Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-13-06, 08:55 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default carppen

#1 05-05-05, 01:55 PM
Scott
BassFishin.Com Member Join Date: Feb 2002

Grass Carp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anybody have any tips on fishing for huge *** grass carp. Any tips would be apprieciated ASAP. They are in a small, small pond only between 10-15 ft. deep.-------AKS huck finn

Last edited by Unregistered; 01-13-06 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-13-06, 07:24 PM   #2
Fishing4Soup
BassFishin.Com Active Member

hmmm i almost fish a pond the exact same....theres carp in it but not sure if they are grass carp. I've caught pike and bass only in the pond so im not sure how i would catch them. I think im going to try to get them this week because the ponds melted....Im going to use corn i think
Fishing4Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-06, 07:48 PM   #3
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

since you are not registered,i'll be blunt....this is not a carp fishing forum..please respect the bass anglers on this site and post on appropriate sites such as http://www.carp.net/home2.htm

thank you.
Old 01-13-06, 07:55 PM   #4
bass kicker

corn works great for all types of carp
Old 01-13-06, 08:41 PM   #5
Unregistered

now Bassentom they aint no need to get all jacked up. some us like to carp fish. what kind a carp boat do you recomend? and do you need a fast one to carp fish with? i no you bass guys like to go fast when you fish with them big 200 motors. i dont know if corn will stay on the hook goin that fast when yer fishn fer carp, do you kno if it will? i think us carpers should get slow boats, what do you think? eny help willbe highly appreciated. thank you Bassentom
Old 01-13-06, 08:58 PM   #6
bass kicker

i fish for carp from shore and i am a bass enthusiaste and i only have a 25 hp motor on my boat
Old 01-14-06, 06:59 AM   #7
1FASTLASER

SOMEONE is gettin bored AGAIN..................
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-06, 10:04 AM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
SOMEONE is gettin bored AGAIN..................
yes sirree; aint much aint ben said bout bassn' now you take carp' thats a creature that will fool all you bassmen; you cant bribe it with al your espencive gadguts , it will out smart you ever time ' how many of you all brag about your glass carp boat and your seven fot zedco snatching carp rod,,, you dont cause the carp are smarte and harder fer you to catch/ so you dont mes with any thing thet ye no ye cant cetch thats why ye dont like to here the word carp. i want to keep it alive so yoer grand chillen and there grand chillen will have a great sport. get yoer chillen and grand chillen some good zebcoe poles today; bring them up in the right way tech them the arrts uf carp fishn... cause at the rate that yose are goin and all the fish youse are catchen on this cite ; ther wont be eny bass left when they come grown up.
Old 01-14-06, 10:33 AM   #9
TackleTester
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to TackleTester

carp are so much fun...Love fishing for them even more than I love bass to be honest. How many of you can go out and catch 200 lbs of bass in the dead heat of the summer. No one can do it but it isnt unrealistic with carp.

Here's what I would do. Since grass carp eat only grass, you are going to need to change their feeding habits. Here is how you do this. Take a 50 pound bag of field corn (whihc you can get for 5 bucks at a local co-op). Pour that into a five gallon bucket leaving about 4 inches at the top. Then fill the rest of the space with water and about a cup of sugar. Now seal this up really tight so it's almost vaccum sealed and let it sit in the sun for about 3 or 4 days.

Now every day for about 2 weeks, go down to the pond and spread this stuff around. They will gradually adapt to eating it and you will then be ale to put the corn on a hook and catch them. Hope this helps

Catch em up
Brian
TackleTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-06, 11:10 AM   #10
Unregistered

thanks tackle tester fer yer help; i am goin to try it in my pond. there is a lot of carp in it. my grannd chillen loves em' we have jest started eaten em and they taste real good and i hope thay will taste beter now that they are corn feed what do you think? my nephew is a fish expert he said theis is the expert name fer the carp Cyprinus Carpio i think that is how you spell it we live on a farm and been using wild rabit poop droppins fer bait it dont stay on the hook to good but the carp love those little round things. they are a lot or rabits on our farm and we want to start eaten more carp with our rabit we just about eat up all the squirel ate our last one fer thanks given. had rabit and coon fer christmas the rabit didnt taste to good it must have got into some wild onion and my dere wife wouldn't kis me under the misleto' said my breath smelt like the rabit we had fer dinner. so we had to dig up all the wild onions . we put them in the pond , i dont think we should have put them in the pond ' but wont kno until we eat the next carp , thank you tackle tester
Old 01-14-06, 12:58 PM   #11
bass kicker

you catch carp on rabbit crap that is funny
Old 01-14-06, 01:48 PM   #12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass kicker
you catch carp on rabbit crap that is funny
now i ant no xpert basskicker in this here carppen , but this one thing i do know , and at is is a big difernce in the taste of rabit poop and stink bait. now which one would you rathr bite? rabit poop hands up, now i think the carp feel the same way when it comes to food, rabit etes gras and it is natural procesed in there bellys before it is droped on th ground for the harden proces. once it is hard , all the taste is locked in and wont escape till it is wet underwater on hook. not like stink bate, that stuf is unlocked when you take it out of the can. and ant no carp in its rite mind gone to eat on junk food like that. so this far i proved that rabit poop is nomber 1 bate for carp. i will try your sack of corn and sugur and if it works i wont need the rabit poop nomore, so i will grow more corn on my farm and kill and ete more rabits. the bad thing about all this is the rabits mite eat up my corn before i can make it into carp food. but my nephew is smart and he will think of a way to help, cause he is a carp xpert. thank you agan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.