Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 08-28-11, 06:00 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default so does your wife-girl friend like fishing and come alongn

just wondering, how many members wives or ladies like to fish with them, or well.... how many husbands that are not big time fishermen fish with there wives who are.. just my random thinking
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 06:09 PM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

My wife loves to fish! She grew up fishing for walleyes and panfish with her dad and brother. Now I've taught her how to fish for bass also. In fact, last weekend she caught PBs for both LM (2lb 13oz) and SM (4lb 0oz). I'll try to get pics of those posted up in another thread.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 06:32 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

My wife enjoys it, but not nearly as much as I. In fact, she hasn't got out this year yet. We work opposite shifts and she works very late. So getting up early isn't in her schedule.
Old 08-28-11, 06:46 PM   #4
carolina-rig-01

Before we met my wife had never spent a day in the deer woods or fishing either one. I introduced her to both hunting and fishing and we have enjoyed doing both together ever since. She is a pretty good shot with a bow and rifle as well as being good with a rod and reel. She is my tournament partner in the club I fish and she can hold her own against us guys for the most part (except for peeing standing up lol).

carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 07:05 PM   #5
bamabassman

how else am i gonna eat some fish? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! EVERYONE knows that lisa is the "catcher" in my boat. and i am PROUD of it.

for real though, lisa was raised on the gulf coast. she went to the beach and surf fished (sorta, mostly laid out on the beach and played says her mom and dad, hahaha), so she never really fished in fresh water. but now that she is up here and has actually LEARNED how to fish, yes from ME, she loves it. but now after having had the transplant she can't go out on blue bird days. she was telling me it won't be long till it cools off and the clouds come back. she is ready to do some more CATCHING. hahaha. and here iw as ready to moth ball the boat till spring.
i got a lot of projects to do before winter comes in. guess i better get busy huh?

so to answer oyur orignal question....YES my wife loves to fish. she loves being out ont he water in the boat too. i am a VERY LUCKY MAN.
Old 08-28-11, 07:41 PM   #6
Marty

My wife never made a cast in her life and never will. And that's fine with both of us. Don't take that to mean there's something wrong, as we've had a long and happy marriage.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:10 PM   #7
wallywallace

thats great guys, my girl friend loves to catch bluegill, before i cat fish i give her the ultralite and she slays them. somtimes i gotta stop her or i will end up wasting them
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 09:54 PM   #8
AUFred

My wife does not like to fish... she likes to catch. If i bait the hook and remove the fish and it is not to hot or cold and the bugs aren't bad. in other words she rarely fishes with me.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-11, 10:04 PM   #9
Bender

My wife will take one boat ride per year, and that lasts about 30 minutes. It ws even that way when we lived at the lake. That's fine but sometimes I feel guilty staying on the water for 10-12 hours a day.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:37 AM   #10
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

well all the girls i try to mingle with some how a fishing story of mine goes in lol most are cool with while others think its cruel when i tell them i sometimes eat what i catch so that usually ends in an argument lol but once i meet a girl who likes to fish i am defiantly taking her fishing LOL
Old 08-29-11, 10:21 AM   #11
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufred View Post
my wife does not like to fish... She likes to catch. If i bait the hook and remove the fish and it is not to hot or cold and the bugs aren't bad. In other words she rarely fishes with me.
+1........
Old 08-29-11, 06:03 PM   #12
nobass

My wife does not fish i do not do needlework, works out great for both of us. ben this way for 45 years going on 46.
Old 08-29-11, 06:38 PM   #13
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott the fishman View Post
but once i meet a girl who likes to fish i am defiantly taking her fishing LOL
Now this feller is learning quick! lol
Old 08-30-11, 11:49 PM   #14
kennethdaysale

This is my second marriage..and to a young city girl..for the first 15 yrs she would sometimes go out in the boat with me to get some sun and eat snacks and listen to her ipod..I desperately wanted her to share in the excitement and adrenalin rush of actually fishing..so one fine post spawn day in 08 I found several schools of solid aggresive fish willing to POUND Shad Raps all day. So I bribed her with a new pair of shoes and we went the next day...she proceded to catch 36 LMB from 14-18" and the rest is as they say "history. As a matter of fact she keeps the solunar tables on her desktop..bought a new Shimano Stradic Ci42500 and Cumulus rod, has her own tacklebox etc. Life is good and easy on the eyes to boot!
kennethdaysale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 03:42 AM   #15
bluebasser86

Mine does as long as the weather is ok but she will deal with quite a bit. If she can get some sun or do some swimming it usually makes it easier to get her to go. This year I got her a St. Croix Avid Pearl spinning rod and a Quantum Energy PT 10 spinning reel for Valentines day (as one of her gifts, I know better than to get her a fishing rod for valentines day). Here's a picture of her putting it to good use catching a monster white bass fishing for trout.
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/...t=101_0987.jpg
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 09:54 PM   #16
C DUDE
BassFishin.Com Member

My girl loves to go fishin with me. When I first met her she was into catfishing and I was always into bass fishing, so we've been showing each other a trick or two haha

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.