Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-09, 08:04 PM   #26
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

more like a cup driver doing an arca race!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 09:36 PM   #27
ihnclb22
BassFishin.Com Member

i just finished reading Mike Iaconelli's book (published in 2005)... and in it, he talks about how he fished both FLW and BASS tours...and how he got tired cause he would go from a BASS tournament, then imediatley go to an FLW one...o and the book is called fishing on the edge
Old 01-11-09, 03:33 PM   #28
thebus71h
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to thebus71h

I honestly cannot believe someone here would doubt KVD's skills. The FLW guys just seem to be more finesse fishermen, where the BASS guys are power, mainly cause of the time of year they go to the lakes, but even so, you can't doubt any of the skills that these guys have.
Billy Rowlee #71h
thebus71h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 12:48 PM   #29
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Don't get me wrong KVD is the Stuff. But a larger tournament brings out allot more talent. It is harder to compete in larger field with so many pro's. Yelas does that all the time. Fukae does that all the time. KVD not so much.
Old 01-13-09, 02:46 PM   #30
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
Don't get me wrong KVD is the Stuff. But a larger tournament brings out allot more talent. It is harder to compete in larger field with so many pro's. Yelas does that all the time. Fukae does that all the time. KVD not so much.
A larger tournament also can mean that you just get numbers. I would rather fish the 50 best (not saying the elite series is the 50 best fisherman) Then 25 best and 125 guys that are just fishing the tournament trail because they can. KVD would fish both if it were possible now and we would do the same things there. KVD was in the top 5 greatest anglers of all time voted by the fishing writers (which did include a couple of FLW guys) Now most are saying he is the greatest of all time.
Old 01-15-09, 01:27 PM   #31
everettvet

I have seen both events (in person) in the last few years and it depends on what you want. BASS seems to have alot of the names that we grew up hearing and watching. However FLW gives you a feeling that you can fish on a tour level by working you way through the bfl and stren series.

From a parent stand point, I had much rather take my kids to a flw tour weigh in than a BASS weigh in. The FLW plays to the kids and has a ton of things for them to do prior to the weigh in. Bass improved a lot this past year, but FLW has them beat without a problem.

Who would win a showdown? Who the heck knows? Odds are 50:50. The winner of a single tournement only means that he/she was better only at that event. It is not like stick and ball sports where there are play offs to determine a champion. That is the purpose of the angler of the year title. AOY determines who is the best and the rest of this is fun speculation.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 04:42 PM   #32
rcarnagh
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile

There is a fishoff persay this year. The PAA series, And almost everyone from BASS and FLW are competing minus KVD. Brian Snowden won the kickoff at Toho last weekend. Shaw Grigsby led the first 2 days.
rcarnagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 04:54 PM   #33
jcw1503

all I can say is why can it not be like nascar....If the top 10 or 12 have a camerman, you should be able to pick which boat you want to be watching at that time, but it needs to be free...the cameras are already there, so if they are going to talk, let us pick who we want to watch!!!!
jcw1503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.