Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-21-07, 07:50 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Exclamation Looking For

I am looking for the Mann's 4 inch BLACK fire tail worms. I use them for a spinnerbait trailer and have just about used up my supply. Only got about 10 or so left. If ANYONE has any of these and want to sell me some or know where I can find some PLEASE let me know as I need to replenish my supply. They are the old Mann's jelly worm type.
Old 09-21-07, 08:00 AM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'll check out local kmart, they sell a lot of manns tackle
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-07, 08:01 AM   #3
1FASTLASER

Thanks bud. I would GREATLY appreciate that. Like I said there AINT NUN down here and cant find em.
Old 09-21-07, 08:05 AM   #4
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I got a whole pack of 'em. 8" Black w/ firetail(pink) tail. Bass assain brand though, could pick some up and send 'em to ya. Interested?
Old 09-21-07, 08:12 AM   #5
lunker-lander

Yeah 1FL, these Bass Assasins sound EXACTLY the same as the Mann's! These ones are soft, made w/ Pig Lard, and are enzyme enriched. I also use them for a spinnerbait, funny, they work awesome don't they!!! Going to the store where I got them today, may be able to get a pack for ya. Want 'em?
Old 09-21-07, 06:04 PM   #6
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

8" is pretty long for a trailer LL.

Sorry 1Fast havent seen many around here, I'll give it a look next time I'm in Wal-Mart.
Old 09-26-07, 06:05 PM   #7
lizardsrule

Went to Mann's site, and they don't have a "Fire Tail" worm. They do hower ever have a paddletail 4" So either it's been discontinued, or it's a different name.

http://www.mannsbait.com/index.asp
Old 09-26-07, 06:47 PM   #8
1FASTLASER

Yea Lizards they where discontinued several years ago and I been hoarding the last few that I had. Finally strung up the last one this past weekend. I been hunting around in all the little ma and pa bait stores hoping I would find some but to no luck. Ya'll keep that bait in mind ifn ya happen to luck up on any and gimme a holler. The funds will be sent right away. That particulat bait used as a spinnerbait trailer has caught me MANY a bass when used on the right spinnerbait at night.
Old 09-26-07, 06:49 PM   #9
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
I got a whole pack of 'em. 8" Black w/ firetail(pink) tail. Bass assain brand though, could pick some up and send 'em to ya. Interested?
Lunker Lander I really appreciate the offer bud. I have tried cutting down the bigger worms and for some reason they dont perform as well. Only thing I can think is that the bulk of the worm has something to do with it. Again I appreciate it.
Old 09-26-07, 09:34 PM   #10
lunker-lander

No Problem "Beam"....
Old 09-27-07, 07:23 AM   #11
Mac10

If you find colors that would work, I'll be glad to cut and weld, dice and splice them for you. You would just send me the two different colored worms along with one original as a pattern. A couple of fellows wanted large black worms with pink tipped tails for night fishing and I welded those for them. I don't charge other than the shipping cost if you are interested at some time or other. Also, if you have punctured or torn worms, I can repair weld those also most of the time. I can't promise good as new, but workable.

Last edited by Mac10; 09-27-07 at 07:25 AM. Reason: omission
Mac10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-07, 04:58 PM   #12
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
Yea Lizards they where discontinued several years ago and I been hoarding the last few that I had. Finally strung up the last one this past weekend. I been hunting around in all the little ma and pa bait stores hoping I would find some but to no luck. Ya'll keep that bait in mind ifn ya happen to luck up on any and gimme a holler. The funds will be sent right away. That particulat bait used as a spinnerbait trailer has caught me MANY a bass when used on the right spinnerbait at night.

Mac does good work, he sent me some of his creations, and they were really good. When I went on the hunt for my worms that were discontinued, I got a lot of them from ebay. Might want to do a search and see if someone has some listed.

Lizards
Old 09-29-07, 06:12 PM   #13
1FASTLASER

Been there done that Lizard. In fact I do it quite regularly to see ifn someone post some up.

Mac10

That may be what I have to do. I am sure I can find some of the 4" worms around and then all I would have to do is find the firetail that would fit shall I say. As soon as I can find them I will pm ya and get hooked up with ya.
Old 09-29-07, 09:47 PM   #14
Bender

Mac is the master of "frankensteining" soft plastics!
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-07, 07:51 PM   #15
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default look there

Hey ,Do you get a Bass Pro Shops catalog? Look in there if so,if it's not in there they may have something very close to it.Good luck FL
Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.