Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-09, 08:41 PM   #51
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

CCbass, I remembered what else I had to say to you.

You've been here less than a month. Who gave you the right to judge Kevin and his wonderful website. Even if you've been here longer, there's no need to attack him, or anyone else on the board, like that.

One last thing (for now): You haven't been around to see what happens when there's someone that no one likes on here, but I have a feeling you're getting VERY close to finding out.

Ok, I lied, one more one last thing: Do yourself a favor and don't bother arguing: you won't win. You really ought to appologize to everyone on the board and especially Kevin. And frankly, then you probably should leave.

BB
Old 02-23-09, 08:48 PM   #52
lincomores
BassFishin.Com Member

Well,

I can say that I didn't reply to CCBass's post to tell him to stfu or to tell him he is out of line or anything like that.
I just wanted him to know that some of us have found this site and appreciate the quality and simplicity it offers.
There is nothing new under the sun and fishing has been long before any of us so I don't expect much other than the basics and a few time tested (and water tested) tips and techniques.
I hope you stay and offer some of your insights into bass fishing, also sharing your experience as well.
Old 02-23-09, 09:18 PM   #53
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Have been reading throughout the posts and didn't want to touch it. One thing I'd like to say to Kevin that he deserve my and everybody's respect. And one last comment is, who is CCbass
Old 02-23-09, 09:23 PM   #54
bamabassman

i wondered that too bassbandit. i mean he doesn't tell us much about himself. where he is from or anything. of course alot of folk don't, but to say this here and be scared to make another comment tells me he is someone who has a fishing site and is trying to divert us to his. whcich i KNOW ain't gonna work.

come on ccbass, tell us about yourself....in DETAIL.
Old 02-23-09, 09:25 PM   #55
WTL

He posted on my profile that he is starting a fishing show.
Old 02-23-09, 09:28 PM   #56
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

Quote:
As for veterans of the site being in their teens...

YEAHHHH
Old 02-23-09, 09:29 PM   #57
bamabassman

really wtl? a fishing show? okayyyyyyyyyy. we can wait, hehehehehehehe. yes i am being very evil in my thinking.
Old 02-23-09, 10:01 PM   #58
Bassboss

Hay fellas!

I can't add to anything said all ready. I fell sorry for you that you feel that all of this is a scam. All I CAN say is that you should hold tong and think before you post. What kind of responses did you expect? Good cheery ones, with people that agree with you? How did you think Kevin would have reacted to this? What was your purpose of starting this thread? Please help me understand what this is all about! PM me if you're to embarrassed to show you face publicly, I will not think worse of you if you did so.

CCbass, I know what it's like to go though with this kind of thing (not on this forum, but really, this can really heart). But it will take some time for a majority of us to trust you again, you'll get though, I hope!

Hope you'll stay with us.

Just want to make it clear to everyone! I'm not taking his side!!! just a pep talk..... or something.

And what you got agents teens>>????<<

I really hat when people see a kid fishing a scoff at them. Saying what a newb! I bet he sucks and still has not knowledge of fishing other than that fish eat worms! You're kinda pissin' me off by sayin that!!

Last edited by Bassboss; 02-23-09 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-23-09, 10:16 PM   #59
CMorg

Joel , I told this guy to shut the fa cup , then I retracted my post because I didnt think it was good for the site. But here it is again..
Old 02-23-09, 10:17 PM   #60
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
He posted on my profile that he is starting a fishing show.
What qualifies you to have your own show? I didn't see you in the classic?!?!

This guys a fonny
Old 02-23-09, 10:19 PM   #61
Fishing Fanatic

I bet he wishes he'd never opened this can of worms.... too bad for him. Thanks Kevin for puttin up with this crap....
Old 02-23-09, 10:22 PM   #62
Tennessee

Default HE is getting exactly what he wants

Us talkign about his butt and not talking fishing lets kill this thread and get back to the fish Thats why I'm here

Later Will

PS just ignore him
Old 02-23-09, 10:24 PM   #63
bcklash

Kevin, YOU ARE THE MAN!!
Old 02-23-09, 10:25 PM   #64
BassBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee View Post
Us talkign about his butt and not talking fishing lets kill this thread and get back to the fish Thats why I'm here

Later Will

PS just ignore him
Hear hear.

The guy got what...62 posts of fame (exactly what he wants) so lets put this to stop.

This has take its course.
Old 02-23-09, 10:40 PM   #65
Wishing2BFishing

CC,

Are you serious?

This site has the most helpful, friendly, and devoted members of any site that I have ever seen. You obviously do not belong here.

Please do us all a favor and disappear.
Old 02-23-09, 10:41 PM   #66
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I agree that we need to stop this and start talking about fishing again. This guy should realise we won't put up with this, and it is because (and I think I speak for must of us) that we really like this site and don't want things like this ruining it.

One last thing, and then I'm done. THANK YOU KEVIN!! for the awesome site and all you've done for everyone who's here to learn and enjoy the good company.

BB
Old 02-23-09, 10:58 PM   #67
bamabassman

kevin, please close this thread and and others ike it pal. like you have already read. we don't want it here. thank you buddy.

YOUR FRIENDS
Old 02-23-09, 11:13 PM   #68
Buzz Wing

Send a message via MSN to Buzz Wing

Oh, snap. I think we done skeered him away...

-Buzz
Old 02-23-09, 11:13 PM   #69
Fishing Fanatic

I think you ought to blow it up!
Old 02-23-09, 11:24 PM   #70
carolina-rig-01

yeah i have said my peace, i am done with it now.
Old 02-24-09, 12:06 AM   #71
TheDupDuo
BassFishin.Com Member

I just want to thank Kevin for such a well put together, organized, and great group of people to discuss fishing with. I have spent countless hours on this site just reading. Where I live we are still iced over so this site provides me a way to keep the fishing bug from driving me nuts.
Old 02-24-09, 02:32 AM   #72
Nitro 640

Well guys, I do wish he was just looking into who Kevin was, not wondering why or if Kevin should have his own site. I do wonder if kevin has won a tourney, and how often he is out on the water? But then again I wonder that about all of the members on here. It's just nature. But when you come off attacking someone as he has you going to get a reaction like this.(never seen some many post in so little time)

I do thank you guys for sticking up for Kevin but more or less to me for the site.
This why I am here and like the site. Not because Kevin is a pro who has won $1,000,000. So guys say, your peace but then go fishing and thank Kevin and the guys here for helping ya put more fish in the boat.
Old 02-24-09, 03:01 AM   #73
Tall

CC I guess by now you see most don't really know Kevin, but enjoy this site including myself. I had been viewing it for some time to learn about Bass fishing tactics before joining. I work with a former fisherman that toured and just the other night between alarms we were discussing some of his tourny proven tactics. Very interesting little things he learned to do to his baits but some of the changes I have already read on this site.

So with that said, I and many others post questions on here and share information about Bass fishing. This site is free, and you can learn friends. I hope to get to fish with a couple members in the next few weeks when the big girl bites really are on. We have already shared information and had some good pole bending already.

Why do you care who Kevin is, I don't (as for as being a pro or expert)? He has great information posted and is providing a site for many to share free.

As for the "Future of fishing" that is a marketing slogan I think. Almost every business has a slogan something to remember the business or in this case site by. That may help in getting sponsers so we can continue to be members without a fee. I used to be a state moderater of a national duck hunting site till so many members joined the owner could not keep up the expense of the equipment. With out sponsers unless Kevin has pockets full of money someone will need to pay for upgrades to keep the server updated if a large amount of new members continue to join and start posting.

Lets have fun, you included on here. Share your knowledge with us, and be open minded to others opinions and lets not worry about the small things. Life is to short to not focus on the positives. Meaning look at a cup that is half full as just that, half full and be thankful for that and it not being empty or half gone. That is how I can go around with a smile on my face, and not a frown. So CC be thankful for the oppertunity to share your vass knowledge and education on here and who knows you may even learn a thing or two yourself. Deplomecy might be the first one if you keep that open mind. Wording is very important especailly when talking about the future of the sport (teenagers).That is just a guess, don't ya know.

Lets all have fun and enjoy while we can. We are not promissed tomorrow. I have not down loaded spell check so disregard the country boy in me.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16

Last edited by Tall; 02-24-09 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-24-09, 09:55 AM   #74
Mac2

If you dont' like the ride,
step out of the car,
and do be careful,
sour grapes are slick....
Old 02-24-09, 11:28 AM   #75
syd

I have only been on this forum for a few months. But i applaude Kevin for having the iniative to set this whole thing and keep it running. Forums are a place were you ask questions and take the answers you get and analyze them yourself. If you don't like what you read about a product or question don't buy it. But i will tell you this. When i have asked a question on this forum or sent an email to a forum member i got back great and accurate advice. I read above in a post were this guy says black isn't a good color. Well i have used black tubes for over 15 years and caught thousands of smallmouth (yes thousands) on black neon Strike King tubes. Plus black and black/blue has always been a popular color. Try telling Denny Brauer not to use a black jig!!
You always get one bad apple that wants to sir up something. Well we're not into that. We are into helping each other out with info and problem solving. Like i was always told if you don't have anything good to say don't say nothing. If you want to be productive welcome aboard. I just wish my local area had a forum were i could talk with local anglers.
Keep up the good work Kevin.
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.