Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 10-03-12, 10:54 AM   #1
tlloyd2222
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Chickamauga

Hey i am traveling to Lake Chickamauga next week. i am from missouri and have never fished a lake or river system like this looks to be. if anyone has info about water temp or any generic patterns to look for or any specific baits to the region that i might not know about please post here. or email me tlloyd2222@gmail.com
tlloyd2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 09:00 AM   #2
mike234
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have fished the lake before but that was last year and really do not know much about the lake as I used a guide.

Last edited by mike234; 10-04-12 at 09:06 AM.
mike234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 09:43 AM   #3
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The Chick has plenty of hydrilla and milfoil, Lily pads in some coves and pockets too. The grass is starting mat up nicely this time of year and the lily pads start curling up and dying, and that makes for some great hollow body frog and solid toad fishing! Up the river and down by the dam (and below the dam) are the rocky areas that hold the smalljaws. Everywhere in between are boat docks, the good kind built on wooden pylings that make for great dock skipping and flipping. The lake has a ton of ledges and humps that like crank baits and C-rigs. Your timing is perfect because just about any of these patterns will work well this time of year.
I love that lake (almost as much as I love Guntersville)
Old 10-04-12, 11:56 AM   #4
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thats good info,if going to rubber green pumpkin in any of the Tn river system works,my own experience there is limited to river section and grass galore even there,dont forget your frogs and braid.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.