Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 04-27-14, 08:34 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default Dammit, Joe! ; )

I took your advice on the silicone spray.

Spooled my wacky worm rod with 8# Trilene XL Smooth Casting. Now...this is already a serious castable line....

Hit it with a couple shots of silicone and day 1 on Dale Hollow, I threw an unweighted worm 15' up into a tree!
Old 04-27-14, 09:30 PM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey bass can be found in trees quite regularly the critical thing to remember . . . SUBMERGED trees. Did you use a plain silicone lubricant or a specialized fishing silicone spray? I ask because my wife bought 4 cans of silicone spray for a job that required a half can. I have a lifetime supply left over and no real use for it. I'm going to try some on the Mirage Drive of my kayaks, that may be useful.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-14, 10:44 AM   #3
joedog

I have a tendency to over explain things so this time I didn't.
So to explain further.....

Holy moly, bass fish can do what?

Posted on May 9, 2011 by southernbassfishing7

I was out fishing this gorgeous weekend on Lake Hickory and the craziest thing happened. I was making my way towards my normal honey hole around 6am on Saturday morning, when I heard a rustling in the trees around the shore. I looked up and saw this squirrel jumping from limb to limb and after a few minutes, the poor fella fell right in the lake.

My laughter was almost immediately interrupted by a loud splashing sound right around the rodent. To my pure astonishment, that squirrel was being taken under by a largemouth bass. That bass had to weigh at least 20 pounds (without the squirrel inside). After the initial shock wore off, I slowly applied the gas in my used bass boat and made my way over to where the abduction had occurred. I sat there in silence to see if he ever surfaced by he didn’t. So, I grabbed my reel and rod and tried to catch one hell of a bass! I probably spent two hours in that one spot, but there was no sign of the beast.

I’ve been bass fishing since I was a kid, and I’ve never seen anything like that. I’ve heard what I thought were tall-tales of this sort, but I never thought it could happen. Holy moly, bass fish can eat squirrels. What else do they eat?
Posted in Fishing, Life, My LIfe, Sports | Tagged Bass Fish, Bass Fishing, Bass fishing North

Now for the rest of the story.....
'your suppose to take a large Daredevil spoon with the trebles removed.
You cast high up the tree at the squirrel hoping to knock him off (this is where the silicone shines) and follow up with a Hollow Bodied Mouse.
(preferably pink..). You target the biggest bass in the 'SCHOOL' because that's usually the guy (fish) who has repeated the schooling most often making him larger than the rest of the class! And HOPEFULLY DUMBER If size isn't your target try a smaller squirrel. https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...t_pc_my_portal
So Mike keep working on your presentation. Sounds like you got a good start and being 'NUTS' to begin with....this should be a natural for you.

Hickory....Hollow....a names a name and I may have got the two confused?

GLAD EVERYONE HAD A SAFE FUN TIME!

Bruce I was told by the Hobie Pros to NEVER lube the Mirage system because it was designed to be maintenance free.
Adding lube may help it to collect small minerals and dirt making things worse not better.

Last edited by joedog; 04-28-14 at 11:05 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 11:26 AM   #4
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Hey bass can be found in trees quite regularly the critical thing to remember . . . SUBMERGED trees. Did you use a plain silicone lubricant or a specialized fishing silicone spray? I ask because my wife bought 4 cans of silicone spray for a job that required a half can. I have a lifetime supply left over and no real use for it. I'm going to try some on the Mirage Drive of my kayaks, that may be useful.
Just a plain ol silicone lubricant spray, bought from the automotive aisle at menards
Old 04-29-14, 11:57 AM   #5
bassboogieman

Thanks, now I have a lifetime ++ supply courtesy of my wife, whose motto is "never buy just one when you have your husband's credit card in hand".
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 11:59 AM   #6
MallenManson

LMAO!
Sometimes the dogs get thrown more than one bone!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.