Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-10-08, 02:23 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2008 lures at K.C.M.O. Sportsshow!!!

I am going saturday. This is always a good time to buy all my 2008 lures at show prices. What new lures for 08 should i be on the look out for. I know i'm not leaving with out them coffee tubes. But what else!!!
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 08:17 PM   #2
3dkicker

Chasing the next great bait? Good luck.....the only thing I'm looking at is the skirts being used by the pro's on the tour called "Christmas Tree". If you come across it, pick up a couple, that's if you can find them.
I'd like to sell them at the Richmond show but minimum order is 100. Tough part about it is that I'd like to sell a variety of skirts (8-10) vs just one or two. That's too much $$ after buying my other baits and the cost for the space or tables.
Old 01-10-08, 09:25 PM   #3
clydes02
BassFishin.Com Member

I wonder if the guys that were there last year in the middle building with all the jig might be there and have that.I also wanna get some nest raiders from river2sea the crawler and maybe reaction innovation fathead jrs and one place last year had basstrix.
clydes02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 09:32 PM   #4
crankybait

lucky you! bring back pics or us to drool over
Old 01-11-08, 10:32 AM   #5
Lilmoosecountry

The only camera i have is on my phone. I 'll give it a try. We need to see all the new 08 reels for sure.
Old 01-11-08, 10:42 AM   #6
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Have you seen BPS's 2008 answer for the Basstrix..they're called Luck "E" strike by Bass Magic..they are already selling out...according to some of the info I have come across from users they are an exact replica of basstrix's paddletail...you hear that....it's the freakin' baitmonkey again !! Have fun at the show!
Old 01-11-08, 11:38 AM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

yeah i realize there is no one majic bait. But every 5 or 6 ysr when i go. There is always that 1 bait that sticks around & does'nt go away. I love to get get updated on new reels & Tackle. The best part of fishing tackle is the retailers are fishing too. They hook you first with your money before that bait ever touches a fish. Call me a sucker but it is fun. I remembor going when a high priced reel was 75-85 dollars. Now there in some cases 3 times as much of what they use to cost. My how things have changed.
Old 01-11-08, 11:51 AM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

Smitty i need to give them paddle tail chunks a try on the Mighty MO. I think they would be an awesome bait for flipp'n jigs in the downed tree's along the river. I really like the green the most.
Old 01-11-08, 02:54 PM   #9
clydes02
BassFishin.Com Member

Reactinon innovations has a paddle tail called the fathead jr they look good.There was one at a baitshop i go to before they came out .
Old 01-11-08, 05:32 PM   #10
3dkicker

Clyde - Dave's Tournament?? Yes He will be there if that's who you are thinking of.

Moose - Paddle tail chunks are interesting. I cut a little slit in them and they work like the Zoom ultravibe. W/O cutting them they wave or criss cross not twist as I expected them to. Check the Huffers too. Very nice. Long but add a little glide to the jig when bringing them across wood or hopping across the bottom. The Mini and Muscle both have swirled colors which you don't see a lot of (and are limited in colors) but sell very well.
If you put in an order with them, let them know where you found out about them. I have a limited stock that I sell at shows but could get a couple bags to you if I have them. Don't think I have any "Mean Green" in stock.
Old 01-14-08, 11:03 AM   #11
Lilmoosecountry

Well i went. That was the crappiest show ever. I really have no pic's at all. It was'nt worth the 9.00 admission. There were only 4 fishing vendors 2 of which were local retailers. There was an old man making home made spinning baits. I baught 2 1oz spinners from him. These things have blades on them the size of hubcaps. Well maybe thatz over doing it a shy bit but there big. I got a lime green color & a red n white. Oh i also picked a 4 blade bubble gum buzz bait as well from him. Ambush lures were there. I baught a 3 lippless baits like the rattle traps. Except these things have a hole at the top that forces water threw the lure & causes exreme vibration as it's fished. I baught suspending Rogue from one of the local vendors. In the bleeding clown color. I was at the show & it saved me a tripp to going to there store. But that was it as far as fishing goes. I'm not sure what the hell siding,patio encloseures,Insurance & miracle slicers have to with fishing & hunting. But there was more of that junk than anything else. Those people who put that show on & charged 9.00 should be a shamed of there selves.
Old 01-14-08, 11:26 AM   #12
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Chasing the next great bait? Good luck.....the only thing I'm looking at is the skirts being used by the pro's on the tour called "Christmas Tree". If you come across it, pick up a couple, that's if you can find them.
I'd like to sell them at the Richmond show but minimum order is 100. Tough part about it is that I'd like to sell a variety of skirts (8-10) vs just one or two. That's too much $$ after buying my other baits and the cost for the space or tables.
Big Mouth lures carries them.. Christmas tree that is. I used to buy them ten years ago and they had real xmas tree tinsel in them.. Worked great for a season.

Capt Mike
Old 01-14-08, 02:54 PM   #13
Lilmoosecountry

http://www.ambushlures.com/entry.html Here was the only lure rep that was there. Yes they caught me i baught 3 of them. But at a show price of 5 bucks a piece. Sales men was pretty stupid. He was dressed like pro tournament fishermen. My father in law asked him what was the best gear ratio to use on them. Idiot said i don't know what you mean by gear ratio. Just fish them on a medium retrieve. My father n law told me later. That he just wanted to test idiot to see if he was what he made himself to look like. I said what that. He goes by his response he sure ain't a dam fisherman. They had 2 little gals that were wearing thongs in white shorts. I realize it was'nt the lures selling them selves ambush was setting aliitle bait.
Old 01-14-08, 03:29 PM   #14
Wishing2BFishing

Any pics of the girls in white thongs?
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-08, 03:41 PM   #15
Lilmoosecountry

No i had my girls with me. That just would'nt be right. They were wearing white shorts with black thongs. Yes you could see them right threw them britches.
Old 01-14-08, 05:11 PM   #16
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

I have some Strike King Coffee Tubes given to me by Bender; I'm yet to try them, but I'll post results when I do...

-Lunk-
Old 01-14-08, 05:18 PM   #17
Lilmoosecountry

I watched a program called FISHING THE HEARTLAND. They used them on the bass. They made them soud like there the next great thing. Somthing about the taste of coffee grounds makes the bass not want let go. If that's the case does Strike King plan to put coffee in other soft plastics
Old 01-14-08, 05:24 PM   #18
lunker-lander

I don't know if Strike King is gonna put coffee in other things. Maybe the tubes are just a promotional thing???

If they do work, I'll mix up some salt/coffee and do-up my own bags...

-Lunk-
Old 01-14-08, 06:51 PM   #19
clydes02
BassFishin.Com Member

3dkicker i think so.
Old 01-14-08, 06:53 PM   #20
clydes02
BassFishin.Com Member

The ambush lures with holes are suppose to be for scent its suppose to desperse it better .
Old 01-14-08, 07:10 PM   #21
lunker-lander

They may work, but they look darn cheezy! I'm sorry, but that right there is funny!

-Lunk-
Old 01-14-08, 08:39 PM   #22
3dkicker

Capt - How's the Timonium show??? Heard it wasn't that great but opinions are like........

Clyde - You coming for a visit at Richmond? I'll be in the main building in the first section of the booths. Stop in and say hello.
Old 01-14-08, 09:37 PM   #23
clydes02
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes i will be at the richmond show as long as my wife doesnt give birth to our child that day and ill come buy and say hi how have the shows been for you?
Old 01-15-08, 10:46 AM   #24
Lilmoosecountry

Yeah they seem cheezy i have to admit. I was looking for the new stuff. Well with not much to pick from. I choose to give them a try. And the pretty ladies were hard to say no anywise. The scent does travel threw the lure. This this is done for dispersion purposes. But holes real objective is for vibration. Well thatz the theory accordding to them. The argument the sales rep gave. Was that bigger bass key on vibration better than the sound of a rattle like say a rattle trap. Who knows i 'll give them a try & report back. Ugly or not if they work i'll use them.
Old 01-15-08, 12:28 PM   #25
bassnman30

At the Greensboro show there was alot of free cans of tobacco.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.