Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-09, 02:59 PM   #101
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

AHHHH.. its going to rain today.. yuck.. so i'm out of school in about a minute so i've gotta make sure i get everything back under the shed.. and then im gunna get the back plate mounted.. hopefully if i dodge the showers i can get the motor on
Old 02-27-09, 10:40 PM   #102
MrPhotographer06

welllllll..

Today when i got home it was starting to drizzle.. i got everything under the shed.. and started on the boat..

First thing is i got the back two pieces of wood laid down and screwed down

Then we couldnt decide on how to do the front piece of wood so we left it alone and went to the molding.. man.. i never wanna do that again.. we tried sliding it around it but it had a little bit of dirt in it and we didnt realize it but we we put water in it to help it slide a little bit and that just made it into mud.. so finnaly we just put the bottom in and pinched it with a set of pliers and put it in the track....

Then i got the back plate mounted and everything.... i think those bolts are going to be a little too long.. i'll cut them off and go over it with a die to make it smooth.. I've got to go back tomorrow and put some of that sealant around the bolt heads and holes.. and the screws i put in the side..

I also hinged one door with the hinges off of the front seat thingy..

i had to trim some of it off with a planer.. the old timey kind with the metal blade like a foot long and two handles that you pull to you.. i like them better than a regular plane.. then i got it fitting good so i said well its gotta be able to be opened.. so i'll make a handle...

my grandpa used to work [division manager] at a garnment dying place and when it closed we got alot of like seatbelt material.. so i made a handle..

i realized after i started that i dont have another set of hinges like the others..and i dont have any small ones so i'll have to go get some tomorrow..

I also re-located the serial tag. It was behind the stainless plate so i moved it to right next to the steering cable hole in the back on the port side..

I still cant decide if i want to hinge the back doors or just cut the pieces and screw them down.. If i get a 4x8" pedestal base [ http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...008000_225-8-5 ]

then i can still put a seat up front.. but the only place i've ever seen them is on bass pro.. so i'd have to order it.. but then again i'd have a front seat and 4 doors..I think thats what i'll do.. i can deal without the front seat until i get the base.. i wont be fishing that much in it for a while anyway...

So now i need to get that ordered.. and i'll probally order one of those sweet bass pro mesh top life jackets..

Tomorrow:
Silicone bolts on plate
Hang Motor
Put wood side things in
Mount Rod rack
Finish front floor and put in the deck.

Sunday
Test the engine

Tomorrow they are calling for T-storms and tornadoes so i'll probally pittle with it a little.. and sunday/monday they are calling for snow ..lol..wacked weather...
Old 02-28-09, 10:42 PM   #103
MrPhotographer06

2/28/09...

Today is day one of the 3 day weather deal..

today was supposed to be severe weather.. lots of rain

and it was lots of rain..all day.. stopped around 5:45 or so
Tomorrow its supposed to snow here [2-4" but expected to be more] and its going to be cold tomorrow and monday so i guess its gunna put us out of school monday..

Anyway..

I got up and over to my GP's house about 10:00.. and it was raining so i didnt know what to do.. so i bolted the plate up and put marine sealent stuff arround them all.

I finished mounting the side plate things and put the rod rack in. i tried to work it out but anyway i put it i was going to loose one rack.. so i just sacrificed the top one so i actually have 5 rod holders..

Got the control box mounted up and the wiring in

A little mist was blowing in from the rain and the Water sealed wood was beading up the water and when i wiped it off it went right back dry

I'm probally going to add another coating

Well i pretty much ran out of good stuff to do so i said..well hang the motor..

and i did.. after i got it all wired up and crap i put the battery on it and hit the starter real fast and it turned.. I got the rear light working but i've got to find a bulb for the front.

I ended up pulling it to the backyard and putting it in a half drum and tried to start it and the deep cycle was dead.. I've got to buy one for it but i was using the old one we have. I just pulled it back to the shop and i'll try it tomorrow.. i charged the battery for a while today and i'll hit it a minute tomorrow before i crank it.

I did run into a little problem though. The fiberglass is making the rear wood piece stick out just a little bit too much so the motor is sitting up about 1/4" too high on both sides.. and thats making the motor bumper for tilting it a little bit too high so i've got to shave it down so it fits rather than take the motor off and shave the wood.

Those cables that I bought didnt fit exactly so i had to RR it [redneck rig] No pic of it today .. i forgot.. but the hole in a the mount is on a little hook and its clamped tight on the shifter side. The throttle side the end was broke so i was about to get some mighty putty..lol to fix it and i said wait.. Cap [guy i bought the cables from] said to change some hardware around. so it has to come off somehow.. and i forgot about the two screws on each side so i changed the end off so i have the right cable end on the throttle side but i still had to rig the mounting thing up. All in all i have working cables...

Lastly, i made the rear doors for the deck and i found out that i'm going to have to make the back doors hinge because the a tackle box wont fit between the bow seat and the back of the door.. so i'm going to have to order that kingpin base i was talking about

[ http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...:SearchResults ]

B in that photo

Then the base will fit between the door openings and i can still have my seat and have front access for smaller storage and the back will be used for tackle and whatnot.

there she sits with my big pedistal seat up there.

I hinged the one door that i did from the bottom. I think i'm going to take it off and top hinge it since i'll open further and there wont be as big of a gap. I'll try it tomorrow and see.

Thats all folks!
Old 03-01-09, 12:25 AM   #104
lazycricket000
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to lazycricket000

nice scotty startin to come together
Old 03-01-09, 12:28 AM   #105
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

got a question for ya pal. are you gonna put carpet or something in? if so, you are gonna have to take out everything you put in aren't ya? just wondering. but it is all coming together. i like a plan that comes together (aka; THE A-TEAM). HAHAHAHA. looking great bud. keep it up ok?
Old 03-01-09, 10:13 AM   #106
MrPhotographer06

yeah i'm gunna carpet it.. but thats going to be as money flows..

I wont be using it really until summer.. and thats when i work..with Lazycricekt and his parents.. so when we start workin and making money i'll take it out and carpet it..

i probally wont screw the deck down until i carpet it.. its heavy enough to sit there i think
Old 03-02-09, 08:42 PM   #107
MrPhotographer06

well yesterday i took the motor off.. in the pouring rain under the shed. and tried to find out why it wouldnt tilt lock.. it was hitting the little glaspar plate that someone rigged up to the back of it.. so i round some of it off.. mouted it and it hit it again.. and repeated it 2 more times.. and did it 3 times today.. and it finnaly worked today.. i tightened the motor down EXTRA hard and ground a good bit of it off and it worked.. it wanted to get stuck when i got it locked but i got it to workin..

and after that the control cables wernt routed exactly right and the cable was tight..then it slipped in the control box.. but as soon as i can get it fixed tomorrow after school then i'll go test run it in the barrel

Oh and we called the DNR place.. and we have to go to columba [state capitol] and go to the states DNR and get the duplicate titles for the boat and motor.. probally will go over there friday and get those and try and hit the lake sunday afternoon
Old 03-03-09, 04:10 PM   #108
MrPhotographer06

3/3/09
My dad said that he thinks i need to re-build the carb on the boat... so i called the marine place.. they have the kit in-stock for 29.00 + tax..
and my football coach said he'd look out for me and do the labor for 15-20 bucks on a carb re-build..
prettyyy flippin sweet
I'm going to go try and get it running now.. got to do a little work to the control box then drop 'er down into the 1/2 drum..
i'll post up again when i get back tonite..
Old 03-03-09, 06:07 PM   #109
bamabassman

photo...man you are off the hook with help pal. great to have friends huh? i can't wait to see pics of you out there running it pal. post a pic of you christening the "new" "old" rig ok? but don't waste a bottle of wine, use grape juice ok? hahahahaha.
Old 03-03-09, 08:44 PM   #110
MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
photo...man you are off the hook with help pal. great to have friends huh? i can't wait to see pics of you out there running it pal. post a pic of you christening the "new" "old" rig ok? but don't waste a bottle of wine, use grape juice ok? hahahahaha.
i was thinking about actually doing that.. i'm going to do it.. but i want to have the stickers on the side first.. i'm going by the sticker shop tomorrow and see what i'd cost to get a big Carolina Dreamin put on the side..

then i'll christen it..

and i'll get wine.. and use the boat to break the top off and drink the rest

haha
Old 03-03-09, 09:03 PM   #111
MrPhotographer06

2/3/09

Alright .. well as yall know i had some problems and couldnt get the boat on the water this weekend as i reallyyy wanted to.. but i still have a short window.. sunday.. so i'll fill the 6 gal tank and mix the gas.. and take another 5 gallons and the oil to mix up another tank so i can run it good..
were gunna back it down and move it over to the dock and let it float for a while..make sure theres no water comming up in the bilge.. then i'll fire the 'rude up.. let 'er idle for a while.. then put-put around in a circle then of course.. the rods will be with me so if everythings good then were gunna go ride around

I asked the guy that leases the pond behind my house and he wants 500 a year i told him i wanted somewhere to fish pretty close and while we were in the line getting some worms..[baitmonkey got me] he said you fellers got a boat? i said yeah.. pretty much.. motors getting hung today.. he said hit lake robinson [nuclear cooling lake post] We had a tourney saturday and weighed in 147 fish.. winner was 10 fish that weighed 47 lbs

^^thats the lake were goin to test the boat in

Anywho.. yall know theres been some rough spots for the boat..

well.. lost the titles
Turns out.. dont have to have them to get the registraton? and i can go get it tomorrow and the sticker ..

Control cables.. they were tight at the box.but not tight enough and it was sliping with the extra pressure from being coiled up a little..

well i tightened it..

The cables i got didnt have the right ends.. but i fixed that

^^Theres that R/R i've been talkin about

Couldnt get the motor's tilt lock to work..

so that Problem checklist comes to

Stickers/Reg- Fixed
Cable slip - Fixed
Cable Ends- Fixed
Tilt lock- Fixed

I got the back two doors on the deck water-sealed today..
I vac.ed the whole boat out and got all the metal shavings out of it.. and i also took it and stuck it around the motor and dug out all the little wasp nest [ we call them dirt daubers]

While i was there.. i cleaned the fuel bowl.. it had some black gunk in it.. oil from last time i guess.. so i took the spark plugs out...

Top cyl.

Bottom cly.

Theres how she sits ..from inside the hoopty

Old 03-03-09, 09:07 PM   #112
bamabassman

Go fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-09, 09:08 PM   #113
MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Go fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the rod rack will be full
Old 03-04-09, 12:53 PM   #114
WTL

Dont feel bad about the redneck engineering you did to attach the cables, be proud of it. I once used a band clamp to attach a starter to a mercury 35 horse that had a broken starter bracket. It worked for months.
Old 03-04-09, 02:52 PM   #115
MrPhotographer06

well there attached i just didnt want them to come off
Old 03-04-09, 07:21 PM   #116
MrPhotographer06

Today i didnt do anything to the boat

i went and got the reg. and stickers

my dad wants to try and take the carb off and clean it himself .

i told him i wanted to put it in the lake and run it a bit but he said it wont run w/o the choke on..

he said you gunna take it in my truck?
i said yours or anthonys.. he said oh so you and anthony are gunna go? i said yeah.. he said i'm not invited? i said haha ..yeah..

but tomorrow i'll try and run it a little and then try and hopefully get my dad to run the steering cables..
Old 03-04-09, 08:37 PM   #117
bamabassman

oh go ahead and take yer ol pop pal. make him proud of you. you know he is, if he wasn't he wouldn't have asked to tag along. i am sure he is prouder than anyone here for you. have fun and catch some hawgs!!!
Old 03-05-09, 07:59 PM   #118
MrPhotographer06

doubt i'll be doing any fishing on the lake..

cant get the motor to run decent.. or low enough to safely shift gears.

She'll run all day long at full choke with the cover off..

wont run anything else with the cover off..

with the cover off.. full chokes too much..

it'll run for about 25 seconds at no choke.. and then you give it gas it dies.

i think it just needs to be totally cleaned out [which my football coach told me today he could do so i didnt have to buy the kit.] and we should be alright. if i go to the lake sunday it'll be to put-put around and make sure she floats good
Old 03-05-09, 08:09 PM   #119
MrPhotographer06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAKKynPpbyk

theres a vid of it running.. i'm going to upload another of it running with the cover on..
Old 03-05-09, 08:29 PM   #120
MrPhotographer06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHmJyJu-jNc

theres the vid of it running at half choke with the cover on

and shes puttin out alot of oil...

i'll post a seperate thread for that
Old 03-09-09, 11:03 AM   #121
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
2/3/09

I asked the guy that leases the pond behind my house and he wants 500 a year i told him i wanted somewhere to fish pretty close and while we were in the line getting some worms..[baitmonkey got me] he said you fellers got a boat? i said yeah.. pretty much.. motors getting hung today.. he said hit lake robinson [nuclear cooling lake post] We had a tourney saturday and weighed in 147 fish.. winner was 10 fish that weighed 47 lbs

^^thats the lake were goin to test the boat in
the 147 fish part may have been true, but he lied to you about the 47lbs part...10 lbs is a good weigh in at robinson...the pros could weigh in there and not get that kinda weight in 3 days.

btw: looks like the boat is coming along good.
fishin spro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 02:00 PM   #122
MrPhotographer06

thanks!

hey does that gas station where the club meeting is next week...

does it have a big mural on the wall.. and have sell all that fishing stuff and says Bass Pro Shops branded items on the sign?
Old 03-09-09, 08:58 PM   #123
MrPhotographer06

Yuck.. she sat all weekend.. as soon as i go buy the registration numbers, and do the steering controls its water ready.. it'll put-put.. but it needs a carb re-build.. i may get that done this weekend
Old 03-09-09, 09:21 PM   #124
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

its got a big mural, but ur thinkin of deboses i believe...the sportsman is about a mile past goldkist on the right side...its about a mile or so b4 you get to the youngs market...those are the last 2 stations b4 u leave town i believe
fishin spro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 09:38 PM   #125
MrPhotographer06

yeah i was at deboses...

leaving town going towards b-ville ?

but i guess i shouldnt worry about it according to my dad

Quote:
I told my dad about the club thing and the tourney.. and he said.. you spend too much money as it is... so thats 25 to join.. 20 per tourney, gas there and back.. ..and how are you gunna fish? i said well you can fish boater and non boater.. and i can fish non-boater and fish with a boater.. he said.. so i guess i've got to sign something for my 16 year old to ride with someone i dont know, dont know their boat driving skills and let you loose on the cooper river? haha.. i dont think so..

so i guess i cant join?.. maybe i can talk him into it between now and next monday..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.