Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-07-05, 02:41 AM   #26
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Yall are right but I just miss him so much. He was the world to me. I just cant help to remember him when I am fishing......................... But he is in a better place now and thats what counts I guess.............. But if I had the chance I would give up fishing and hunting and evry thing I have just to spend one more day with him............This is what sad old country music will do to ya.......

Last edited by Dyas; 08-07-05 at 02:49 AM. Reason: needs more info
Dyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 03:09 AM   #27
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I don't think there will ever be a time that I don't want to go fishing with my dad. He's still alive, but theres just something about having dad there with me that makes it that much better. He's definitely my best friend, always has been, and him and I do lots of things together and probably always will as long as he's living. It makes me sad to see kids want to get away from their parents, and most kids don't even realize what a treasure it is to have parents around. No one in my family fishes like I do, but he will always go with me whenever he doesn't have to work or something else...and that to me is the beauty of it all. Man, makes me wanna go fishing with him right now.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 03:20 AM   #28
Dyas

I love my father very much and I dread the day he passes which I hope aint for another 50 or 60 years. I now realize what a blessing it is to have a father as wonderfull as mine and one that would do anything for me. Not many people can say that.
Old 08-07-05, 03:46 AM   #29
Dyas

Heres a pic of my pawpaw and what was probably the last deer he shot. I think it was the last season he ever hunted.............. Not a bad deer either.........
Old 08-07-05, 05:39 PM   #30
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

ya, you all need to spend time with your parents....think of kids who dont have a dad to take them fishing, to go hunting with, to share good times with.......if you have a dad that does that stuff with you.......and just spends time with you, i consider you a very lucky person.............man this thread just turned really depressing.......
Old 08-07-05, 07:01 PM   #31
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

I fish to relax and not have to worry about anything else and when i do hook one, it is so exciting. I started fishing with my husband.
Sandra

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-05, 07:13 PM   #32
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i fish because i can. pitting ones ablity against a critter is just some thing i have done since childhood.always hunted and fish to some degree. i like seeing the moods of the lake. for some reason this calms me. i perfur dead calm water but having been in the same lake throwing 8-10 foot waves. seems to me that i am more relaxed the rougher it gets-go figure-the rush of a big fish is just a plus..

zooker
Old 08-07-05, 09:41 PM   #33
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
for some reason this calms me. i perfur dead calm water but having been in the same lake throwing 8-10 foot waves. seems to me that i am more relaxed the rougher it gets-go figure-the rush of a big fish is just a plus..

zooker
I'm guessing because it forces you to focus more on what going on at the time. When the bite is slow, and calm waters, I find my mind thinking of everything(not what I want to do), but when we are catching fish or theres wind/storms/waves I keep focused on the fishing. I was started by my father and uncles, then I went on from there. I can honestly say that to my knowledge there's only one other family member that I know of who loves it as much as I do. My uncle, who one noght went out for a loaf of bread, and came home 4 hours later with a stringer of fish. I don't do it for food or money(the money would be nice though). I do it because it's what I love. It's truly the one thing I think about every single day, barr none. I love the clam, the peace of mind, the challenge, the excitement. I mean how many different emotions are there anyway, cause I have them all fishing from time to time. But it not about your daily life, that you have all the stress, and anxiety over. Like did I make enough money, did I do the right thing for my family, did I choose the right accountant etc...............etc................etc.......... .....etc....................etc..............
You get the idea. I sure hope that when I do die, I'm fishing So I guess I better spend as much time at it as I can HUH.

Lizards

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.