Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-22-06, 09:26 AM   #1
web0433
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to web0433
Default Oh what to do in the Winter Time????

If I could get my mind right to be OK out in the cold, I would be fishing on the weekends here. Just hate the freakin cold so much. Any ideas how to get your mind right so that one would welcome the winter time fishing? haha Plus bites are few and far in between anyways. Guess I will just watch my bass shows and read my BASS magazines. Have a good day all. Clyde, OHIO
Old 01-22-06, 09:44 AM   #2
Mac3
BassFishin.Com Member

I've been making walleye rigs and selling them to the local baitshops. Also been tying bass hair jigs and crappie jigs to be sold also. As I make each item, I toss a few in the bucket for my own use. Of the three items mentioned, the walleye rigs are the easiest to make up.

Also been rigging up my boat and working on the never ending chore of sorting tackle, cleaning plugs, shining spoons and spinnerblades.

Good fishing, Mac (East Tennessee)

Went out trolling the other day and we caught two rainbow trout....was trolling Rapalas hoping for the occasional walleye and smallmouth bass to hit.
Mac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 12:00 PM   #3
Patrick Krueger, Jr.
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I clean and regrease my reels. Flip and pitch to targets in the warmth of my heated garage. Spend small fortunes at tackle shops. Go through old In-fisherman mags and consider getting a tattoo of some of the awesome cover art by Larry Tople.
Old 01-22-06, 01:02 PM   #4
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

hey web,
i live in bellevue right down the road!! Want to fish one of the bellevue reservoirs sometime this week, been doing good at all of them latley! Let me know, Thanks!

Ryan
Old 01-22-06, 01:08 PM   #5
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

luremaking isthe way to go... mine im going tostart today
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 02:47 PM   #6
Fishing4Soup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i get my fly rod out and go try to catch some steelhead!
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 03:02 PM   #7
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Last year I meticulously planned my spring break trip to florida during the winter, especially during some of the long lectures I had to go to! This year I have plenty to do, but planning and gathering information on your fishing holes is a good way to kill the time.
Old 01-22-06, 03:08 PM   #8
striker23

Send a message via AIM to striker23

just chill and dream about the summertime hahah. actually in the winter its good deep sea fishing for some species, if you do any of that.
striker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 04:58 PM   #9
basstech

Been cleaning reels, already finished sorting through tackle and re-organizing all of it as well as made list of things to replentish and other things to buy. Been stripping and repainting lures that need refurbishing or just never caught anything cause it was an ignorant choice of pattern to buy on my part. Started refurbishing my boat. but can't get anyfurther untill I get the trailer taken care and buy a truck.
Old 01-22-06, 06:06 PM   #10
scrap

i was out today. nada, i wasnt surprised, but it was good to be out there fishing from the bank, i had hoped the monster hog would bite, but that was not to be, another day...i would have settled for a sunfish...lol...tight lines to all.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 04:18 PM   #11
senkosam

Make soft plastics, tie new skirts on jigs and spinnerbaits, make in-line spinners, coat scratched crankbaits with clear nail polish, take winter time photos and post them (especially of streams and lakes).
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-06, 07:27 PM   #12
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well now I go Bassin in the winter LOL. I used to work on my trailer/boat/tackle supply, which always needed add on's or and restocking of used stuff I also like WTL used the time to always plan a trip or 2 or 3 Find a Powerplant lake that's the closest to you and go fishing, they never freeze. And and I always was here online and other sites learning, and reading my Bassmaster/FLW/Bass/Field & Stream publications. And of course I also did some hunting too

Lizards
Old 01-23-06, 09:25 PM   #13
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

sort out my tackle, grease up reels, im on sites like these all the time in winter, and occasionally i even get to go out when the lakes thaw out.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.