Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-16-06, 08:21 PM   #1
yetti

Exclamation 4 combos

i got 4 combos today.two spinning reels. both medium, and 6-6.and two bait casting, one medium and mh, both 6-6.

i plan to use one spinning for senkos, and the other cranks.
the medium baitcaster will be for spinner and buzzbaits
and the medium heavy for wheighted soft plastics.

what type of line(fluro braid ect.),brand(stren),and test for each thanks
Old 01-16-06, 11:40 PM   #2
Unregistered

helooooo any body goin to help me??
Old 01-16-06, 11:49 PM   #3
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

well you gotta give it some time. these people on here aint miracle workers, they have lives too, they cant just get up and solve everyones problems when the person wants it done.

And by the way i have no suggestions im not good at knowing what lines to use for stuff.
Old 01-17-06, 08:47 AM   #4
WIbassfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti
i got 4 combos today.two spinning reels. both medium, and 6-6.and two bait casting, one medium and mh, both 6-6.

i plan to use one spinning for senkos, and the other cranks.
the medium baitcaster will be for spinner and buzzbaits
and the medium heavy for wheighted soft plastics.

what type of line(fluro braid ect.),brand(stren),and test for each thanks
If these were my purchase, my applications may be slightly different. I'd use the medium baitcaster for cranks (with 10-12lb mono), the MH baitcaster for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits (with 14-17lb mono, 20lb for the buzzer). The medium spinning rod for senkos, flukes, tubes, dropshot etc. (with 6-8 lb mono, flurocarbon, or 10-12 lb powerpro depending on where you're fishing, water clairty, cover, etc. and I'd use the MH spinning rod with the same baits + weighted plastics or skipping docks and pontoons. (again, line size varies, but I wouldn't go above 12lb diameter on a spinning rod).

Happy fishing.
WIbassfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 09:06 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIbassfisherman
If these were my purchase, my applications may be slightly different. I'd use the medium baitcaster for cranks (with 10-12lb mono), the MH baitcaster for spinnerbaits and buzzbaits (with 12-14lb mono, )(also use MH w/30# braid Jigs) The medium spinning rod for senkos, flukes, tubes, dropshot etc. (with 6-8 lb mono, flurocarbon, or 10-12 lb powerpro depending on where you're fishing, water clairty, cover, etc. and I'd use the MH spinning rod with the same baits + weighted plastics or skipping docks and pontoons. (again, line size varies, but I wouldn't go above 12lb diameter on a spinning rod).

Happy fishing.
Good choices. minor changes.
Old 01-17-06, 04:12 PM   #6
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

might want to actually get a sn
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 07:00 PM   #7
skeeter944

i would probably use one spinning for finesse and senkos,so 8 lb clear line or 8 lb flourocarbon should work. for the crankbaits,maybe a limp 12 lb line like trilene xl,for the 6'6'' medium baitcaster, probably 12lb or 15lb clear line, depending on the size of the fish,water clarity,and amount/thickness of cover. for the 6'6'' medium heavy,i use 15lb green trilene big game,but again, your choice could be flourocarbon, or a clear line in 12lb depending on size of fish,water clarity,and the amount of cover/thickness of cover. i know this sounds confusing but once you find a brand that you like in a size and color you like at a price you like,this will be like buttering bread!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-06, 07:09 PM   #8
Wishing2BFishing

Default Line suggestion

You might want to try McCoy's Mean Green Fishing line. It is some type of copolymer. Very strong. Not much memory. Works well on spinning and baitcasting gear.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.