Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-22-07, 08:44 PM   #1
BPACA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Haha fixing up those rod tips....

Man I should have thought of this sooner....okay I had a bps bionic blade....tip broken off of a 7 foot mh....so I get a great idea of how to fix this baby up....I take a bobbin for tying up some handmade jigs and I use it to put the guides on with epoxy...just wrapin the guide on with the line...then poxin it. I put some on the inside of the guide as well...I think it is gonna work...I did up a extreme rod the other day that way and a mitchell fulcrum rod from back in the day. I hope it works out but it seems like it will because they are on there pretty good...I guess it's gonna have to take a couple of 5 pounders to see if it will keep em on.....

That 7 foot bionic blade is now about 6 foot 7 or something and it's gonna be my jig/ carolina rig rod some summertime...flipping stick also....it is one stiff rod.....I've got a new action to say the least..

What are some of the ways you know of to fix the tips? I've tried the stuff they sell at BPS for replacing them but that crap comes loose in a few weeks....
BPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 02:45 PM   #2
Jackl
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

BPACA,
Go to Wally-World and buy a stick of hot melt glue. Heat up the end with a match or lighter (I prefer a butane lighter, it is cleaner) and scoop some of the melted glue into the rod tip sleeve. Slide the tip over the rod and straighten it to match the other guides. Hold it in place for a few seconds and then let it cool. It will work great and will not come off if done right. If you ever have to replace the tip, just heat slightly with a lighter and pull it off.

JackL
Old 01-23-07, 09:45 PM   #3
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackl View Post
BPACA,
Go to Wally-World and buy a stick of hot melt glue. Heat up the end with a match or lighter (I prefer a butane lighter, it is cleaner) and scoop some of the melted glue into the rod tip sleeve. Slide the tip over the rod and straighten it to match the other guides. Hold it in place for a few seconds and then let it cool. It will work great and will not come off if done right. If you ever have to replace the tip, just heat slightly with a lighter and pull it off.

JackL

JackL good to see you here. He posted this a couple of years ago when I was a newbie on this board. I did it on an All Star rod that the tip came off of and haven't had a problem since.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.