Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-17-09, 08:50 PM   #26
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I also like to were these!

Um... question, if you're wearing a shirt, do you need to still need to sunblock on your back and or chest?

Thanks,
Old 02-17-09, 08:55 PM   #27
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
I also like to were these!

Um... question, if you're wearing a shirt, do you need to still need to sunblock on your back and or chest?

Thanks,
No you don't.

While I don't wear a hat like that, I do wear a Aussie hat if it's sunny. I alway use a water towel around my neck th help keep me cool and it covers the back of my neck as well.
Old 02-17-09, 09:11 PM   #28
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro911 View Post
When Bullfrog first came out, the dive shop I worked for was one of the testing grounds. I was in and around the water for 12 hours a day, six days a week. Used that stuff religiously. The only burns I had were where I missed a spot on a shoulder or something. As far as I am concerned, there is no better sunscreen on the market, and it is in my boat year around.

Thanks for the reminder, and I'll remember the Bullfrog next time I go to buy something.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 09:17 PM   #29
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah i have good stuff about bullfrog.... yeah i cant wait till summer to get a lot tanner.... im already tan but i get really dark during the summer..... dont you love good ole native american genes
Old 02-20-09, 05:53 PM   #30
redlikeme
BassFishin.Com Member

As a redhead, sunscreen has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

I actually go to a tanning bed for a couple of 5-10 minute sessions to get a bit of a base tan before fishing season, although I'm not sure if that's 100% safe....

Lucky for me that I live in the frozen north (Canada), so we only get sunburning weather for a couple of months a year
redlikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 06:47 PM   #31
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
No you don't.

While I don't wear a hat like that, I do wear a Aussie hat if it's sunny. I alway use a water towel around my neck th help keep me cool and it covers the back of my neck as well.
I don't understand?

Why wear and Aussie hat? This covers most my neck, and I also when it when it get really hot.I do like the look of the Aussie though!
Old 02-21-09, 12:29 AM   #32
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
I don't understand?

Why wear and Aussie hat? This covers most my neck, and I also when it when it get really hot.I do like the look of the Aussie though!
My usual hat is a baseball type fishing Daiwa hat. The brim only provides shade for my face. The back of my neck and ears are fully exposed to the sun all day long. The Aussie style hat with the floppy 360 degree brim offers a lot more shade options. The water towel is like a shammy towel that holds water for hours. I keep it wet and in it's container in my refrigerator prior to heading out. This lets me keep a cold wet towel around my neck for hours at a time. When it eventually dries out, I just dunk it in the lake.
Old 02-21-09, 09:04 AM   #33
bamabassman

joel, that hat is very good, and the towel is too on very hot days. i like the screen ausie hats, although i have one, i always seem to grab a bama hat or a bps cap. maybe i will get me an alabama straw hat like sabans this year. hmmmm. yes i will get one sometime this year.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.