Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 06-30-12, 09:53 AM   #1
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Voila !

I've tied jigs for a number of years with a large number of various materials. Lately, in the last couple of years, I've been getting some interesting materials at the Dollar Tree dollar store.

It's the gift bag shredding manufactured by the Voila company. I first bought a bag of the silver, then the red and one bag of the gold. My first jigs were tied on 1/16 oz. jigs with the leadheads painted red. I tied on silver fan skirts tied with red thread and putting a single red stripe in the middle of the skirt on each side. Each strand was doubled and trimmed at a variety of angles just past the hook. The little silver and red jig has caught 21 species of fish to date.

Now I'm tying with the iridescent strands that come in the bag of "clear shredding......When you get a bag of clear, about ten percent of it is iridescent, reflecting green, red, and sometimes purple. The extra neat thing about this material is it's not only iridescent, but also transparent and allows some of the reflections of overlapped strands through itself as well as reflecting it's own.

I've seen this material very finely shredded for fly tiers who want to add a touch of glitter, but tying with the Voila strands is much easier and quicker. And also, a buck a bag for magic isn't a bad deal at all.......Good Fishing,Mac
Old 06-30-12, 07:29 PM   #2
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey Mac, you've been a tinkerer as long as I've known you and it seems to pay off. You're the MacGyver of fishing.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 10:12 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

post up some pics mac!!! com'on now....we wanna see....please?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.