Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-13-13, 11:38 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Global warming my arse

Couldn't choose one so you lucky anglers get them ALL.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_ht...-scam-roundup/

And now for the boring facts.
http://www.climatecooling.org/#Fact

And my conclusion.

What Actions Should We Not Take to Respond to Climate Change?

We must respond prudently to the threats from climate change. We live in a global economy, much of it with lower production costs than our own in the developed world. Whether we live in the USA, Japan, Australia, New Zealand or the EU, we know our job losses are draining our countries, making it more difficult to support our retirement programs, health benefits, and even our national defense. We must be careful to not further increase the costs of our products and services. So we --
  • Should not commit to actions that put us at a disadvantage, whether it is the Kyoto protocol or some other vehicle Increase our taxes on fuels (e.g., a carbon tax) that are inputs to production and services. If a taxing regime is implemented it must separate production uses from consumption.
  • Should not forget that the most valuable things we have are our health, our lives, and our family, and place them at risk by driving, or riding in, vehicles that put them at risk in order to save energy or other costs. If there are larger vehicles where you drive, don't get priorities confused.
  • Should not stop breathing even though it would be one of the most immediate steps to slow CO2 emissions.
  • Should not do things without thinking. There are many ideas that may not have merit. For example, buying local vegetables to reduce transportation costs may actually increase energy use if the far off producer is a more efficient, and this is likely, if its costs are lower even after getting its goods to the local market. Another example is in using biofuels that have a high fossil energy input in fertilizer or machinery, or planting trees to reduce CO2, but finding out they also absorb solar radiation more than what they replace.
This Spring Global Cooling is MY concern.

Last Spring Global Warming was MY concern.

Then I realized...NONE OF IT REALLY CONCERNS ME!

I just want to be FISHING!
Old 04-13-13, 02:47 PM   #2
joedog

Talking OK, I think I may have come up with a solution

Now if all you southern anglers spend between Thanksgiving and Christmas up north.
And the northern anglers go south for the same period.

Come the first of the the year, my southern freinds will have warmed the northern states and my northern freinds will have cooled the southern states.

And life can go on without a worry about the climate.

Why do I have a hunch this idea may run into some resistance?

Oh, there is a predicted high of 38 degrees today and other than maybe tommorrow, highest temp next week...39.

Last edited by joedog; 04-13-13 at 03:01 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 12:02 AM   #3
bassinbob

Maybe here tomorrow joe. If the wind isn't blowing to much. As far as the global warming goes--BS.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.