Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 11-13-06, 10:58 AM   #26
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Jolly,

If price isn't and issue, please consider the big Champ and the BassCat Puma with the "widebody" option.
Champion is the definitive big water boat and I suspect the Puma is pretty much it's equal. I understand and appreciate your concerns for fishability and hope that, rather than boat racing, is your aim.
The "boy racer" boats are generally not nearly so stable at rest (or in the rougher water) as the "battleships", at least in my experience.
Why not drop over to BassBoatCentral and find the BassCat and Champion forums. Read, ask questions, and make your choice based on fact and customer satisfaction rather than "Buy one of these 'cause I own one and therefore it's the best."
Fish, race, or be stared at for outlandish design or graphics...your choice.
BTW, if Kevin Van Dam sticks with Nitro, well, that says something.
Remember that most, if not darn near all, boating mishaps are due to inexperience, alcohol use, overpowering, or a case of "dumbass", not basic boat design.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 07:55 PM   #27
Jolly
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey thanks FlyRod,

I posted on all four of the boat forums on that site and have had great feedback from all. They just about got me talked back into a blazer... everyone says they are very stable (210 model especially) so that's great. The deck size, storage and speed (fast) is all good so I'm leaning back towards them. The price is right! Anyway, keep em coming and let me know your opinions.

Agian, Thanks FR and everybody,

Jolly
Old 11-15-06, 08:34 PM   #28
pig n jig

Jolly, Don't even git near a Sprint , if you got the bassinboat monkey on your back.It is the nicest boat I have ever had the pleasure to fish out of. My second choice was the bullet bass boat.Of course I anit never fished out of a Gambler yet & consider a Champion, I have fished out of several Champions, they are a great boat as well, but the sprint has my choice if I were able to shop for a bassboat.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 09:51 PM   #29
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

well PNJ,i'll just have to come up there next season and you can fish out of my gambler.i'll let you drive it if you want to.
Old 11-18-06, 01:55 PM   #30
pig n jig

Tom, That sounds great.I don't much care about running no boat, I would rather drop the trolling motor and just go fishing.P N J
Old 11-18-06, 10:25 PM   #31
Jolly

PNJ, please clarify your previous post addressed to me!! ROFLMAO, I do not understand what you are trying to say. Take the tabaccy outa yo mout and help me ot a lil'.

Confused,

Jolly
Old 11-19-06, 05:03 PM   #32
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

jolly sprints are a SWEET bass rig sadly no longer made.. think wide bass cat..

zooker
Old 11-19-06, 05:18 PM   #33
pig n jig

Jolly, What happened ?Lmao.... Sprint boats Jolly, This summer, I got to Deans Cove launch area on Cayuga lake, NY and had to wait to launch, there were 3 boats ahead of me in line, so I helped this guy launch his Sprint bass boat since he didn't have anyone with him to help. he offered to let me fish with him, so I left my tin boat there and went fishing out of the Sprint.To make a long story short, I haven't ever heard of a Sprint brand bass boats, even though it ran like a scalded dog, it was a pretty smooth ride across the chop and once the trolling motor was dropped in, it fished great.It was just a super nice boat to fish out of.I have fished out of alot of different boats, but this one really impressed me.I wouldn't need that kind of speed, our lakes have a 45 mph speedlimit on them which he ignored,I'm not sure how fast it was, but it was pretty fast,shot up on plane faster than anything I have been in, but it fished slow like a champion, or a Ranger does. It didn't drift as fast as I thought it would in the wind, thinking as fast as it got on plane, it had to be a light hull.The detailing of the interior fit was flawless.It was just a super solid bass boat.I fish out of Champions and tritons alot since my friends own them. I would recommend a Champion as well, they ride nice, corner like their on rails and they fish great as well.The Triton starts chine walk at higher speeds, scares the hell out of me, but they are layed out nice to fish out of as well. P N J
Old 11-19-06, 05:32 PM   #34
zooker

i have fish out of 2 differant sprints one a 20 footer with a 200 rude the other a 19.5 with a 175 johnny. both will flat haul the mail at about 68 each gps. for a fast boat they are VERY stable and trailer fairly well. these were built for fisherman by fisherman..

ya get into one of the big tournys round here and the sprint is a popular boat.. during the espn high rock tourny 2 years ago. there was no less than 7 sprint boats. they come in about 3 coolrs as far as i have seen. white with blue blaze, green with black blaze,and a silver flakewith black blaze.. i have never seen a red one..
i would like to get my grubby hands on one of these. there not easy to find up for sale..

zooker
Old 11-19-06, 09:23 PM   #35
Jolly

Still confused - LMAO - when did I say anything about sprints? I am so confused? I appreciate the story and they sound like great boats but, I have no idea when I talked about them!! LMAO - I can't stop gigling, I feel like an idiot but...

HELP,

Jolly
Old 11-19-06, 10:27 PM   #36
pig n jig

Jolly, Ya didn't say nuthin' bout no Sprint boat. You axed us for help on deciding a new boat.That damned Sprint boat was the best boat I have ever fished out of and I have fished out a quite a few boats.I anit ever heard of them before, thought maybe Sprint Boats might be common out in your neck of the woods, but I am guessing not from your response.I was watching a Shawn Connery movie and Zooker called me.How come he knows Sprint Boats and calls me to talk fishin' when you and I ain't ever heard of them ? How come he called me to talk fishing when its snowing outside here in NY? Zooker, that was a lowdown dirty trick.I am thoroughly confused and I started this thing to let you know what I thought would be a good boat.If they are so good, how come no one but Zooker knows about them ? I think I was fishing with the Devil, because I probably would have sold my soul to own that Sprint bass boat. P N J
Old 11-19-06, 11:42 PM   #37
Jolly

LOL, you are freakin nuts.... and I love it!! Thanks for clarifying... I was so confused. If I find one I will let you know.

Thanks again,

Jolly
Old 11-19-06, 11:53 PM   #38
fishin fool
BassFishin.Com Member

Jolly don't know if your concerned about re-sale value but Genmar who owns Ranger, Stratos and others is gettin ready to shaft Stratos owners by makin the Stratos a cheapline boat. I seen a article I just can't remember where but if they do what there planning Stratos re-sale won't be worth a flip plus the new boats won't have the quality either. They also dropped all their pro-staff except for Larry Nixon and Genmar pulled the bonus money for Stratos owners on all the FLW Tour events. Although I own a 2001 Ranger 520 DVX and am very well satisfied with it if I could afford any rig I want I'd go with a BassCat. Excellent quality,ride,storage,and speed. Another boat I've seen and read some about but haven't been in is a Stroker. Their website is www.strokerboats.com check em out. Guy has one up north that has a wrap he's promoting autism awareness, his son has autism. I think they had an article in bassfan magazine. He's got that boat runnin in the 90's if I'm not mistaken and that's plenty fast enuf I don't care who you are.

Last edited by fishin fool; 11-20-06 at 12:02 AM.
fishin fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-06, 02:56 PM   #39
Jolly

Can anyone collaborate on what Fishin fool said?!?!?!? If so, stratos is out. I am a "keep for 2 or 3 years and get a new" one guy.

I have looked at the strokers before, and they are ok... I just don't want to die!! LOL, they are way to fast for me. I'm at the lake to fish in the water not die in it!

Legend Boats... anyone fish outa them, likes, dislikes, etc? I been looking at them and supposedly their craftsmenship is top notch. Fit and Finish is beyond the best. Man they are pretty... look like a cobra to me, I dunno.

Let me know,

Jolly
Old 11-20-06, 03:10 PM   #40
Jolly

Ok, new list and in no particular order...

Blazer 210, Basscat Puma or FTD, Ranger VX or Z, Legend 21-LE or Stratos 201 (unless the rumors are true).

This is the new list, triton is out and legend is in. Same criteria, go to it boys!

Jolly
Old 11-20-06, 06:38 PM   #41
zooker

jolly
correction they made red sprints..

zooker
Old 11-20-06, 06:57 PM   #42
pig n jig

Jolly, That Blazer looks alot like a Charger ?Why can't they tell you how many gallons the livewell holds ? The other thing I don't like is the hinges visable in the rear deck.Let me look at your other options of brands. P n j
Old 11-20-06, 10:26 PM   #43
Jolly

I really hadn't even noticed the hinges on the blazer. You think that will affect how dry they are?

Jolly
Old 11-21-06, 04:09 AM   #44
pig n jig

I would imagine they have a seal around the inside lip, but it looks like hell.You don't want to see that kind of stuff when your spending that kind of money.The Hinge being like that looks like potential problems down the road.They can come loose easier being hinged on the top of the door or get sprung ,or not close right from getting all kinds of dirt and debri and water filtering down and around the hatch area.That hinge is going to be a potential collection point for this kind of stuff since it is different from the rest of the finish on the deck. P N J
Old 11-21-06, 05:37 AM   #45
zooker

exsposed hinges will freeze tight..

zooker
Old 11-21-06, 05:06 PM   #46
bassnman30

New bass boat,
I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 11-21-06, 05:13 PM   #47
bassnman30

Default Disreguard previous message

Disreguard previous message.
Old 11-21-06, 09:46 PM   #48
Jolly

Ahh, cmon zook, I'm in west texas... its cold in the 30's here... rarely see the teens!

Yeah, I hadn't even thought about exposed hinges being a potential problem... that's the kind of stuff I want to hear! Keep em' coming guys...

Jolly
Old 11-21-06, 10:37 PM   #49
Bender

For Lake St. Clair up here the guys favor Bass Cats and Champions. A guy in our club has a Pantera, but I have never fished out of it but he fishes St. Clair all the time. This year I did fish out of a new Stratos and liked it a lot, very stable and quick on the smaller lakes around here, not sure a big water. Also my buddy and many others around here have Gamblers and love them, just look at the front deck space! Hopefully if my new business goes well I will be looking for a new boat next year too. Good luck in the search!
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-06, 11:02 PM   #50
Jolly

"Bite my shiny metal a$$!" I love that show... thanks for the help bender!

~Fry

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.