Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 06-14-09, 01:56 PM   #1
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default found a new spot to fish

We took the kids to one of the state parks that is about 5 minutes away from my house this morning . They have a ton of hiking trails and that was pretty much the point of the trip there along with nice picnic lunch . As we started our walk I did my customary walk along the water and the little creek that comes off the main pond and was shocked to see a ton of bass swimming in the creek . And to say the least they were in the 19" plus range and trolling around in about 2 ta 4 feet of crystal clear water to say the least i was happy with what I saw and a little upset that i didn't have a rod with me . so we started our walk and I talked to a few of the guys fishing the place and not a single one of them were after bass they were all fishing trout , long story short i can't wait to get back and fish the place .

Jim
Old 06-14-09, 03:12 PM   #2
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
We took the kids to one of the state parks that is about 5 minutes away from my house this morning . They have a ton of hiking trails and that was pretty much the point of the trip there along with nice picnic lunch . As we started our walk I did my customary walk along the water and the little creek that comes off the main pond and was shocked to see a ton of bass swimming in the creek . And to say the least they were in the 19" plus range and trolling around in about 2 ta 4 feet of crystal clear water to say the least i was happy with what I saw and a little upset that i didn't have a rod with me . so we started our walk and I talked to a few of the guys fishing the place and not a single one of them were after bass they were all fishing trout , long story short i can't wait to get back and fish the place .

Jim
I'm sure you will hit it the first chance you have. Let us know how you did!
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 04:37 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I love finding a new place to fish. And you mean you didn't have your pocket fisherman with you?!! what's wrong with you man?!

BB
Old 06-14-09, 04:56 PM   #4
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I love finding a new place to fish. And you mean you didn't have your pocket fisherman with you?!! what's wrong with you man?!

BB

I don't think i could bring myself to tote one of them man

Jim
Old 06-14-09, 06:11 PM   #5
Bassboss

Wow! That's great! I'd try a shaky head with light line since the waters so clear!

Good luck though!
Old 06-14-09, 07:18 PM   #6
JB

sounds like ya found a more tranquil neighborhood to live in, plus with parks nearby a real bonus. Joe and me took our bikes through our park today with miles of trails, it was fun.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 07:53 PM   #7
bamabassman

alright jim! sounds like we are gonna see some great pics in the near future. can't wait to see them bub.
Old 06-14-09, 08:17 PM   #8
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
sounds like ya found a more tranquil neighborhood to live in, plus with parks nearby a real bonus. Joe and me took our bikes through our park today with miles of trails, it was fun.
Yeah I'm hoping so the main place i have fished at for the last few years was a 5 minute drive from my old house now it's a 25 minute drive , and the state park is nice but it's $7 to get in every time you go but I did some looking and found a parking lot that you can walk to the backside of the lake from if i am feeling cheap . And going there and walking the trails has really got me thinking about dusting off the mountain bike and getting back into trail riding again .

Jim
Old 06-15-09, 12:23 AM   #9
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

If it has rangers on it. 7 bucks will feel like a million compared to the ticket. Our state lakes have gone out of their mind too though. $7 to launch and $5 a head in the boat. And the fishing ain't all that great either.
Old 06-15-09, 06:48 PM   #10
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
If it has rangers on it. 7 bucks will feel like a million compared to the ticket. Our state lakes have gone out of their mind too though. $7 to launch and $5 a head in the boat. And the fishing ain't all that great either.
This is a walk in only no boats unfortunately and the way to walk in down the back side of the park is legit but if you pay at the entrance it puts you closer to where the picnic areas and places i would want to fish are . I think we are gonna head there on fathers day and make a day out of it with the kids hiking fishing and a cook out sounds good to me .

Jim

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.