you know if we can bring it.... or more importantly if I can find it.

BB
Old 05-14-08, 10:31 PM   #50
WTL

Yall can get together at 7 if you want to, I'm gonna be fishing. Thats just how its gonna be, thats one of the best times to be out there. Lets be careful not to get too regimented here with schedules and stuff. Besides, we aint children, we can socialize well after dark I'm sure.

The $10 idea sounds fine- I was toying with the idea of bringing some marys bbq from maysville and some dreamland sauce- but whatever yall wannado.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.