Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-06, 08:39 PM   #201
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

my young 'un and me after a tourney we fished together a while back.
just had to post it
Old 03-29-06, 09:14 PM   #202
bassintxlady
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

awsome pic there tom.....
Old 03-30-06, 07:06 AM   #203
1FASTLASER

Awsome boat buddy. Always did love the gambles specially the intimidator ll's FASTgood to fish outta of and a blast to drive. Love the feel of a truly well setup gambler Launches hard and turns like she's on rails..

Last edited by 1FASTLASER; 03-30-06 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-31-06, 08:08 PM   #204
bass kicker

that is an awsome boat tom fish i had one like that
Old 04-01-06, 09:28 PM   #205
Devilhorse
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Devilhorse

17 ft stauter built wit 25 johnson
Old 04-06-06, 12:19 AM   #206
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I finally snapped a few photo's of my boat, she ain't much to look at, but she definitely gets me to the fish. Specs: 15' Quachita fiberglass tri-hull, 28 hp Evinrude outboard, 46 pound Motorguide trolling motor, Eagle depth finder, and a decent sized livewell. I bought her for $500 and added the outboard, trolling motor, and depth finder. Last spring I got rear ended on the way to the lake and it caved in the transom. I spent a little of my free time here and there throughout last year and slowly repaired the transom myself, so all last year I had to fish from a dinky jon boat or from the bank, I'm extremely happy my boat is back in working order! Here she is.............

Old 04-06-06, 06:04 AM   #207
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin_dude
I finally snapped a few photo's of my boat, she ain't much to look at, but she definitely gets me to the fish. Specs: 15' Quachita fiberglass tri-hull, 28 hp Evinrude outboard, 46 pound Motorguide trolling motor, Eagle depth finder, and a decent sized livewell. I bought her for $500 and added the outboard, trolling motor, and depth finder. Last spring I got rear ended on the way to the lake and it caved in the transom. I spent a little of my free time here and there throughout last year and slowly repaired the transom myself, so all last year I had to fish from a dinky jon boat or from the bank, I'm extremely happy my boat is back in working order! Here she is.............

Helluva nice job buddy. Looks like you really took youe time and did it right. Pat yourself on the back as many people cant work glass and have it turn out this good. That boat brings back memories as my dad had 2 of those whenI was younger(yes we had boats in them days).
Old 04-06-06, 08:13 PM   #208
bass kicker

you did a real good job on that boat
Old 04-08-06, 11:09 PM   #209
Piper
BassFishin.Com Member

Greetings all new here. just bought a boat from a good friend of mine its a 1988 glasstream hydrabass with a 120 evenrude. its my first boat..I was wondering if any of ya guys have any links or information about this boat and info to products to restore it.Im lost and new at this first project. any help would be appreciated.
thanks. Piper
Old 04-09-06, 05:10 AM   #210
1FASTLASER

PIPER
First off welcome to the boards. Loads of good real info available to ya here. You speaking of the glassstream what do you have in mind as far as restoring on the boat. Funny thing is I owned a 85 model many moons ago with a 85 mariner on it. Little boat did well for what it was. Give us an idea on what you want to restore and the info is yours.
Old 04-09-06, 07:38 AM   #211
Piper
BassFishin.Com Member

Default glasstream

Well I want to put the boat to the original paint as it was released and get all the lil goodies and info that came with the boat when it was sold..like max engine size.. best waters and max speed. and overall care stats that came from the factory.I really want to learn this craft.Its my summer job to restore it ASAP before I show it off to my buds and family.My family is really gonna work on this lil ship.
Thanks for the reply, I will have to send a before and after pic to ya guys
Old 04-09-06, 10:57 PM   #212
fishin_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper
Well I want to put the boat to the original paint as it was released and get all the lil goodies and info that came with the boat when it was sold..like max engine size.. best waters and max speed. and overall care stats that came from the factory.I really want to learn this craft.Its my summer job to restore it ASAP before I show it off to my buds and family.My family is really gonna work on this lil ship.
Thanks for the reply, I will have to send a before and after pic to ya guys
Try the forums on this site also...... www.iboats.com
Old 04-11-06, 04:44 AM   #213
Learnin2FWFish
BassFishin.Com Member

Default No boat, but looking.

About 5k budgeted for a boat, most likely cash. Anyone have a boat near Lower Alabama/Dothan/Pensacola/Tallahassee? Right now I hit the shores, rent boats from the MWR on post and my new secret is...

Pack up a cooler full of cold ones and lunch for 2 and hitchhike in with a guy goin out by himself An extra seat + Free beer = Boat with no payment

Works like a charm!

Been looking at some 90ies used 15-16ft'ers trying for a 75+ hp I suppose, first boat so not expecting a mastepiece, happy with anything Humble beginnings right?
Old 04-11-06, 09:09 PM   #214
REDBULLCUBAN

Send a message via AIM to REDBULLCUBAN

This is it!

Old 04-13-06, 08:31 PM   #215
Piper
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for info...just checked the site all the products seem generic..I amagine that this boat is a strange one that I will have to work on my self or get a new paint scheme at the best.

Last edited by Piper; 04-14-06 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-23-06, 03:55 PM   #216
Tucson
BassFishin.Com Member

15" Coleman canoe.

2004 Crestliner Canadian 18 w/60 HP Yamaha 4-S, 70 lb Minnkota bowmount and 1966 3.9 Merc kicker. I seldom run above 3500 rpm but it will do about 34 mph @5600. Had it up to 75 MPH once on I-10.
Old 04-28-06, 12:18 PM   #217
Herdbull
BassFishin.Com Member

I just bought a G3 and I love it.
Old 04-28-06, 08:22 PM   #218
bass kicker

i like those G3 boats but i would wanna merc on it
Old 04-29-06, 05:48 AM   #219
1FASTLASER

Herbull and Tuscon welcome to the board. Tuscon you really got me on the 75 mph thing till I read on. LOL Herbull what model G3 did ya get. Tell us more.
Old 05-03-06, 05:45 PM   #220
boater

I have a 1900XLVEE NorrisCraft hi pro 200 mrcury 6 inch jack plate
Old 05-03-06, 05:47 PM   #221
boater

Had a 1710 LTV Laser '85 loved it
Old 05-04-06, 05:53 AM   #222
1FASTLASER

Sorry didnt see the this post when I replied to the pics you posted. NO way is or was Venture in the same class as the NorrisCraft but I always wondered where did venture go. They where very similar to each other in layout and design but the Norriscraft would flat out perform the Venture. All in all post up some numbers on the Norris buddy. Also if you have any pics of the Laser LTV I am begging you to post them up. By my name you should know that I LOVE LASERS. I almost bought a LTV 2 years ago but the deal fell through. I know where there is one that needs a transom replavement and could buy for 300 dollars but dont want to start another boat restoration. Especially that big a job. Ifn you have any pics of the LTV I again ask to please post em or send them to my email which is wareagle50@hotmail.com. Them thar Lasers ARE AWSOME>
Old 05-05-06, 10:40 AM   #223
Herdbull
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Fastlaser.
I did some homework and really looked around. I picked up a 165 Eagle G3 with a 50hp Yamaha. It's loaded with everything I need. Like I said, I looked around and from what I seen, this was the best boat for me. I have 7 hrs. on the motor and so far I'm very happy with it. Very good construction and easy to get to items (such as the bilge pump). I guess it's just like buying rifles, everyone has their own opinions and has to purchase what suites them and their needs. One thing I will upgrade is the depth finder. It came through with a Garmin 85. It's OK and just has the basic's but I want something a little better.
Old 05-06-06, 05:57 AM   #224
1FASTLASER

I know you can pay more for a boat but why do it when a G3 boat really has it all. There HP series are awsome boats for aluminum. I never thought for a moment in all my years of doing repairs,fishing etc etc that a can boat would be able to run like the G3 does. IMPRESSED BY FAR. IN fact if I was in the market for a new rig the G3 HP series would be right at the top of my list. I've been 72 GPS in there biggest one and was VERY comfortable with the ride PLUS the added durability of aluminum. Very well layed out.
Old 05-08-06, 01:27 PM   #225
HOG Ranger

New to the board, 01 R73 Ranger with a 125 Merc.

Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.