Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-13-12, 10:08 PM   #1
mustang-alkie
BassFishin.Com Member

Default lake guntersville

Well, some guys from work want to have a tournament the end of March. I have never fished this lake so I'm looking for some advice. Any and all info would be great. It is going to be a hundred dollers a boat so don't want to go with out a little knowledge.
mustang-alkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-12, 10:12 PM   #2
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Have Bama ask Lisa about Guntersville
Old 01-14-12, 01:17 AM   #3
bamabassman

BWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA goodun mike.

ok stang......WHERE are ya'll gonna launch at? tell me that and i'll see waht i can come up with for you pal.

right now i would tell ya to pack some RATTLE TRAPS, lisa's favorite color is chrome with a boue back. others will say get some red in the color scheme somewhere. early spring is a great time to use the trap on the edges and drop offs.
spinnerbaits are great as well, buzzbaits too.
my favorite is the ZOOM 6-8 inch lizzard, texas rigged, punkinseed color with or with out a chartruse tail. i'll dip mine in the chartruse colored SPIKE-IT in garlic flavor. works good for me. also have some jigs ready to chunk.

tell me where you're gonna put in at and i'll try to tell ya where to go. i usually launch at B.B.COMER bridge. fish the grass and pads all the way up to JONES COVE. google map the lake and you'll find it up by SCOTTSBORO, AL. hwy 35.
Old 01-15-12, 11:32 AM   #4
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
BWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA goodun mike.

ok stang......WHERE are ya'll gonna launch at? tell me that and i'll see waht i can come up with for you pal.

right now i would tell ya to pack some RATTLE TRAPS, lisa's favorite color is chrome with a boue back. others will say get some red in the color scheme somewhere. early spring is a great time to use the trap on the edges and drop offs.
spinnerbaits are great as well, buzzbaits too.
my favorite is the ZOOM 6-8 inch lizzard, texas rigged, punkinseed color with or with out a chartruse tail. i'll dip mine in the chartruse colored SPIKE-IT in garlic flavor. works good for me. also have some jigs ready to chunk.

tell me where you're gonna put in at and i'll try to tell ya where to go. i usually launch at B.B.COMER bridge. fish the grass and pads all the way up to JONES COVE. google map the lake and you'll find it up by SCOTTSBORO, AL. hwy 35.
Good advice, but I would go with the "red shad" rattletraps in the 1/2 oz model and work it over the flats where the alligator grass is just starting to grow, it helps to have some deeper water nearby (down't have to be anything more than a ditch or drain that is a foot or so deeper than the water on the flat. White and White/Chartreuse Spinner baits, and John's favorite T-rigged lizards are also good on the flats. There will be fish staging on points and creek channel intersections too so a 3/8 oz to 1/2 oz football jighead with a 10" ragetail worm in Redshad is a good bait especially if there is current. Find rock and stuff on the point with current running over it and hang on. Lastly, jointed swimbaits in shad patterns are great this time of year also.
We will be having a club tournament over there in March also, we put in at Mud Creek.
Old 01-15-12, 11:41 AM   #5
bamabassman

GLAD OT SEE YOU BACK BOB-O!!! i thought i said to use the red traps though. if i didn't i was thinking it and forgot to type it in there. sorry.

LISTEN to ol bob, i know this man personally and can tell you that he KNOEWS fishing.

i hope to see you out there this year bob. we got a lot of things going on here but i am hoping to get out there on g'ville. more this year.
Old 01-15-12, 11:52 AM   #6
Bob Smith

This is a busy time of year for me as well, John. Between the Porko's Tournaments on Sunday Afternoons, the new Georgia Fishing Forum and I manage, my daytime job and family Ive been really busy. You know I can't stay away from G-ville too long so I will see you out there soon!
Old 01-15-12, 03:44 PM   #7
bamabassman

alright bob. hopefully i (or WE, if lisa is able to go) will see you on the lake buddy.
Old 01-16-12, 12:24 AM   #8
mustang-alkie
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks guys for the info I will try it out. My normal fishing buddy girlfriend is having a baby around that time so it looks like I mite have go at this alone. We are putting in at goose pond. Im hope to have a good day and maybe win, it would be nice to have the bragging rights at least for a few weeks.
Old 01-16-12, 09:18 AM   #9
bamabassman

gose pond? FANTASTIC!! whenit gets closer to time, holler at me. htat is REAL close to b.b.comer, i hope to be fishing by then, i'll try my best to give oyu a heads up.
Old 01-16-12, 10:05 AM   #10
bassboogieman

'Bama, be sure to consult with LISA he's fishing a TOURNAMENT and likely isn't interested in DINKS! Lisa will put you on the BIG FISH!
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 04:05 PM   #11
bamabassman

3 steps ahead of ya bruce ol buddy. hahaha, lisa is like me...waiting on spring. she is aobut as ready as i am to get out there.
Old 01-16-12, 09:35 PM   #12
LeBron_Hill
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Im fishing on Lake G next weekend...i know the rattletrap bite is pretty hot right now, but I always throw a chrome/blue...u think the red ones would be a good choice right now as well?
LeBron_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 09:54 PM   #13
bamabassman

yes i do lebron. jigs are good too i hear. they are really not as deep as usual this time of year i don't think. this warm winter has em all messed up i think. i would also have a 10" worm tied on too for the points and ledges. jsut a gut feeling. and the spinnerbaits are always going to be good when there is a ripple along the grass edge. there aren't any grass so to speak. but the edge is still there. they may have moved up thinking of spawning early. again, jsut a gut feeling on my part. this weekend is supposed to be nice. partly cloudy skies..............man if only i wasn't going to see my folks i might even go. but gotta see momma.
Old 01-16-12, 10:02 PM   #14
LeBron_Hill

any specific color on jigs/plastics?
Old 01-16-12, 10:08 PM   #15
bamabassman

ol tried and true is black and blue, lol. hey that rymed. hahahaha!! i like the peanut butter and jelly color too. but when it's cloudy and overcast, i like black and blue and dark colors on jigs. craw colors on more sunny days. jsut a personal thing really.

oh and on my worms, june bug, black. blue with some glitter, maybe a dark brown.

lizzies......hahaha, my favorite is the punkinseed. if they don't hit it right off. i'll dip it in chartruse SPIKE IT. garlic flavor.

spinners, white, chartruse and white skirt. 1 gold blade, 1 silver. or if they don't hit that i go completly oppsite...BLACK.

sam on buzzbaits.

and i just thought of something. take along a frog if oyu're gonna fish the grass at all. never know witht he warm weather. once again, jsut a gut hunch feeling. we ain't had but a few nights in the freezing temps. so the frog JUST might still be out there.
Old 01-16-12, 10:13 PM   #16
LeBron_Hill

pb&j and mardi gras seem to be my best colors there as well...never have caught many on black/blue though...just my luck...lol
Old 01-16-12, 10:16 PM   #17
bamabassman

hahaha, yeah i know what oyu mean. i was thinkng aobut the mardi gras but couldn't get the NAME out of my mouth. yes i talk out loud sometimes when i type. lol!!! it still don't help me with my typing skills. hahahahaha!!!

i have a color scheme called the ALABAMA CRAW. c-rig has these i think and i think cabin fever does too. ask carolina rig and bigbassin144 if either has any in stock.
Old 01-17-12, 12:23 PM   #18
mustang-alkie
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks again guys. And bama sure will. if I can't get a partner to fish by then I will have a spot open on my boat if anybody would like to join in. Got a few people saying they want to but they don't know. I will keep up dating as I know more but right know it looks like we will have 7 boats in it so it mite be q nice pay out.
Old 01-17-12, 06:12 PM   #19
bamabassman

post up some pics man. we LOVE pics, lol. and i hope you win the whole shebang man.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.