Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-24-05, 08:15 PM   #1
basscatcher
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default buddy's wife hates fishin

first of all this is a great site ya'll have here, I just came across it and ya'll sound like you can help me out with a problem. my best fishin' buddy's wife will not let him out of the house. we have to sneak away just to get some fishin' done. is there anyone who has some advice on how to get her to lighten up on him?
Old 04-24-05, 09:00 PM   #2
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Re: buddy's wife hates fishin

I just about have the same problem. She tried to tell me when I could go and when I couldn't go. I finally told her that she is my wife, not my mother. When I gave her that attitude she lightened up.

I do meet her in the middle though. I space out my trips and always make sure that she hasn't planned anything for us to do before I go. This is an issue that they have to work out. Sounds to me like there is a communication problem.
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-05, 09:05 PM   #3
basscatcher

yeah- every time we go it creates a big arguement with them. it's ok for her to do what she wants. it's the same thing when hunting season rolls around. ???
Old 04-24-05, 09:13 PM   #4
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

2 words "divorce papers"

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-05, 09:18 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

knew you were gunna say something along those lines zook ;D
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-05, 09:23 PM   #6
basscatcher

zook- you are a smart man. do you need a fishing partner??
Old 04-24-05, 10:12 PM   #7
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

my wife always wanted me to go cus i came back in better mood but after years on the water it just about led to divorce, I had to cut way back so she would quit freakin out, now i just try to go about 6 days a week lol[img] http://www.absolutelycharleston.com/cartoon.gif [/img]
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-05, 10:15 PM   #8
basscatcher

i hear ya. my wife and i can't figure it out either. we like to have some time to ourselves so we don't mind when the other goes off. I'm in the navy and spend a lot of time at sea and i still get more fishin done. go figure
Old 04-24-05, 11:24 PM   #9
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

WHUPPIN,

Â* Â* Â*#1, SEX is the answer. When he wants to go fishin' he should not even mention fishin". He should try to get her in the sack. No matter what she is doing, whether she is cooking dinner, doing the dishes, doing laundry, watchin g TV, he should just keep after her. She will get so tired of this she will tell him to get the hell out of the house.

Â* Â* #2, He should go to the bars and get totally splashed and come home that way. When she starts in on him, he should say "Well dammit, You did not want me going fishing, so I went to a bar!"

Â* Â* #3, He should go fishing anyhow. If she starts in on him when he comes home, he should go to a bar and get sloshed and then go home. If she starts in on him again, he should go back to the bar!

Â* Â* #4, He should tell her he is going fishing. If she starts any crap he should go to the liquor store and get a couple cases of beer and invite a couple good buddies over to watch TV and get sloshed. Tell all of them to make complete asses of themselves if she says anything. Â*Belch, fart, cuss, whatever, anything to make her wish they were all out of the house, and that she had let him go fishin"

Â* Â* #5, Tell her to piss off, and go fishing!!

Â* Â* #6, He needs to put his foot down very firmly.....Then bring the other one up in the middle of her a$$.
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 12:29 AM   #10
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

(1) It's his problem. Not yours. You stay out of it.

(2) Did he not know she was like this when he married her? (BS. He did.) He picked her. Apparently that's the way he wants things. If they have any kids, too bad. Suck it up for 20 years. (If there aren't any kids, he better think a LONG time before he does anything to make any kids.)
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 03:18 AM   #11
bassbum
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassbum

If my husband didn't allow me to fish, he would be gone

Oops was that my outloud voice ??

Sandra
bassbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 10:12 AM   #12
kegler12
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to kegler12

Tell him to ask her if she would rather have him sittin a bar drinking all day. That worked for me.
kegler12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 12:50 PM   #13
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

Yea, i will not marry anyone who does not like when i go hunting or fishing. i want some one to go with me!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 03:50 PM   #14
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Got a divorce in part of fishing. Now I go any time that I please. New girl friend doesn't mind. If she ever said anything then I'd give her my priorities.
1. Bass fishing
2. Women
If after that we got into an argument then I'd say that I'm going back to #1. Then we would see how she would act. Knowing my luck, she would say adious (sp). Then I guess the begging would start !

But I wouldn't quit fishing.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 04:30 PM   #15
IL.bassin36

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Jackl- thats HILIARIOUS ;D Dude, your buddy has to decide where to draw the line.?! Them vowes say "forsaking all others" not "forsaking everything else"!
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 08:35 PM   #16
nb122679
BassFishin.Com Member

I had the same problem last year. I still have the problem a little, but not that bad. I don't fish nearly as much as I would like, but she realizes now that I am going to fish one way or the other. She really didn't like it this year when I joined the fishing club, but she is slowly getting use to it, well atleast until the next tournament comes up next month. We will argue a little bit, it will be alright the next day. It just takes some time.

Kevin
nb122679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 08:38 PM   #17
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

dump the old buzzard and find a young chickie...break her in right.

worked for me.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 08:47 PM   #18
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i dont think i would ever marry a women that wouldnt let me fish. its not just about not being able to fish, it is about her not controlling my life and telling me what to do. i see a relationship as an equal partner ship and each individual should be allowed to do what they need to do and not being able to be bossed around by one another, unless what they do is unreasonable. just think of it, now she is telling him he cant fish, whats to stop her from telling him he cant go watch football with his buddies? if it was me in that situation, she would be gone. when i am married, i am gunna let her know that we are both equals here and that as long as we spend time with each other(and eventually the kids), we are gunna be allowed to dowhat we need to do. wether it be fishing, or in her case shopping and doing what sh needs to do. all of this will be reasonable, like if i was fishing 24/7 all the time, then she could step in and tell me im fishing to much and we can talk it out. same witth her. we will keep eachother in line ;D
Old 04-25-05, 08:51 PM   #19
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

02,if you ever find a reasonable woman ,let me know if she has a sister.
you'd be better off trying to find hen's teeth.
as far as being an equal partnership...yeah it's equal..your 10% and her 90% equals 100%.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-05, 09:02 PM   #20
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

the best bet would be to find a girl that likes fishing. out of all the girls i have gone out with, only 1 liked to fish. and that one was up in cheifland(a.k.a. hicksville) go figure ;D it was during the summer. she was hott to. to bad i had to come back home and end it with that one, she was the real catch. ;D i think this summer i will find another up there. the place is full of hott country girls that love to fish. talk about a fishermens heaven ;D
Old 04-27-05, 12:03 AM   #21
tbuck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tbuck

Hey Urbanator,
L@@Ks and sounds like you need to change your handle to the "Worminator" with all those country gals up yonder....

Mike

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=news;num=1114384537;start=0#19 date=04/25/05 at 20:02:20]the best bet would be to find a girl that likes fishing. out of all the girls i have gone out with, only 1 liked to fish. and that one was up in cheifland(a.k.a. hicksville) go figure ;D it was during the summer. she was hott to. to bad i had to come back home and end it with that one, she was the real catch. ;D i think this summer i will find another up there. the place is full of hott country girls that love to fish. talk about a fishermens heaven ;D[/quote]
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 12:46 AM   #22
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

im gunna go pro so my wife will haf to be ok with me fishin caus i ams goin to make so much money that way and im gonna have a fast boat and be rich so she wood like that a lot
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 05:05 AM   #23
eyes
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Set the alarm clock for 4 am. Let it go off for a few seconds before you shut it off to make sure she's awake. Then start to get cuddly with her like you want to have sex. Do this once or twice and I guarantee her response will be, "aren't you going fishing?" Works like a charm! Â* Notice what time my post is? Guess where I'm going? ;D
eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 09:09 AM   #24
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=Stick-em link=board=news;num=1114384537;start=0#20 date=04/26/05 at 23:03:01] Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*Hey Urbanator,
L@@Ks and sounds like you need to change your handle to the "Worminator" with all those country gals up yonder.... Â*

Mike

[/quote]
LMAO ;D dont worry, i keep it in my pants....for now ;D
Old 04-28-05, 01:36 PM   #25
IL.bassin36

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Stu22- YOU DA' MAN!!!! ;D
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.