Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 09-07-08, 06:21 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default ifin the shoe fits.."warning rant in progress"

of all the stupid things i have seen done on the lakes this year from pleasure boaters.. the stupidity that i seen this morning on tuckertown was without a dout one of the top five. problem is this the act of stupid recklessness came from an tourny angler...this person pocessing the IQ of a walnut was in an 18 or 19 foot red and metalic silver ranger commanche. he ran and blew thru under the cabin creek bridge running wide open his rooster tail actually hit the under side the bridge....continuing up stream several hundred yards out of my sight. narrowly missing a club tounry angler in a black and white triton...

those of you that fish cabin creek know just how tight it is to get under the bridge at a crawl let alone barreling along on plane..with my casting seat all the way down i missed by 6" going under the bridge with the troller.

now i have been a tournament angler for 20 years so i fully understand the need to get there fast, fish hard, and try to win.. but there IS a fine line between going hard at it and being completely reckless. a line this angler crossed..
i am guessing he came out of the hwy 49 launch...
zooker
Old 09-07-08, 06:34 PM   #2
bamabassman

true zooker, if you know him, report him my friend. had the same thing happen here last week. there wuz this "pro fisherman", ran his boat wide a$$ open under bb comer bridge. has this boat and truck all decked out with his sponsers and all right? well after we were loading up i wuz asked how my trip wuz... i said " it would've been better if i didn't have to glue my a$$ to the seat everytime he blew by me." he said;"WHAT?!? when did i do that?". i told him when and he said that he didn't see anyone there, and i said if he'd have done things by the law he would have, and the next time it happened to me he was gonna get more than the law offa his a$$. i was ready to grab the ol shotgun and show him his boat ain't sinkproof. still waiting for him to show up again, he ain't come back in 2 weeks.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 06:36 PM   #3
bamabassman

i guess i typed when it happened wrong. it was more than 1 week ago this happened. i get sooo mad when i think about it, i can't type right. it was last month, end of last month. drives a yeller truck with all pro rods or something on it. i'll see him again.
Old 09-07-08, 07:39 PM   #4
zooker

bama
the place i am refuring to is a casting distance wide creek. i can and have stood on the bank and cast into the trees on the other side.. not to mention the creek is slap full of big old stumps..

zooker
Old 09-07-08, 07:40 PM   #5
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

And to think that some folks think that all the a**holes are water skiing or driving jet skis!!

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 10:03 PM   #6
bamabassman

GEESH ZOOKER!!! that close? dayum man. at least the guy that passed me was at least 30 feet away. you'll catch him one day buddy. he will have trouble out there and you'll be the the one to tell him where he can go.
Old 09-08-08, 07:32 AM   #7
zooker

nah i'll just wave as i drive by..

zooker
Old 09-08-08, 11:01 AM   #8
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Ignorance is not only for pleaure boaters. I have seen all type boaters pull some really stupid tricks. In that case excitment over came caution. Good point Zook. fish2win
Old 09-08-08, 06:10 PM   #9
bcklash

Zook, we have a low bridge here on Claytor Lake in Va. on Thur and Fri. tourneys boats will blow under the bridge like their A$$ is on fire and forget about that little white light that is required by law. Some have done it more than once and I don't feel sorry for them and the game warden doesn't either.
Old 09-08-08, 09:43 PM   #10
WTL

Yall know how big the boats I fish from are. Well, I had one of the big pleasure yachts once pass me - 5 feet away - at full go. Had I capsized in time I could have almost jumped and landed on their deck.

People can be really stupid.
Old 09-16-08, 10:31 PM   #11
flbassman

My buddy and me fish the intercoastal in a 15 foot flats boat. If I had a buck for every time some moron in a 50 foot pleasure yacht passed us within 20 yards doin 30 miles an hour, I'd have enough to get into their country clubs and beat some tail

Some of the idiots even smile and wave as we're ridin out the wake and cussin 'em.......
Old 09-17-08, 12:04 PM   #12
damian2b
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Sometimes I really wonder what happens to people when they get on a boat to take a spin. I actually had an issue this weekend as well with several pleasure boaters. I was rockfishing in the Chesapeake bay on a friends 23 footer and we had several close calls.....we were not even moving! We were live lining spot out the back of the boat and people in the cruisers would roll on past us by 30 or 40 feet at all different speeds (from sail boats to cabin cruisers). Its not like we were in a channel or anything...we were probably 5 miles from the bay bridge or so....its a huge body of water share it but dont run me over in the process!!!
Old 09-17-08, 06:06 PM   #13
zooker

well i spoke with one of the guys that put on wild cats told him what day and type of boat/moter the above mentioned idiot had..

i was told he was protested-in wrighting- by 5 other wild cat tourny anglers that day..his weight was thrown out. the third time this has happened this year and he is no longer allowed to fish in that company's wildcats..

zooker
Old 09-17-08, 09:13 PM   #14
WTL

Ha! Ha!
Old 09-17-08, 10:09 PM   #15
bamabassman

great news zooker. maybe he'll learn.......
and i like that wtl, wonderful thought, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 09-18-08, 08:30 PM   #16
keithdog

It's too bad the DA didn't slam into one of those big ole stumps you said were in that creek.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 02:54 PM   #17
zooker

there is some massive ones in there too..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.