Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-13-06, 11:28 PM   #1
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Woulda been a good day for fishing

Man, it was an absolutly beautful day today and the conditions would have been just right. Very light wind, nice and warm/mild the last few days, full moon, and an approaching cold front. The winds just started kicking up once the sun went down. Arrrggghhhh, wish I coulda got out.
Old 01-14-06, 12:36 AM   #2
bassinbob

Same here Rob. Went yesterday and didn't do any good.

Bob
Old 01-14-06, 12:39 AM   #3
bass kicker

i wish i could put my boat out period i could care less if i caught fish i just want to fish from my boat but it is in winter storage
Old 01-14-06, 11:17 PM   #4
Christopherkeene9

Yeah I know Rodmanrob the wind was horrible last night and today. Was working overtime cleaning the pool since we dont have a screen but have huge 50 year old live oaks in the neighbors yard behind us.

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 09:48 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
Man, it was an absolutly beautful day today and the conditions would have been just right. Very light wind, nice and warm/mild the last few days, full moon, and an approaching cold front. The winds just started kicking up once the sun went down. Arrrggghhhh, wish I coulda got out.
I did and caught 0. But enjoyed the afternoon, because I worked earlier. I probably just missed them LMAO

Lizards
Old 01-17-06, 11:57 PM   #6
Rodman_Rob

where did ya go?
Old 01-20-06, 05:11 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Quote:
where did ya go?
Wilcat Lake, which is .9 miles east of 19 on 40, on the south side of the road. What is the best way to get on Rodman? Directions would be great, it's about halfway between my dad and me.

Lizards
Old 01-20-06, 07:33 PM   #8
lonestarboater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to lonestarboater Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarboater

It seems like the wind has been really bad over the whole USA these past few weeks. Here in Tennessee we have lake wind advisories because of the high winds. That is why I enjoy having a saltwater boat. With those high sides and deep-v hull. I was on the lake the other day and there were 2 foot seas with whitecaps on top. I felt pretty safe in my boat.
Old 01-20-06, 11:59 PM   #9
Rodman_Rob

Best place to get out on Rodman would either be Kenwood landing off CR 315 or Orange Springs also on 315. Take SR 40 east and turn left onto CR 315. There is a blinking traffic light at the interesection and also the Forest Visitor Center there as well. Head North on 315. You'll come to a town called Ft. McCoy. Just continue heading North on 315. About 10-12 miles north of Ft. McCoy is a fork in the road. Go to the right and continue on 315. 1/2 a mile after the fork in the road you'll see a sign for Orange Springs Boat Ramp. Make the right off 315 and head about a mile down the road and turn to the left, the ramp will be on the right. The area around the ramp and the Orange Springs basin is somewhat shallow and with the clear, warm water coming from the Orange Springs, its a great place to find bedding fish.
If you want to go to Kendwood, just continue heading north on 315 about 5 miles after the orange springs ramp you'll see the sign on the right for the Kenwood Landing Boat Ramp. Turn down there and go down about half a mile. Kenwood will put you closer to the Stump Fields. Along the north shore of the Stumpfields is an old creek, usually some good fishing there.

You'd probably have a good day fishing if you go tomorrow or Sunday. With the warmer temps we've been having the last couple days the water temps should be picking up and so should the bite. Good luck.
Old 01-21-06, 07:52 AM   #10
lizardsrule

Quote:
Best place to get out on Rodman would either be Kenwood landing off CR 315 or Orange Springs also on 315. Take SR 40 east and turn left onto CR 315. There is a blinking traffic light at the interesection and also the Forest Visitor Center there as well. Head North on 315. You'll come to a town called Ft. McCoy. Just continue heading North on 315. About 10-12 miles north of Ft. McCoy is a fork in the road. Go to the right and continue on 315. 1/2 a mile after the fork in the road you'll see a sign for Orange Springs Boat Ramp. Make the right off 315 and head about a mile down the road and turn to the left, the ramp will be on the right. The area around the ramp and the Orange Springs basin is somewhat shallow and with the clear, warm water coming from the Orange Springs, its a great place to find bedding fish.
If you want to go to Kendwood, just continue heading north on 315 about 5 miles after the orange springs ramp you'll see the sign on the right for the Kenwood Landing Boat Ramp. Turn down there and go down about half a mile. Kenwood will put you closer to the Stump Fields. Along the north shore of the Stumpfields is an old creek, usually some good fishing there.

You'd probably have a good day fishing if you go tomorrow or Sunday. With the warmer temps we've been having the last couple days the water temps should be picking up and so should the bite. Good luck.
Thanks, we kept trying to get there off of 19, and couldn't ever find a ramp, except for the one below the dam and just getting you to the river. I'm trying to get my boat in the shop asap to get it fixed I know it's something easy to fix, just don't know what

Lizards
Old 01-21-06, 11:23 AM   #11
H2O
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Thanks, we kept trying to get there off of 19, and couldn't ever find a ramp, except for the one below the dam and just getting you to the river. I'm trying to get my boat in the shop asap to get it fixed I know it's something easy to fix, just don't know what

Lizards
So jealous, you guys still have chance to fish!

Any way, best wish to you, and your boat
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 03:41 PM   #12
Christopherkeene9

Well if your water didnt turn to "Ice" (i believe thats what y'all call it, correct me if im wrong).

Chris
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.