Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-30-06, 07:30 PM   #26
Bass Ackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Where can I turn in my old model for the new one?
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-06, 07:40 PM   #27
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman
Someone else posted a contraption using a saltwater/beach weight. It had several brass/copper tines sticking out of the top. One was bent into a loop and attached w/ a clasp. Looked pretty functional. Ill admit I use the BPS version. Not perfect, not good for getting through heavy grass or if theres a lot of branches in the way. But for the most part it's already paid for itself in retreiving spinnerbaits and ratltraps.
That was me, fl-I've found the weights like Zooker uses are easiest to use, but I have the surf sinker rig as a backup.
Old 01-31-06, 12:30 PM   #28
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn
Thumbs up

Guys,
They have on the market a metal band; it may be made of titanium. To use this system, the angler replaces the split rings on the lure, with these bands. The trebles are attached to these bands. When the lure gets stuck, you pull your line and the bands open up releasing the hook. The lure is returned to you minus the treble. Some times the band comes back with the lure, and you can reuse it.
You need to get the correct size for the line you are fishing. If for example you are using 10lb. mono you would get bands that release with 8 pounds of pressure. They make different size bands for different pound lines.
I used these years ago, may even have some still floating around. I was going to order some more a week or so ago but lost the website. I am still looking for the site, have checked Cab and bps as well as others just can’t find the site.
If I locate it I will post it
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 03:54 PM   #29
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

im sure youre thinking of the ultimate luresaver. there is a link on jimmyhouston.com. i dont really want to use those because theyd likely release when fighting a bass. plus, trebles could ammount to alot too. these things would be a last resort, because you may as well get the whole lure back with the treble
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 04:06 PM   #30
JB

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 04:07 PM   #31
JB

Old 01-31-06, 04:14 PM   #32
crankybait

that would be it
Old 01-31-06, 04:27 PM   #33
scrap

Default lure in tree

i confess also, i am lost lure oholic. one time i swam out into a dam to get a floating lure, persuaded my brother to climb a tree to get a cheap lure, and went diving to the bottom of a river to get another lure. have even went back to an area in hopes of find the lure when the water went down. never do. i time i was snagged on a branch in the water as i was drifting down stream. i had no idea how deep the water was, i threw the pole overboard thinking i could retrieve it. i made one effort to find it, then it went to someone else when the water went down. talk about dumb and dumber, that be me. aint quitting though.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 04:34 PM   #34
HuckFinn

Send a message via AIM to HuckFinn

thems the critters, although the ones I used years were made by a different company.
Thanks for the info, I will be ordering some this week.
crank I have never lost a fish because of these. I replace the hooks on a lot of my lures. Trebels to singles, brown to red, etc. so if I lose a trebel, but saved the lure it is no big deal. Trebels go for a buck or so for 5 or 6.
HuckFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 04:49 PM   #35
JB

I've seen the lure retreiving bug hit my previous fishing partner (Tony). IT got so bad for him, his theory was that when he'd find a good looking bait , he'd retreive it and put new hooks on it for later use. On our last day at Ky lake one year after having great success the week prior, I took him to a spot that me and another guy had taken several 6 and 7 pound fish out of.
We snuck up to this area of buck brush, flipping black/blue jigs with pork.
Tony sees some crap wigglewort stuck way back in the brush and decides to make his trolling motor grind its way through the brush till we got to his stupidasz lure, of course spooking any prespawn bass that were in the area...he more or less killed a great spot for that day, plus we had to load up and hit the road a few hours later, so it wasn't really a option to go back and hit it again after making all that noise.
Old 01-31-06, 05:07 PM   #36
crankybait

haha... anyone know where i can get those luresaver things? shipping is a big pain

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.