Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-12, 01:07 PM   #15
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Back to the price dimension, I think its great thst some people on here are devout followers of the monkey. It is similarly great that they have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the newest gear. But if you sre learning to baitcast, you dont have to have an expensive reel. Reels have improved a lot in recent years, and I dare say what most of us learned with would cost not too much today. I learned on an antique. The key was not the price of the reel, but having it on the right rod with the correct sized lure.

You could easily learn on a orra, pro max or bps extreme, or about 50 other reels in the 50-75 price range. You could get a combo that is all you need for less than 100.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.