Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-28-05, 05:00 PM   #1
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Cool a "dinger" of a question

i was wonderin if kinamibaits or yum dingers have a good fall rate,after testing out my experiment im my thread,ive been experimentin,i learned that tikis and senkos have thier strongpoints and senkos are a good bait if you fish them deep
Old 08-28-05, 05:29 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Im not sure about the fall rate but ive caught more fish on a kinami bait than i have on a tiki.
Same goes for my dad but on kinami baits ive only caught them on the red shad color and white/chartruese color.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 05:55 PM   #3
pig n jig

The Yumdinger in Ozark smoke produced a 6.4 lb smallmouth for me a few years ago. I still use them or the tiki stickS. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 06:16 PM   #4
KenDammit

from what I have noticed, the fall rate of a YUM dinger is the same as the Tiki Stick. Kinami's and Yamamoto's fall a little faster that those other two.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 06:22 PM   #5
KH.

i know senkos fall a lot faster,but they are way exspensive,,,,,,,,,,,,,im going to listen
to 454ss and get a pack of white chartuese and red shad.seem like anything with red
or chatreuse is working for me.they should mix those color on a laminated tiki
Old 08-28-05, 06:31 PM   #6
KenDammit

i've tried the white/chartreuse kinami but I've never been able to catch a fish on it. I don't know why but it just seems too "bright" for the fish I encounter.
Old 08-28-05, 07:18 PM   #7
KH.

probally because you were fishing a clear lake try a murky one
Old 08-28-05, 08:27 PM   #8
pig n jig

Ken, I have had the same bad luck with the chart/white Kinamis.I left them under someones wiper blade when I left the boat launch P N J
Old 08-28-05, 08:54 PM   #9
KH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Ken, I have had the same bad luck with the chart/white Kinamis.I left them under someones wiper blade when I left the boat launch P N J
thats funny if they dont see it they just see this worm fly in the air
Old 08-28-05, 09:41 PM   #10
454ss

Quote:
i've tried the white/chartreuse kinami but I've never been able to catch a fish on it. I don't know why but it just seems too "bright" for the fish I encounter.
Quote:
probally because you were fishing a clear lake try a murky one
Thats probably exactly why, Becasue ive never caught any on in those colors in clear water.

Yea on them red shad ones my dad said he has hooked this one fish in this one pond probably 10 times because it just loves them red shad kinamis and when he hits it he bites the worm in half and spits the hook my dad says its a huge fish.

And last year he caught 2 10#ers on the chart/white kinami and he caught a few 6-8#ers on it casue i had to help him get a few in the boat with a net. lol This may sound like a ol fishin tale but i promise you its the truth cause i saw the fish and he kept the 2 10#ers they are in our freezer lol

Yea my dad does a lot of fishin he has a small 8 ft boat int he back of his truck and it never leaves the truck unless its about to hit the water becasue he goes fishin everyday or night. He catches all his fish on old zebco spincasters too becasue thats all he believes in and he only uses artificial worms and nuthin else.

My dads a diff man than me when it comes to fishin i believe in all kinds of baits and reels and rods.
Old 08-28-05, 09:42 PM   #11
454ss

sorry for the life story lol
Old 08-28-05, 09:47 PM   #12
KH.

well ive done my share of reading and your dad is a funny person.my dad too all he will use is a popper.once i gaughta 7 on it thats all he will use,but he doesnt go fishin often
Old 08-29-05, 01:18 AM   #13
KenDammit

The water I fished them in wasn't clear..more stained/murky probably about 1 foot of visibility. What kind of conditions are you fishing the white/chart in, 454? I'd like to at least get some use out of the bag without just wasting the sticks. I've always fished them weightless and they "appear" in the water much quicker than the other colors that I use..so I've never really had confidence that a fish would think to eat them. When I first bought them, I thought that they'd be a great combo, especially with the white being there..because white and chartreuse work for me on everything else.
Old 08-29-05, 02:29 AM   #14
pig n jig

Kh, I stuffed the whole pack of baits in the original bag minus 1 bait out of it.If Stevie Wonder was driving or even Ray Charles, they could have seen a whole pack of baits under their wiper blade ? P N J
Old 08-29-05, 07:34 AM   #15
bigbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Default fall rate

I've tried all of them and I like the Wacko's fall rate the best. You can find them at ( www.wackyworm.com ) . Tight Lines bigbasser
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-05, 10:08 AM   #16
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

As for texture, I think the Yum Dinger is as close to the Senko as I've used. Everyone of these baits has a slightly different fall. Some slower falls sometimes work better, sometimes a faster fall will work better. Why not have some of each.

Lizards
Old 08-29-05, 10:56 AM   #17
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In clear water try the Golden Shiner or Baby Bass fron Kinami. I have caught fish on the chart/white from muddy water. The Kanami or Senko have more salt in them than the tiki's that is why the fall faster. The weight of the hook also makes a difference. To adjust the fall use a bigger steel hook as oppsed to a small wire hook. I usea 4.0 wide gap wire worm hook on the kanami. l add a small clip on weight of 1/32 or 1/16 to increase the fall. This clip on attaches to the underside of the hook . That allows the bait to fall correctly as opposed to using a split shot ahead of the bait.Fish2win
Old 08-29-05, 04:35 PM   #18
454ss

I was usin them right at dark mostly same for my dad he was usin them right at dark and throwin them under a half blowed over weepin willow tree and thats where he caught the 10#ers
Old 08-29-05, 04:47 PM   #19
KenDammit

ahh, so pretty dark waters.
Old 08-30-05, 04:44 PM   #20
Brad_Coovert
BassFishin.Com Member

I have never met a bad color for Senkos.

Natural colors work best for me, but I have caught a ton of fish on other, brighter colors as well. The chartreuse/white Kinami (GYCB has some also) and the Rainbow Trout Senko are smallie killers in the local river when the water is clear.

I also like the Assalt Salt Stix and Wave Tiki Sticks. The Tikis fall the slowest of the four. The others all fall about the same. Those and the Senkos and Kinamis are all I pretty much use.

Brad
Brad_Coovert is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.