Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 03-07-10, 07:28 PM   #1
bloogle18
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Champlain fishing

Hey all, been living in Plattsburgh all my life, and pretty knowledgeable of the areas fisheries. I mostly fish northern Champlain and Valcour area. Didnt see a Lake Champlain thread so I thought I would see what I would get for conversation. Let it flow, looking to hear some info of your LC fishing trips
bloogle18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 10:45 PM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome to the site, I just moved up here to the area last fall. I made it to Champlain only a few times before the end of November when I hung it up for the year. I went to Valcour/Crab once and the other times I fished Windmill Point, the bridge pilings, and then down to "The Head" once. I haven't had any great days out there but always caught some nice fish, except the trip to Valcour where I only had a couple smaller bass. I may have been fishing a little deeper than I should, but I don't know.
I really want to get over to Missisquoi and down to Ti.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 11:03 PM   #3
Wishing2BFishing

I am surprised that neither of you mentioned Oneida. That lake is one of my favorites.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 12:48 AM   #4
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing View Post
I am surprised that neither of you mentioned Oneida. That lake is one of my favorites.
I haven't been there yet, it's 3 1/2 hours away from me and 4 1/2 from Plattsburgh. It's on my list but way behind 1000 Islands and the Saint Lawrence, especially after I saw that 5 fish 30# sack of smallies that came out of there last fall.
Old 03-08-10, 01:31 AM   #5
RichZ
BassFishin.Com Member

I fish Champlain about 30 to 40 days a year. My son lives in VT, and I try to get up there every three weeks or so from Late April into November. We usually only get to the north end one weekend of the season though. But the lower 60 miles or so of the lake -- we're there! I'd pretty much rather fish Champlain than anywhere else.
RichZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 08:33 AM   #6
Bender

Champlain has been kind of tough for me since I'm out there alone, there is so much water and it all looks pretty good. If I was a little closer I would go out there more.

Last week Kim Stricker did a show up in Rouses Point: www.kimstrickerproductions.com , I didn't get to see it but it should have been pretty good.
Old 03-12-10, 05:31 AM   #7
bloogle18
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah its definitely a lot to take in, last summer was decent year but most of the time i was out there i was killing it in the morning with spooks, Plattsburgh bay area and the mouth of the Saranac fill up with huge largies and go untouched. Near the mouth at night I have tagged some of the biggest large mouths I have encountered. most everyones is fishing vt side and southern champlain. I camped out on valcour a few times during the year, dropshotting and crankin it mostly catching smallies left and right in the bays.
bloogle18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.