Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-31-06, 07:26 AM   #1
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default portable thermometer

Jb and myself was wondering about a portable thermometer for taking to ponds any ideas.thanks Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 07:28 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah,
i tried carrying that rectal thermomter, but it didn't work out during the first hookset...rofl
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 11:36 AM   #3
bassguy2004

When fishing from my float tube, and I locate fish on the depth finder, I sometimes drop a thermometer to the depth of the fish and retrieve the bait at a rate conducive to the activity level of the fish.
Old 03-31-06, 05:01 PM   #4
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

A pool thermometer works well. The temp range is 32-90 or so and it floats. The tube fills with water, gives a reading and I think it is pretty accurate. I use a string and tie off it to a clet on the side of my little boat. The price was around seven dollars at walmart.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 08:00 PM   #5
bass kicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i was just going to say a pool thermometer but he all ready mentioned it
Old 03-31-06, 08:23 PM   #6
Denny_K

Default thanks

Thank's for the idea's guys .I'm gonna try to get one.
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 08:47 PM   #7
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass kicker
i was just going to say a pool thermometer but he all ready mentioned it
Then why did you post? (I am in a bad mood, hungover, etc.)

My friend had one that you attached to a downrigger and it had a speed and temp readout in the boat. That was really nice, probably too much $$$. I know it is for me.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 08:58 PM   #8
Marty

I use a so-called "stream thermometer." The one pictured here is from Cabelas and they usually run around $10. They're often found in stores and catalogs in with the fly fishing stuff.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 02:51 AM   #9
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

pool thermometers work just fine and do the job. You can either use them as a floater or take the floatation device off and let it sit on the bottom.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 10:55 PM   #10
pig n jig

Denny, Last I knew, a factory girl in clown makeup was checking JB's temperature and the thermometer wasn't shoved in his mouth. Reminds me of a older story about Zooker.Back when he was in school,the teacher asked the class , Did anything interesting happen to them on the way to school ? Zooker raised his hand and the teacher said to tell the class what happened. Zooker said, well there was a turtle crossing the road and the bus driver squashed his @ss. The teacher spoke up and told Zooker,the correct word to use is rectum. Zooker looked at the teacher and said recked him hell, it killed him dead !!! Sorry Zooker, I ain't picked on you lately. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 11:11 PM   #11
WTL

I'd just get an aquarium thermomet at walmart. While they are glass, they are like $2. They also have a rubber suction cup if you have something to attach it to.
Old 04-01-06, 11:33 PM   #12
Jackl

P & J,
That reminds me of the joke about the nurse that came into the nurses station after making morning rounds in the hospital. Another nurse asked her "Why do you have that rectal thermometer behind your ear?" The nurse replied "Oh Damn, now I know where my ball point pen went!"

JackL
Old 04-02-06, 12:00 AM   #13
pig n jig

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
I'd just get an aquarium thermomet at walmart. While they are glass, they are like $2. They also have a rubber suction cup if you have something to attach it to.
WTL, Are you feeling well ? That has to be the shortest thread you typed yet. JackL, Its good to see you posting.I don't often hear from you much anymore.At first , I thought your wife put you in a old folks home where you only get computer privilages if your behavior has been good, which would explain why you haven't been posting too often lately, but then Rebbasser told me your still emailing off the site, I have got to send you a email, I lost contact about the same time I changed internet services. I thought you hadn't been emailing because you got fed up with my crap, but maybe its the address change . P N J
Old 04-03-06, 05:53 PM   #14
Bass Ackwards

I've been using the SmartCast 45 wrist mount for float tubing , reads surface temp in addition to providing sonar
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 06:26 PM   #15
WTL

PnJ,
I am just so intimidated by your sheer greatness and intellect that I am becoming more and more afraid to chime in with long entries...it seems others are feeling the same pressure associated with competing with with your sublime grace. I have even taken numerous straw polls amongst the regulars here, and the most inhibiting factor in the continued progress of bassfishing.com is that everyone normally sits idly by their computers, waiting for a crumb of knowldege to be thrown to the masses in an ultimate act of benevolence. There are several here who have almost disappeared completly (or have they?!), only because they are awed and silenced by the magnificent Ivan. I believe that if you could contact for instance Jackl, Senior or 02, they would tell you that they simply realized they didn't have what it took in terms of wit to occupy the same internet space as yourself.

Humbly,
WTL
Old 04-03-06, 06:59 PM   #16
pig n jig

WTL, You have spoken like a true politician.Very few words of truth per volumes of exaggerated Bull Sh!t. I think JackL's problem is he raised his children and he is too damned old to waste his precious time babysitting someone elses children for them.I am weeks away from fishing more often, then I will leave someone else the task of being the buffoon. P N J
Old 04-03-06, 07:10 PM   #17
JB

Talking

humble-wtl
So, after years of being human, how do you like it? We humans are full of surprises. We have a wide range of emotions and a wide range of reactions to life events. Sometimes we have no clue why we have said, acted, reacted or behaved a certain way until long after the action took place. And so, we delve into this human experience and continually look for ways to transcend ourselves; our human selves, that is.
I also believe that we must be careful to not place others or ourselves on a pedestal or above being human; otherwise we judge them too harshly. This became clearer in the humbleness of the Dalai Lama when he shared his stories of getting angry with others. It is not fair to place teachers, parents, spiritual facilitators on the proverbial pedestal. When their humanness shows, they fall off that pedestal and that hurts them and anyone they may fall on top of who is standing at the foot of that pedestal. Remember we are all in this together, learning and growing every day in so many ways. Let us all keep our feet firmly planted on Mother Earth together.
Hope that helps
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.