Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-08, 10:34 PM   #26
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydes02 View Post
Yes i will be at the richmond show as long as my wife doesnt give birth to our child that day and ill come buy and say hi how have the shows been for you?
Richmond will be my first. Been too busy with work and other responsibilities to head up to Chantilly, Timonium, or the other one in MD. Got another in early Feb and another in March.
Old 01-23-08, 04:18 PM   #27
Lilmoosecountry

Well i emailed the permoters of the sports show & gave them a piece of my mind. I was later emailed a survey. In exchange for doing the survey i get 2 tickets for next years show. If it's not any better next year i may not return. Will see i hope from the input from the survey. That it will serve as tool on the things they did wrong. Every Angler & Hunter friend a like gave the same negative response to the show as i did.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 07:02 PM   #28
BassMoJo
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

The Timonium show wasnt to bad ....
BassMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 10:09 PM   #29
3dkicker

I didn't hear great things about Timonium. Talked to a couple people. Nothing great. Capt Mike hasn't responded about it. I wonder how he did?

Lil'meece - I hope they start paying attention to somebody and figure out how to reduce costs so we, dealers, can bring prices down so you, retailer, get your money's worth. It's too easy to order off the internet, get better deals, and free shipping than it is to go to the shows. I've got to sell a lot of bait just to cover the cost of the booth. And I don't factor in all the work before, during, and after the show. Forget about food, transportation, etc.

I will say that I really enjoy talking with people about bass fishing at the shows. I've met a lot of people and heard some great stories. For me it's not about the sale (although it's nice to make a few $$$ too.)
Old 01-24-08, 10:22 AM   #30
Lilmoosecountry

Please quit calling me lilmeece. Yeah i did address that in the survey. That if booth rent was'nt so high that maybe they would attract more retailers. I enjoy the show. It's cures my cabin fever when i get to go. I spend money there but i don't come with allot. Mostly to see what'z new. I love the boat end of the show. But there's to much of that aswell. WE have the KC boat show right after the sport's show the following week. But hey if it was like it was this year. I won't be back after next year.
Old 01-24-08, 07:00 PM   #31
3dkicker

Ooops, touched a nerve there? Only did it twice. You prefer Moose or Lil or what? Lilmoosecountry is a little long.
Old 01-25-08, 09:34 AM   #32
Captmikestarrett

Timonium was about 1/4 attendance from previous years. But I did well with 7 trips booked and sold out of crappie poles by Sunday. I did see one cattle prod hour. For those who never been there:
A cattle prod event is when the aisles are so full that people can not stop due to movement of the packed crowd. So you taze a prospective customer with the cattle prod and drag them into your booth. When they awake you simply say so you want April 23 rd for LGMouth? And play like they are booking a trip..

Works 9 out of 10 times.

Capt Mike
Old 01-25-08, 11:07 AM   #33
Lilmoosecountry

Moose is fine!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.