Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 10-14-06, 03:46 PM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default The Laser

Hey folks just wanted to drop a line and say hello to all. As some of you know I have been in the process of a major face lift on a 1 of a kind Laser bass boat and thought some of might like a update. All is going pretty much as planned. Have lost approx. 200lbs off a 624lb hull that originally was supposed to be pushed by no more than 115 ponies. But in her new life she is gonna be powered by a 265 propshaft horsepower V6. A little crazy yes but those of you that know me well...... Got one more addition to do to the hull and then the cap goes back on. All rewired nice and neat with a central wiring location for all Lowrance products and other little goodies. Got the bunks off the trailer and getting ready to paint it next weekend. Nice shiny new aluminum rims and tires and ligts going on her. Then the color goes on the hull and then the cap gets back on her. Look to finish her by the end of november. Ok folks gotta run. Have a great run and holler atcha soon.
Dirk
Old 10-14-06, 03:54 PM   #2
flbassman

Good to see you laser! SOunds like a real nice boat.....
Old 10-14-06, 04:53 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

the man with da plan..

zooker
Old 10-14-06, 06:49 PM   #4
Vabass22

God!
That sounds like one sweeettttttt ride!
Vabass22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 08:48 PM   #5
lizardsrule

I aint riding in that thing 72 MPH was too fast for me, that thing is gonna be pushing 100 probably Good to see ya around. A little insanity is always welcome. Heck it's here 24/7 as it is, we just need some more of it rotfl.

Lizards
Old 10-14-06, 09:27 PM   #6
zooker

my guess once the prop is found laser is going to be running 110+ mph..

72 aint fast that just a good speed..

zooker
Old 10-15-06, 07:32 PM   #7
pig n jig

Laser, never fly faster than your Guardian angel can scoot. Good to see I anit the only one that don't like going fast, would rather spend more time behind the trolling motor fishing than running from the law,45 mph is speed limit regulations here on most lakes in my area.The law has found it easier to write bass boats tickets, instead of putting themselves in harms way by chasing down drug dealers out on the street. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 08:18 PM   #8
JB

theres no speed limit here pnj, just no wake zones for birds
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 09:01 PM   #9
zooker

pnj you and i know that was pushed thru by trout fisherman using those big old monster barges that can't find plane out speed. let alone 45mph..

trim dem high let her fly.. get there first catch the fish..

zooker
Old 10-28-06, 08:20 AM   #10
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
Laser, never fly faster than your Guardian angel can scoot. Good to see I anit the only one that don't like going fast, would rather spend more time behind the trolling motor fishing than running from the law,45 mph is speed limit regulations here on most lakes in my area.The law has found it easier to write bass boats tickets, instead of putting themselves in harms way by chasing down drug dealers out on the street. P N J
PNJ ole buddy. I know what ya saying bud. When my hair is on fire at 70+mph on the water with a 2-3inch chop on a cool morning with me and a fishing buddy heading to one of our hotspots and the sun just barely peeping over the horizon gives me a MAJOR woody. Its the last place that I can air it out and most of the time stay outta trouble with the law. Makes me feel like a 18yr old with a hotrod. Even though every time on the water I push the envelope to its limits I do know that there is a LIMIT and I dont exceed that. Water and spped and boats will KILL ya fast if ya dont know yer limits AND your boats limits. A story in pont.......A friend of mine bought a Rajun Cajun years ago and we took it out to Stockton lake in southern missouri many years ago. I had been teaching him how to run a boat at speeds and he had gotten quite good. On this particular day he developed a set of gonads that would have killed us had I not slapped him up side the head and then explained to him this is NOT the water to be doing this on. After a few choice words and some not so nice gestures he finally realized I was right when another boat was doing the exact same thing as him did a barrel role and the only thing that saved them was me and my buddy. Since that day he has always made a remark about "When being slapped upside the head sometimes its best to listen insted of gettin mad". To make a long story short if someone is ion the boat with me 90% of the time I dont push the envelope and respect my passenger....his life is in my hands. I push when alone or if my rider really wants to get a thrill but in any situation I respect water and speed. Life is to short to make it shorter. ANYONE can take a ride with me a feel safe. This is a promise I make to ANYONE.
Old 10-28-06, 04:30 PM   #11
Christopherkeene9

Laser when ya gonna be in my neck of the woods?? Looking for a good ride!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-06, 09:45 PM   #12
1FASTLASER

Christopfer If I get down to your area I promise I will look you up and we will go stretch a line and set the water on fire.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.