Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 09-11-12, 08:59 AM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Daiwa Fuego BC reel

I have heard great things of the spinning reel but hardly ever hear anything of the casting reel. Is it good, just need another reel at moment, and these came up. It says it is a Magnesium frame and made in Japan.

your views on these??
Old 09-11-12, 03:20 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

They are fantastic reels but were discontinued about 3 yrs ago.
Old 09-11-12, 06:50 PM   #3
wallywallace

alright, so a used one it is.
Old 09-11-12, 10:18 PM   #4
Jrob78

Just curious, why are you dead set on a reel that you didn't even know was out of production? Have you ever used a Daiwa reel? Do you know anything about the braking system on the Fuego? I'm not trying to talk you out of it, like I said before, it's a great reel, one of my favorites. It just seems like a strange, random choice.
Old 09-12-12, 09:33 AM   #5
wallywallace

my uncle, who doesnt fish that much anymore had a few zillions, i love em, a fugeo spinning, and he had a few more i cant think. I have a accursist(sp) i like it alot, and i have 2 rods by them. plus the do look nice and there is a few for sell on ebay and CL.

guess i am random my bps extrem is on its last leg, and i wanted another 6 gear ratio reel. I am really not that brand loyal, and would like to add another daiwa
Old 09-19-12, 12:31 PM   #6
RAYMAN111
BassFishin.Com Member

I used to work for Daiwa. When the Fuego came out, it was one of the most popular reel in the West. Magnesium Frame and Japanese components. I can tell you that I have four of these reels and will not give them up. Drags are the best.....this is one thing that Daiwa has prided themselves with. Yes, the reel is do longer made....they needed to make room for the Zillion series reels and the Steeze reels. Again great reels....not cheap! Remember, when the Fuego series of reels came out, these were made with Japanese components and did not have the internals coming from their China plant.

Your question was on the spinning and casting reels. Again...they are both great reels. I am partial to the casting reels, as you can see. The spinning reel was a great reel, however, there are a great number of reels that are less money and of equal quality. Two that come to mind are the new Ballastic from Daiwa and the Procyon. Procyon takes the name from a series of rods that came out that were extremely successsful. They used the name for the new reel and it is holding up very well. Retail is $149.99. Ait Bail, Digigear, Sealed Bearrings with three of them in the CRBB series. I really like this reel. Next....look at the Ballistic....priced at $199.95 it is a fantastic reel. Again, Air Bail, High Speed Retrieve, Digigear, four CRBB Sealed Bearings, and tow of the bearings are supporting the drag washers.....keeps them in alignment.

I am passionate about my Daiwa....still. Take a look on line at the site. I wish the Fuego series was still in line.....
*One more thing.....The Fuego series of reels were intended to be fished with Braid. The Techs wanted a reel that would handle the abuse that braid puts on reels.....they hit a home run with the reels........Good luck
RAYMAN111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-12, 02:36 PM   #7
wallywallace

Damn I lost the fuego,shoulda offered more, I got saved on the bay so if one comes up I'll grab it
Old 09-19-12, 05:13 PM   #8
Jrob78

RAYMAN, I have to agree with you. The Fuego is probably my favorite Daiwa reel. I go back and forth between it and the Zillions but the Fuego is the one that always ends up on my most used rods at any given time. I like the Sol a lot as well but it's missing something that the Fuego has, I just can't put my finger on what that is. Maybe it's the non clicking drag star, I don't know. I wish I would have bought more than one Fuego when TW was closing them out several years ago.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.