Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-14-13, 06:26 PM   #26
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

A ball point pen is not a #2 Pencil and a Coyote is not a Jackass.... wait what were we talking about.....
Old 07-23-13, 11:18 PM   #27
merc1997
BassFishin.Com Active Member

white spinner baits work. white spoons work. it just seems natural that white soft plastics imitating a shad will work also.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-13, 10:35 AM   #28
Brian E Brightwell
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
A ball point pen is not a #2 Pencil and a Coyote is not a Jackass.... wait what were we talking about.....
I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

I have probably caught more smallmouth in Blue River, Indiana on white than all the other colors combined. I don't know why.
Brian E Brightwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 07:51 PM   #29
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Submitted for consideration.
Bo gets a call from Chris....I'm in Academy, do you want me to pick up anything for you while I'm here?
Bo: Yes pick me up 5 or 6 bags of rubber worms.
Chris: What kind and color?
Bo: 2 bags of white tricks and 3 bags of 5" white senkos.
Chrsi: OK I'll see you at the ramp at 6.

If anyone finds the above example of a typical exchange between fisherman hard to understand
or a semantic maze or unrelatable or unrealistic or even slightly wrong in any way you should probably add me to your ignore list as well.
I would like to point out that if specific classification is so important, then Bo should ask Chris for plastic worms, not rubber worms. We all say soft plastics, but I have never heard of anyone referring to baits as soft rubbers although something about the term soft rubber makes me laugh.
Old 07-28-13, 10:08 PM   #30
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Bo should ask Chris for plastic worms although something about the term soft rubber makes me laugh.
Me too.....but ever since I was just a little kid, me and everyone I fished with from then til now have always called them "rubber worms". I understand that the web retailers and such use "soft plastics" as a descriptive but I've NEVER heard a fisherman say " They're hitting plastic worms"....of course that doesn't mean guys don't say it, just that I've never heard it.

The whole "is a senko a worm?" thing is petty anyway. I was just curious if any of yall were throwing white worms, and then when I stated my opinion re: the definition of worms(one size above default ) just to emphasize how I felt it seemed to rub some the wrong way. I suppose to be politically correct I should have used "IMHO" but since I'm typing the post it seems a given. Oh Well some people that "don't give a $hit" seem to give two $hits about the stupidest things
Old 07-28-13, 10:36 PM   #31
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Me too.....but ever since I was just a little kid, me and everyone I fished with from then til now have always called them "rubber worms". I understand that the web retailers and such use "soft plastics" as a descriptive but I've NEVER heard a fisherman say " They're hitting plastic worms"....of course that doesn't mean guys don't say it, just that I've never heard it.

The whole "is a senko a worm?" thing is petty anyway. I was just curious if any of yall were throwing white worms, and then when I stated my opinion re: the definition of worms(one size above default ) just to emphasize how I felt it seemed to rub some the wrong way. I suppose to be politically correct I should have used "IMHO" but since I'm typing the post it seems a given. Oh Well some people that "don't give a $hit" seem to give two $hits about the stupidest things
I was just wanting to have fun, I never pass up a chance to jump in on one of our great arguments we have on here.

On a side note, I have heard pretty much everyone around here use the phrase plastic worm. Must be a regional thing, you know like brushing teeth and indoor plumbing.
Old 07-29-13, 02:07 PM   #32
merc1997

kory is right, everyone in our area says plastic worm or plastic crawdad or plastic lizard, ect. kind of like sodas or pop. but, white "plastic worms" do catch bass.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 08:11 AM   #33
OkobojiEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc1997 View Post
white "plastic worms" do catch bass.

bo

What color of rubber worms don't catch bass? (Give me good old black, simple and effective.)

oe
OkobojiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-13, 08:03 PM   #34
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkobojiEagle View Post
What color of rubber worms don't catch bass? (Give me good old black, simple and effective.)

oe
I'd have to admit that at least half the time color might be 4th or 5th on the list after size-profile-action-fall rate-depth etc, but I can't count the times when a drastic color change or even a subtle one and nothing else made all the difference. Beware the one trick pony

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.