Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 05-31-05, 08:04 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default Got to SEE one Â*Hit Today

Ya know, with the lack of rain in this area and lots of vegetation growing, the water clearity is more abundant than I can ever remember.
Today I took a yellow marker and let it down about 7 feet before I lost site of it, usually a couple of feet at best is all ya can see , esp if theres a lot of boat traffic.
So I go out today about 3 , didn't work today to work on the ceiling some more, and within minutes I can tell the bite has gone south . Compared to all last week , today they were going to make ya work for them.
I finally figured they were in any shade they could find, because it was bright blue skies .
So..... I take out this super bright rogue, its blue n chrome, Ya can see it amile off now cuz of the gin clear waters, which is kinda kewl, ya get to watch it tumble,
I was throwing up in 3 feet of water and had the boat in 9, but no takers ...
finally I worked it back to the boat and was watching the flash off its side, when right behind the rogue Â*I
see a pair of eyes and some big lips!
I pulled it once more a few inches and let it suspend,
expecting that bass to make a violent smash, but rather, the bass just eases up to the bait like thinkin
" Hey Mac, Whats up?"
so nonchalant.and with that inhales the rogue from the side..well watching from straight above I raise the rod like instantly. never even felt the hit, but knew she had bite ...
It stunned the fish I think , I had it up in no time, let it make one run by the boat, and I swung her in ( never do that in a tourny it will bite ya in the arse)
but for today the swing in was worth it, a nice 16 inch fish.
May not be big to you fla. anglers but here in oHIo its big enough to brag on Â*8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.