Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 04-22-10, 08:50 AM   #1
RonB
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Kentucky Lake 04/08/10- 04/11/10

I just got back from Kentucky lake last week.
We stayed at the BelAir motel right by the Dam Marina....great place..clean rooms, outside electric for the batteries outside every door, satalite tv,wifi, two queen beds and, a huge ice machine with enough ice to fill everyboat we had there (6)....best part 50 bucks a night total.

Thurs morning was windy but we caught fish on everything we threw...rattletrap baits, paca crws,worms, spinner baits, cranks. The only negative was all the fish were under 15" by 1/4 to 3/4 inch, and the lake was pretty low...low enough all the buck brush was out of the water. We were changing lures that were productive just trying to find bigger fish. Chrome/blueback rattle trap and sexy shad red eye shad lipless was most productive..found fish mainly on wood and secondary points.

Friday was calmer winds and still found fish on secondary points and wood. I caight most of mine on cranks...chrome/blue back rattletrap , and medium sexy shad cranks, my my boat partner caight most of his on shakeyhead. I couldn't buy a shakeyhead bite.

Saturday and Sunday...fish in same locations, but caught most in 6-14 ft of water off points and on laydowns. Shakeyhead bite was the only thing we could catch them on. I couldnt get a crank bite at all. One guy in the club brought in a 6 pounder, caught on a 5 inch creature bait. ...from a spot that I had just worked

All told, we all caught over 20 bass a day...not too many legal size fish (maybe 12 or 13), but the trip probably ruined Ohio fishing for me...definately a place I want to go to again..SOON!

Ron
RonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 09:12 PM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I was out yesterday and today as had a visiting friend from w.va here visiting.
I sort of moved here after sampling myself three years ago.
Taken yesterday im the skinny one.

Taken today 4/22

crappie was 1 lb 3 oz on a spinnerbait 3/8 oz
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.