Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-10-11, 11:04 PM   #1
ScottyD
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 1989 Bass Tracker Pro 17V drain/inlet holes?

New to the site here, but I've been reading up on alot of useful information and thought I should join because I'll be picking your brains on a restoration of a 1989 Bass Tracker Pro17 V.

I would rather not sink the boat when I drop it in for the first time, so my first question is to ask: There are 3 drain / inlet holes at the back of the boat shown in the picture - the one on the far right is the drain plug, but what are the other 2? The one on the far left appears to be a manufacturer install for the livewell inlet?? But the one next to the drain seems like an aftermarket job. Any ideas?

The boat has one livewell with 2 holes in it, one up top and one at the bottom. I assume the one up top is for pumping fresh water in, and the bottom for draining. Second question: Do I need to use a plug to keep water in it? Or does the setup keep the right amount of water in there while on the lake?

Again, thanks in advance for your help here..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00118-20110810-2137.jpg
Views:	2057
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	7101  
ScottyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 10:20 PM   #2
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yes you will need to keep plug in so water will not drain out when running boat assuming you have anything to but in it lol, iwould fill up your livewells with a water hose and see what comimes out the third one on my boat is for ice chest but water in there and see what happens.actually the top hole in your livewell is overflow when you fill your livweel with water or airertor is on so you do noy sink your boat
Old 08-12-11, 07:47 AM   #3
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Out of the three holes one is for intake to the livewell and one is for overflow,the other one is for the drain in the boat itself,that definately needs a plug.
Some livewells have a built in plug,via a lever they seldom seal real good so not a bad idea to plug it as well.As for finding out which is which put water in livewell,when it overflows will show that one,pull plug then shows the livewell drain,the one left is the boat drain,forget to put the plug in yes can sink depending upon how much floatation,older boats tend to have less(exception Rangers).
Different boats somewhat different in locations or what they do some have even more like for pumpout but located high up on the side normally.
On some older boats one can see the boat drain from the inside and even place plug in from in the boat,ps carry a spare plug.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 09:03 AM   #4
ScottyD
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the help guys, you were right about the plugs and what they went to. Livewell worked great on the water - found the plug in the corner of it but probably bad luck to fill it before we caught a fish though. Boat stayed dry and everything worked, good day on Lake Heidecke.
ScottyD is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.