Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-28-13, 10:51 PM   #51
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I BE THINKING-MAYBE-I DON"T KNOW-MAYBE
Old 01-28-13, 11:41 PM   #52
Jrob78

Just an update, as of right now these people have confirmed their participation.

Gbassman
kennethdaysale - Paid
bamabassman
Crankbait
Woody
nobass - Paid
IowaBasser
Bubba_Bruiser - Paid
Joedog - Paid

Keithdog
Bassboss
nofearengineer - Paid
lilmule
Pam Sale
bluebasser86
Carolina-rig-01

For those who want in, send me a PM with "2013 Contest" as the subject and your state of residence in the body. I will send you payment details in my reply. Please copy co-judge, 1/4stick on the PM.

The pot just got a little sweeter!! Bluebasser86 has offered up a dozen hand tied, custom jigs or chatterbaits to the 2nd or 3rd place contestant!! We will have to see how everything falls into place and how many contestants we end up having. We will sort all that out before the contest starts.

So as it stands right now, 1st place will get a Nelson Custom Rod built to their exact specifications, 2nd place will get a DTC Custom Rod built to their exact specifications (if we have enough participants) and third place will get a dozen hand tied, custom jigs or bladed jigs, built by bluebasser!!!

Big thanks to bluebasser86!!!!

We still have open spots, c'mon guys, lets make this thing huge!!

Last edited by Jrob78; 01-29-13 at 10:33 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 11:45 PM   #53
Jrob78

I can't take it anymore. Does anyone have any issue with me participating in the contest? I realize there is a conflict of interest with me being a judge. If anyone has a problem with me joining in, please speak up and I won't, I there will be no hard feelings from me.
Old 01-29-13, 12:12 AM   #54
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Joe, I think it's more of an "appearance of impropriety" thing rather than an actual problem. Heck, if you want to participate that bad, we could always appoint someone else as a judge.
Old 01-29-13, 12:25 AM   #55
joedog

I am fine with it.

Frankly I was under the impression this was a 3 judge panel already.
Joe, Stick, Ken.

Judge panels have to have a 3rd person tie breaker if two disagree.
So if Kens not a judge, I think we need another (3rd) judge already.

If Ken is a judge, then we got Stick the tie breaker and non-competing judge. No fears of impropriety.

So Joe joining us to play actually makes good sense to me.

So my vote, like anyone cares, is;

Joe come out and play!
Old 01-29-13, 07:38 AM   #56
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Joe, I think it's more of an "appearance of impropriety" thing rather than an actual problem. Heck, if you want to participate that bad, we could always appoint someone else as a judge.
Personally I am problemless with Joe playing, however as Bryce has so astutely pointed out and however unfair it might be..... "perception is reality". The best way to handle this I think would be to ask one of the regulars that have no intention of playing (insert pic of me scratching my head here)) to step up and judge. Maybe Bruce or Kory or Anthony or Billy or..........somebody.

@joedog ...I never had any intentions or desire to judge, I'm not sure how to characterize my role in this whole thing, organizer? promoter?

The good news is we've got lots of time to figure it out.
The bad news I think is that some guys that are on the fence may fall the wrong way if we don't decide rightly and soon!
Old 01-29-13, 07:38 AM   #57
nobass

ok by me everyone has to post picture of weight and size go for it
Old 01-29-13, 08:28 AM   #58
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I really don't see a conflict. Its like having a football pool, someone has to manage it. And the manager probably has a square. The pics and the evidence don't lie. Not everything has to be overly analysed, I see him basically as a hub for holding money.
Old 01-29-13, 08:29 AM   #59
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I can't take it anymore. Does anyone have any issue with me participating in the contest? I realize there is a conflict of interest with me being a judge. If anyone has a problem with me joining in, please speak up and I won't, I there will be no hard feelings from me.
Fine by me. You have to post the photos the same way as the rest of us, so what's the diff?
Old 01-29-13, 02:09 PM   #60
Jrob78

No worries, guys. That's why I asked. I am more than happy keeping my post as treasurer/judge and sitting the contest out. I was temporarily blinded by the prizes

It would probably take a 12 or 13 lb fish to win anyway. Conversation over, I am good with not participating.
Old 01-29-13, 09:10 PM   #61
bamabassman

joe....ENTER THE CONTEST MAN!!!! IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM....IT'S THEIR PROBLEM.

i sent ol hoseholder a message on facebook telling him aobut this, hopefully he'll join up too. gonna ask ol jb and denny too. maybe they'll come back too. i miss them 2 nuts,lol.

now i am going to REALLY TRY to catch me a 10 plus pounder...not jsut to win the rod and the bragging rights....but also....BECASUE I WANT A 10 POUNDER !!!!! anthony...remember the one i lost all those years ago on guntersville? well guess who i am going after. it ought to weigh 12 or more by now, hahahaha!! that is IF it's till there.

this "bass" i am referring to folks was caught by me TWICE in 2 DAYS. only to break off my mono line when it dove intot he "gator-vines" as i call it. near B.B. COMER launch. i caught the first time the day before the FIRST "get-together" as we called it then. then i took anthony and his dad jeff with me since they didn't bring their boat that first year. well i hooked "her" again...and i swear it still had the LIZZARD on the other side of it's mouth the 2nd time i hooked it. it rolled over like a gator...and KEPT ROLLING...anthony saw it. it was BIG....not to be brought in of course be me.....broke me off AGAIN!!! that was the day anthony introduced me to braided line. been using it every since. won't fish the vines EVER AGAIN without it. lol!!!

now joe...you BETTER ENTER NOW MAN. don't leave me out here in the cold by myself, hahahahaha!
Old 01-29-13, 10:01 PM   #62
Jrob78

I know of 3 more people, couting Bubba's boys as 1 person, that have told me they were going to enter. That will bring us up to 18 total. I'm sure we will have more join up as it gets closer, we still have another month.
Old 01-29-13, 11:36 PM   #63
keithdog

I really think you should enter the contest Joe. In this kind of contest, being a judge doesn't give you any advantages. I'd like to see you join up in the fun. You just might get the 13 pound bass!
Old 01-30-13, 12:28 AM   #64
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I'd join, but to get even remotely close to 50% of the CA state record I'd have to catch an 11+ lb LMB.

That's swimbait fishing right there and I don't have the gear for that or the funds to invest in it.

However, Joe did state our that we need to provide our state of residence. I am a resident of KS, but live in (non-resident) CA. So can I fish CA and use the KS state record? LOL, kidding guys...good luck to all!

EDIT: 10.11lbs to get even 50%...I'll watch with Joe!

Last edited by USMCbassman; 01-30-13 at 12:35 AM.
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 01:11 AM   #65
Jrob78

Just an update, as of right now these people have confirmed their participation.

Gbassman
kennethdaysale - Paid
bamabassman
Crankbait
Woody
nobass - Paid
IowaBasser
Bubba_Bruiser - Paid
Joedog - Paid

Keithdog
Bassboss
nofearengineer - Paid
lilmule
Pam Sale
bluebasser86
Carolina-rig-01
Rebbasser
MississippiBoy
Bcklash

For those who want in, send me a PM with "2013 Contest" as the subject and your state of residence in the body. I will send you payment details in my reply. Please copy co-judge, 1/4stick on the PM.

Last edited by Jrob78; 01-30-13 at 04:56 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-13, 05:27 AM   #66
kennethdaysale

Quote:
I know of 3 more people, couting Bubba's boys as 1 person, that have told me they were going to enter. That will bring us up to 18 total. I'm sure we will have more join up as it gets closer, we still have another month.
I never had any doubt that we'd hit 20, now I'm thinking 25+ which would allow us to payout 3 places without scrimping. Taking a little pre-season inventory last night and with more focus on hawg hunting than most years I realize I'm woefully lacking in some stuff. The monkey works in mysterious ways.
Just for clarity I don't and didn't personally have a problem with you playing at all, in fact I'd like it. Just saying I understood the point Bryce was making.
Yall ever wear a ballcap all day and then when you take it off it feels like you're still wearing it?
Old 01-30-13, 09:08 AM   #67
IowaBasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Are we restricted to our own state, or if we are fishing out-of state do we just use that state's record? ...and if we are out-of state, how do we prove that 7 pound largmouth was caught in a state with a 10 pound record and not a state with a 16 pound record?

I believe everyone entering our tournament is on the up-an-up, so I really don't see it being a problem. One posibility would be a simple post here that you are planning on fishing out of state BEFORE you catch that fish.
Old 01-30-13, 10:58 AM   #68
MississippiBoy

Ok, ok....I'm in. PM incoming shortly, Cuz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaBasser View Post
Are we restricted to our own state, or if we are fishing out-of state do we just use that state's record? ...and if we are out-of state, how do we prove that 7 pound largmouth was caught in a state with a 10 pound record and not a state with a 16 pound record?

I believe everyone entering our tournament is on the up-an-up, so I really don't see it being a problem. One posibility would be a simple post here that you are planning on fishing out of state BEFORE you catch that fish.
Yes, whatever state you caught the fish in is the "state of record," or however you want to say it. I'll let one of the judges decide on how best to prove where a fish was caught. I think the honor system would work, but an advance notice wouldn't be a bad idea.
That raises the question about border waters.....for instance, Pickwick Lake borders Mississippi, Alabama, and Tennessee. If I went there, which record would I measure against? Whichever is highest, lowest, or which state I was technically in when I caught the fish?
I think we're making this too complicated, honestly.....
Old 01-30-13, 11:16 AM   #69
Jrob78

My thought was that some notice would have to be given before the trip out of state. Just a simple post saying, "hey, I will be fishing in Florida this weekend." This contest is largely based on the honor system so we have to assume everyone will do the right thing.
Old 01-30-13, 11:23 AM   #70
nofearengineer

None of this matters...I have a 12-lb Largemouth I've been growing in my spare bathtub for the past couple of years....
Old 01-30-13, 03:37 PM   #71
aikenyounggun

I'm on the fence y'all. I don't have much time to fish this semester, will be out of the country for a month, and will fish in SC (16 lb 2oz) and Texas for a week (some huge number).

Such great prizes though. I'll figure it out and if needed, will judge (like said before though, busy this semester, out of country for month).
Old 01-30-13, 04:57 PM   #72
Jrob78

Quote:

Gbassman
kennethdaysale - Paid
bamabassman
Crankbait
Woody
nobass - Paid
IowaBasser
Bubba_Bruiser - Paid
Joedog - Paid
Keithdog
Bassboss
nofearengineer - Paid
lilmule
Pam Sale
bluebasser86
Carolina-rig-01
Rebbasser
MississippiBoy
Bcklash

We are one shy of 20!
Old 01-30-13, 05:25 PM   #73
kennethdaysale

Quote:
We are one shy of 20!
What about Bubba's younguns? I KNEW lash was gonna play and if Mike don't I'll be fabergasted

And if my homie from Aiken don't fall in I'll be
Old 01-30-13, 05:28 PM   #74
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
What about Bubba's younguns? I KNEW lash was gonna play and if Mike don't I'll be fabergasted
Bubba hasn't officially entered his boys yet. I'm still waiting on Waffle to official enter as well. I'm also still debating on entering myself
Old 01-30-13, 05:39 PM   #75
MississippiBoy

Quote:
I'm also still debating on entering myself
Do it! Do it! Do it! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!! DOITDOITDOITDOITDOITDOIT!!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.