Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-22-12, 11:47 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default What a site!

I know alot of you are tournament followers and this stuff is old hat for you folks, but....I'm in LaCrosse.
I don't care what the paper reports...there were alot more than 1500 there THURSDAY morning for launch. And weigh in....flat out CRAZY! These nuts from LaCrosse are FUNATICS! Every boat launch within 20 miles was full from boaters out to follow the pro's. That was THURSDAY! wait till the weekend.
But for those members of BASS, have you ever seen a better (prettier) location. Check the on water photos, forget the angler and check out the backgrounds. Nature at it's best.

A few little insights. You see the little boat house (white) in photos from launch....those sell for $50,000 plus. Gets better. The DNR has prohibited these type of dwellings but the current owners can stay but if they sell it has to be removed. They limit improvements because if they fall apart...they must remove them. So if the owner dies and/or wants to leave to family, legal. Wants to sell to me , illegal. So needless to say the extended familes in LaCrosse have increased over the years.
Anyway my kids mom owns one. They were renting them out for over $1000 a night, most have NO plumbing. Crazy hu? Her's thru very strict and almost scary back door bargaining is very very nice, flat screen, plumbing ect. Her hubby was offered $2500 dollars for the weekend...he declined. They don't fish and they won't go anywhere that crowded. Got to go thru launch site to get to the boathouses. Ya I'm still working on him. He's balking and we get along well....so my guess is one of the Pros are staying thier and he promised secrecy. he's a man of his word. Oh I should mention that the launch is actually on the Black River, not the Mississippi.
My only delemia is...I'd rather be fishing at day break as opposed to watching others going out to fish. So my tourney participation is probably going to be limited...cause I'm going fishing!

Oh I added a link to the Lacrosse paper for those of you who want to read more local coverage.
http://lacrossetribune.com/lifestyle...9bb2963f4.html
Old 06-22-12, 02:21 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

see if they want to adopt another kid or 2, lol!!! i always wanted to be a step so to someone who has a place hidden in that place. hahahaha!!
Old 06-22-12, 04:07 PM   #3
bassboogieman

OK, not what I expected. I was really scared to open this thread, thinking it may have been the picture of 'bama shooting the moon. I've learned to be VERY carefull opening any text messages from that crazy dude. If you get a text titled "Guntersville Moon" DO NOT OPEN IT, you have been warned.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-12, 08:40 PM   #4
bamabassman

coming for someone who has a BS DEGREE, I take that as a compliment bruce.
Old 06-26-12, 08:51 AM   #5
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I don't see the boat houses in any of the pics???
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 11:34 AM   #6
joedog

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/...ch-mighty-miss
Pics:4,8,9,17,20

http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/day-one-mississippi
The scenery I mentioned. Probably should of added to first post but hey, this was a Joedog post...what did you expect?

Last edited by joedog; 06-26-12 at 11:43 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 11:05 PM   #7
carolina-rig-01

Elite Series events are awesome, and I am glad that you got to attend one. Sadly after the way that B.A.S.S. got jacked around by the Wisconsin DNR, I really doubt they go back which is unfair to all the fans up there that deserve to see these events. I have been fortunate enough to attend 2 Classics and 1 regular season event and had a blast at all of them. I am looking foward to attending my 3rd Classic next February.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.