Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 12-16-10, 10:34 AM   #26
philipj
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile

I prefer fishing alone, however there are times when I do like to take ladyfriend along. The way home becomes an out-to-eat and social event.

Staying warm. In 1961 I was working in Goose Bay Labrador and freezing. Air Force Times carried an article that Japanese Police were keeping feet warm by doing standing calf raises and a deep breath, ten times. I thought BS. I tried it, it works.

Also on a recent Dr Oz show he talked about Maca Root Powder for older ladies whose sex drive was going away. A couple of Sundays ago, lady friend wanted to stop at health food stroe, where she got a botle of Maca Root Powder. And it did work for it said purpose, SURPRISE, she also says that she is warmer this winter than ever before. Benefits, benefits benefits.
philipj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-10, 04:43 PM   #27
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

a few trout on this last trip. Nothing spectacular.
Old 12-21-10, 01:49 AM   #28
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
Cold normally won't prevent me from going out but like Cass, I live in a relatively warm part of the country. Wind will definitely keep me in though. Whether it's cold or not, fishing in high wind isn't much fun.
Same here. Living is south Texas the air temp isn't near as much a factor as the wind is. Fishing in a high wind can be real productive, but fighting the wind really wears me out. If it is strong enough to blow the hair off a dog I usually will stay off the water.
Old 12-21-10, 08:32 PM   #29
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Rebb!!! Where have you been?
Old 12-21-10, 08:44 PM   #30
Cavs1123

I fished in 50mph winds one time. Could barely get the car door open HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 12-23-10, 05:19 AM   #31
bassfisherman94
BassFishin.Com Member

I don't like fishing in a lot of wind. It has its benefits(like when you cast into the wind and it gets you more distance, etc.) but it's a real pain overall. So, unless I have the fishing fever really bad, i'll usually just play Rapala on the Xbox and stay home.
bassfisherman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-10, 06:10 AM   #32
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Evertime I stop by this thread. I start singing, "I fish alone, yeah, all by myself. When I wake up in the morning, I don't want no coffee or tea, just a rod, the water, and a worm, that's all I ever need. Cause I fish alone. Yeah with nobody else. You know when I fish alone, I prefer to be by myself." Thank you George Thorogood

Excuse me, I get this way towards the end of the month and its time to come home.
Old 12-23-10, 06:03 PM   #33
philipj
BassFishin.Com Member

Smile

If I am fishing alone, I make all the decisions as to when & where I am going to fish. When I got my first row boat in the 6th grade, I would always row and fish up wind, just in case I got hurt or broke an oar, comming back with the wind would be easier. That is the only decision I still make. Upwind there is always a place I want to fish. Fish with me, we are going up wind.

Last edited by philipj; 12-23-10 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling
philipj is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.