Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 05-22-13, 06:58 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default I'm baaaaacccckkkkkk, lol

ok gang. got my laptop back and everyhting is ok with it. jsut needed cleaned up the man said.

other news is i am starting ANOTHER new job tuesday. not going into details or nothing. cause i may not be taking it. the welders helper job is looking sorta good right now. there is a job in CADIZ, OHIO coming up and i may be going there for the summer. don't know for sure right this minute, but if not i will be driving a dump truck locally. a little better per hour pay but the ins is HIGH. but hey, it's a job. i will be working a lot of hours either way and 6 to 7 days a week too. so fishing time will not be easy to get. when i have more time i will explain in a little more detail.

folks, times are hard...and it looks like this is the way it's going to be for a VERY long time. i just hope i can hold on for a while longer till retirement time.....if i ever CAN retire.

take care and GOD BLESS YA'LL!!
Old 05-22-13, 10:11 PM   #2
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Welcome back!! And good luck on the job!!
Old 05-23-13, 06:47 AM   #3
bassboogieman

John, I am sorry to hear you are again bouncing around in the employment arena - I really hope you find something stable and get solid footing again SOON. I know you will do whatever you NEED to do on the job issue, but I also hope you find something you'd LIKE to do as well, it's so much easier that way. Best of luck my friend, keep up the search, good things MUST come your way, you are much to good a man to have such a tough time finding a decent job in a field in which you would like to contribute.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-13, 06:54 AM   #4
keithdog

I'm going to guess your computer was over loaded and corrupted by an excess of TIDE files. hahaha. But seriously man, I hope you find some employment that you both can enjoy and is long term. I know jobs are hard to come by, especially jobs that will offer a "living wage", and decent benefits. And if your over 50, it's even harder to get a fair shake when it comes to getting hired. It seems so many employers want a young buck who is willing to hire on with a lower starting wage. But it good to see you back here again!
Old 05-23-13, 09:45 PM   #5
bamabassman

i start a dump truck driving job tuesday. this is the sort of job that works you for 60-70 hrs a week all summer then lay you off during the winter. but, it's a job and i WILL be making some money at least. my main problem is the health ins. it almost costs as much as cobra is that i am paying now. and i can't get it till i have put in 90 days.....i tell ya folks....the way this country is going i am wondering if i am gonna starve to death BEFORE i retire. but we can't stop....gotta keep punching.
Old 05-25-13, 07:59 AM   #6
nobass

sorrry to hear about your go around in the job market. it sucks i know you have cdl have you thought about driving 18 wheeler. most companys have good ins and you always see ads saying they need drivers. my son drives one and he make a decent wage. just a thought
Old 05-25-13, 08:41 AM   #7
AUFred
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Hang in there. Things are tough all over. At least it sounds like you can consider retirement. I expect I will die at my work desk. Hope you find some time to fish because that renews the soul.
AUFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 09:16 AM   #8
bamabassman

don, i only have a class B cdl, 18 wheelers require a CLASS A. and no, sorry but i don't want to do that if i can find somehting else.

fred, i can't retire really. i am vested in the RSA , but it ain't much really. plus i can't withdraw it till i am 61 yrs old.

the insurance is what is a killer, can't afford to quit working cause it's so high.
Old 05-25-13, 10:00 AM   #9
coldbasser
BassFishin.Com Active Member

In Canada we have medacare free of charge?
I feel for you as we were recently reorganized and my position alomg with 35 others were eliminated. I called a Company that I used to work for and they rehired me at a better Salary and benifits package!! I put my fate in my higher powers hands and once again he directed me to a better outcome than if I was left to my own devices.
Have faith and do wat is right Hang in there John
coldbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 10:55 AM   #10
keithdog

That insurance situation is striking most folks, and it sucks! My brother works for a large international company and has been there about 40 years. They're insurance used to be great. But now, he has to pay 5000.00 up front on top of what is already taken from his salary to pay for it, before he gets any benefits. He told me the other day, we may as well just put him in a box and bury him if he ever gets sick. And he's a heart patient.
Old 05-25-13, 04:21 PM   #11
lilmule

It doenst stop when you retire just less money to work with go on ss and its a year and a half before you can get part b or any medical plan,meanwhile cobra.
Which cost is determined by your previous employer-high .SS income is not high.
Yes canada has a free medical system so doesnt finland,but only way to get it is freeze your arse off,is their anyplace in canuck that has warm winters like the state of wash in some valleys?
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-13, 05:04 PM   #12
coldbasser

Yes Check out Toronto, Windsor is further south than Detroit, there are some mild winters in British Columbia as well beautiful and not as many people to mess up nature.
Old 05-25-13, 06:31 PM   #13
Bassboss

Glad the puter's back up and running, and hope the jobs go well bud! Keep on truckin along (no pun intended! )
Old 05-25-13, 09:42 PM   #14
Bassin' Gal

Hey Bama. I am so very sorry to hear about your job situation. I can empathize completely. I hope you find something soon that will allow you to be home and provide the desperately needed insurance. I am beginning to think we need to build us a commune for unemployed fishermen (and women!) .
Bassin' Gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.