Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 03-18-11, 10:46 PM   #1
mcneilkid
BassFishin.Com Member

Default lake o' cherokee

Does any one have any reports on about grande lake in northeast oklahoma. I have not got a chance to get there and fish it this year. let me know!
mcneilkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-11, 10:17 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey man where are you from? I am from Carthage and fish Grand a ton. In fact I fished it today. We caught all of our fish on jerkbaits on secondary points in the wind that had spawning areas behind them. The water is still in the low to mid 50's and depending on the area it is anywhere from clear to chocolate, lightly stained water was best for us but you will have to jump around quite a bit to find it because in a mile stretch it might chance colors on you 10 times lol.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 10:06 PM   #3
mcneilkid
BassFishin.Com Member

I live south of joplin. My uncle and I fish up spring river and neosho river. We ussualy dont catch alot of bass up those rivers. I still like to fish grande alot. It is an awsome fishery. Is the fishing any better on the main lake than up the river?
mcneilkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 01:49 AM   #4
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I haven't been up the river at all. I know a buddy of mine and his dad caught them pretty good up Elk River last Friday and my dad and cousin caught them pretty good up Elk River on Sunday. But I haven't talked to anyone who has been up towards Twin Bridges.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.