Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-06, 10:11 AM   #1
bigbassdan16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to bigbassdan16 Send a message via Yahoo to bigbassdan16
Default hey guys i need ur opinion

hey im going fishin today and tomorrow supposely know there bitting flukes and bass assassins so why is that i want to know i thought jerkbaits will be working but no there not, not hardly. i wanna know if bass assaassins work then that means worms should work on bottom or what else should work then im like confuse right know. i need ur guys help let me know before 210 ok please guys it will help
bigbassdan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-06, 11:47 AM   #2
Raul
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yes sir Bass Assassins do work, you can fish with them at practically any depth you wish, T rig weightless, split shot or C rig with a long leader to work them off the bottom. The drawback of trying to work them T rig weightless above the bottom is that they sink very slowly and take a long time before they reach the bottom, also when you twitch the bait the assassin rises a couple of feet and you have to wait until they sink again. give the bait a couple of twitches with your rod tip wait a few seconds and twitch it again picking up the slack. When a fish strikes the bait do not set the hook immediately, wait a couple of seconds for the fish to mouth it properly, then set the hook hard.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 06:43 PM   #3
ChuckE
BassFishin.Com Member

One of the things I do a lot of times when finessing bass assassins, flukes, sinking salty shad, etc weightless, is to shake the rod tip sideways rather than twiching it. When you do this, the bait tends to still remain more in free fall (or will even hover) while just the tail and head move sideways. It's very simliar to a shaky head worm presentation, and the bass can't seem to stand it, especially with the very slow fall of the lure. It's a great technique to try during a bad cold front.

Chuck
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-06, 08:34 PM   #4
HulaPopr
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Just use different techniques till you find what works. Sometimes I have to bring the bait as fast as I can across the surface in ordert to get a bite. Other times, dead-sticking is the way to go. Theres no way to be positive about what will work until you try.
HulaPopr is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.